PDA

View Full Version : PCI Card

BondGraph
April 24th 04, 09:55 PM
I am having a very peculiar problem with my system and am struggling to find a way out of this. I have two data acquisition cards (both PCI-33 MHz) working on an assembled machine running windows-xp. The drivers were setup successfully and the devices full
y functional.

Later on, I needed to add two more data processing PCI cards (PCI-66MHz) to this system. So, I bought a new motherboard which has both the 33 and 66-MHz PCI slots. On this new machine, one of the 33-MHz PCI card is unable to function. I tried plugging this
card alone and also along with other cards. On boot-up, the OS says "Found new hardware", but when I try to install the driver, it simply fails, while the other card is able to latch on to the driver. But, both the cards are fully functional on the origin
al motherboard.

I played around with the BIOS, enabled it to do the Plug-n-Play (disabled the OS ). Set the IRQs and the DMAs to auto. Also, downloaded a shareware called PCIView, to do some PCI diagnostics. Nothing revealed where the problem lies and what the solution is

Google