mouse freezes daily or more....need alt/control + del to get moving
also screensaver often does not kick in

i have xp pro internet explorer, yahoo, outlook exp and incredimal

please write to

Navin R. Johnson
May 29th 04, 02:42 PM
On Fri, 28 May 2004 13:56:02 -0700, "martina"
> wrote:

>I can use up and down arrows, tab and some of my other keys on keyboard however mouse will not move.
>I have:
>1. installed mcaffee internet security 8 and scanned all my files even in DOS, although i noticed as it was preforming the scan that some files would not let themselves be opened.
>2. I have dumped all restore points by using the FIFO process (taking auto restore off machine and then sliding the scale for the lowest setting to force computer to dump all files in restore)
>3. I am tired of this if anyone knows anything else to do please let me know. Have to type fast before mouse hangs up again.
>
>p.s. and if someone says their mouse freezes up please dont lecture them on their poor english skills give them some options to work with...first at least. like try to scan for a virus is a good start. be nice and helpful.

Have you tried a different mouse?

Mice do occasionally go bad..... BAD MOUSE! BAD!!!

P/S-2 mouse ports have also been known to stop working. I would try a
USB mouse and see if that helps. It really doesn't sound like a software
problem.

Now, about your English skills........

Good Luck,
Navin R. Johnson

We Live for the One we Die for the One
May 30th 04, 07:41 PM
Nice of him to say what mouse he is using STUPID DUMB **** HE IS, now
he expects help ?

On Sat, 29 May 2004 09:21:48 -0400, Navin R. Johnson
> wrote:

>On Fri, 28 May 2004 13:56:02 -0700, "martina"
> wrote:
>
>>I can use up and down arrows, tab and some of my other keys on keyboard however mouse will not move.
>>I have:
>>1. installed mcaffee internet security 8 and scanned all my files even in DOS, although i noticed as it was preforming the scan that some files would not let themselves be opened.
>>2. I have dumped all restore points by using the FIFO process (taking auto restore off machine and then sliding the scale for the lowest setting to force computer to dump all files in restore)
>>3. I am tired of this if anyone knows anything else to do please let me know. Have to type fast before mouse hangs up again.
>>
>>p.s. and if someone says their mouse freezes up please dont lecture them on their poor english skills give them some options to work with...first at least. like try to scan for a virus is a good start. be nice and helpful.
>
>
>Have you tried a different mouse?
>
>Mice do occasionally go bad..... BAD MOUSE! BAD!!!
>
>P/S-2 mouse ports have also been known to stop working. I would try a
>USB mouse and see if that helps. It really doesn't sound like a software
>problem.
>
>Now, about your English skills........
>
>Good Luck,
>Navin R. Johnson

Yani
August 4th 04, 05:35 AM
I have the same issue... and I've done the lot too. AND I MEAN THE LOT AS IN 2 DAYS OH NO SLEEP WORTH...
Did a new mouse help you?
Mine comes back fine after a reboot. I recond it might have something to do with those damn service packs... but who knows. It works for 15mins-2hours then fails. Just when I think I have it sussed. Any clues?

Google