PDA

View Full Version : Byte Verify Trajan

KT
June 1st 04, 04:50 PM
Over the last few days my PC has been attacked regularly by the Byte Verify Trojan. Norton always detects it and usually automatically deletes the infected file. However, I cannot understand why I am getting attacked in the first place. I run Spybot, Spybl
aster and Norton and AVG 7.0 and my firewall is Sygate Personal Firewall. My system is XP pro. Running Jview shows that my build is later than 3810 so it needs patching. I have all the latest patches and when I run Update the scan tells me that there are n
o critical updates to install...yet the Trojan still gets through. Can anyone tell me why, please. Thanks for your time.

MAP
June 1st 04, 04:50 PM
----- KT wrote: -----

Over the last few days my PC has been attacked regularly by the Byte Verify Trojan. Norton always detects it and usually automatically deletes the infected file. However, I cannot understand why I am getting attacked in the first place. I run Spybot,
Spyblaster and Norton and AVG 7.0 and my firewall is Sygate Personal Firewall. My system is XP pro. Running Jview shows that my build is later than 3810 so it needs patching. I have all the latest patches and when I run Update the scan tells me that there
are no critical updates to install...yet the Trojan still gets through. Can anyone tell me why, please. Thanks for your time.

If Norton is detecting it then it is not getting through, Byte Verify Trojan, is a java exploit trojan the web site you are visiting is infected either on purpose by the web master or by someone else who got onto their server,it is designed to allow comple
te acces to your system remotely.The M/S patch for this doesn't work to well.

Google