PDA

View Full Version : NTFS to FAT32 conversion disaster, help needed

Snow
March 9th 04, 03:23 PM
Hey folks. I've put myself in a stressful situation and I need all help I can get.

I read a lot about converting a disk from FAT32 to NTFS before I did it but...
The problem is, I didn't think of the consequences doing it to a system disk with my Windows XP Pro installation on it. As a result, (is this just bad luck or is it so that one can't convert a system disk?) I boot my computer, but when I get to the "loader
bar"-screen, it fades in, but then flickers, dissapears, and then the computer reboots.

Next time, it shows the screen where I can choose to start from a configuration state where everything worked fine, or safe mode, or safe mode with networking and so on... But NONE of those modes work, it just does the same thing over and over again.

I have done a backup, although not too rescent (stupid stupid me...) but I'd REALLY like to avoid formatting the disk and install it from scratch.

So I need ALL the help I can get. What went wrong, why and how can I fix it? I'm pretty much desperate and am soon to cry my eyes out in frustration.

(I used the <convert c: /fs:ntfs /v> command and everything went fine I thought. It restarted normally, but I din't come further then that.)

nick
March 9th 04, 05:02 PM
mostly u will have 2 reformat and start from scratch............and den convert 2 fat32 der nly

Google