PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8: Death by a Thousand Cuts?

Cathcart
December 19th 12, 08:00 AM
[...]
"I think it’s relevant too that Apple has, to date, not tried to merge its iOS and OS X products into a single product line. Instead, Apple has evolved its Mac-based OS X to include features from iOS that make sense on that desktop/laptop-based system. It has described this work, which began in 2011, as a virtuous cycle, because iOS was originally based on OS X, but now iOS is influencing OS X too."
[...]

"I want to believe that Larson-Green is a better manager than her predecessor. And a key way that she can prove that is to reach out to those whom Microsoft has wronged the most, its customers. Rather than impose its will on users, Microsoft should make a show of asking exactly what it is that people think is wrong with Windows 8 and then endeavor to fix the most common issues. My suspicion is that such a campaign would result in such things as the ability to boot to the desktop and run desktop applications side-by-side with Metro apps. The horrors.
Today, like Windows Vista before it, Windows 8 is starting to succumb to death by a thousand cuts. But it’s not too late, Microsoft, and your customers would love to help you design a product they want to buy. All you have to do is ask. "

Paul Thurrott
Windows IT Pro

I think Paul Thurrott is at the spot and dealy right !

McGonigle[_2_]
December 20th 12, 10:38 AM
Indeed – “Has Microsoft lost its star ?”
"Sinofsky lands Harvard teaching gig"

“Former Windows boss Sinofsky lands Harvard teaching gig”
[...]
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/12/20/steve_sinofsky_new_harvard_job/

Google