PDA

View Full Version : Unable to stay connected

djvaron
March 10th 04, 11:21 AM
Hi all,

I guess this problem is very similar to other modems as well. I have a creative 3631 modem (V92) which was working fine with windows XP in the past. The story is as follows. I was originally running Win98 on a Pentium 3, 600mhz. The modem work as a charm t
hen. last year I upgrade to windows xp and I was unable to set up any modem connections because the wizard ill not allow me to. After doing some homework I was able to work it through. Recently I decided to catch up with the rest of the world and changed m
y MB and CPU. I am running an Intel MB with Pentium 4, 2.8 HT tech. Since this was a big change I decide to do a clean installation of XP. I managed to connect to the internet using a frien'd DSL line and uploaded all patches and service packs as well as t
he latest drivers for my modem. Now at home I tried to set-up my internet connection with not luck. the system dials out, verifies user name and password, gives me the "connected" message, and right away it disconnects me. I have contacted the modem and MB
manufacturers, as well as my Internet provider and they all indicate that XP is known for these types of conflicts. I contacted Customer support several times and my patience is running thin. Does anyone had similar problems?

caroljo
June 2nd 04, 08:44 PM
Yes, we've had the same problem. We just bought a new e-machine with a Smartlink v92 modem about 2 weeks ago and we still can't get on the internet. I have spent hours on the phone with our provider, had our phone line checked, deleted and reinstalled...
.we have no idea! Our old computer with the regular v90 modem we had no problem (until the computer died!). I'm desperate for some ideas too!!

Google