PDA

View Full Version : CD Rom problems

tgull
December 26th 03, 10:21 PM
My read write cd rom stopped working. When I reinstall
it in add new hardware it gives me this error
message "Windows cannot start this hardware device
because its configuration information (in the registry)
is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)" Can anyone help me.
TIA

DDD
April 9th 04, 12:07 AM
----- perplexed ron wrote: -----

Last post didn't show up! CD rom drive won't auto start, read or detect at all. Tried to copy pix to CD drive and CPU asked me to put a disc in the drive, even though there was one there already. Any ideas ? Went to device manager and it said that the
device was working correctly. Arrrrgh...
Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Ron

Had the same problem. Techs said I needed a new CD-ROM. Instead I uninstalled the CD-ROM programs, using: Start/Control Panel/Add/Remove Programs," Then I physically removed the CD-ROM from the tower, letting it sit for a couple of hours. Then rei
nstalled the CD-ROM as if it were brand new. I believe the driver got screwed up, but the Device Manager never detected it, just about drove me nuts. Hope that helps. Good Luck.

DDD
April 9th 04, 05:08 AM

Last post didn't show up! CD rom drive won't auto start, read or detect at all. Tried to copy pix to CD drive and CPU asked me to put a disc in the drive, even though there was one there already. Any ideas ? Went to device manager and it said that the
Ron

Had the same problem. Techs said I needed a new CD-ROM. Instead I uninstalled the CD-ROM programs, using: Start/Control Panel/Add/Remove Programs," Then I physically removed the CD-ROM from the tower, letting it sit for a couple of hours. Then rei
nstalled the CD-ROM as if it were brand new. I believe the driver got screwed up, but the Device Manager never detected it, just about drove me nuts. Hope that helps. Good Luck.

DDD
April 9th 04, 06:55 AM

Ron

DDD
April 9th 04, 12:41 PM

Ron

Google