PDA

View Full Version : RE: ¤Hooking up 3 CD drives... n

BAR
June 10th 04, 11:41 AM
From reading your text, when in CS mode, the HDD is not recognised..yes?

This could imply that the HDD is on the wrong connector: have you placed the HDD on the closer connector to the IDE interface connection? This is the slave position. The end connection is the master connector.

"Jonathan" wrote:

> Hi there,
> I posted one asking for some advice about 3 days ago asking how to hook up my 3 cd drives.
> I followed everyone's advice.. and I still got problems.. need help.
>
> 3 CD drives..
> ASUS CD-Rom
> SONY CD-RW
> SONY DVD-Rom
>
> Case supports 4 drives, power is sufficient (all the drives have power but computer won't run with them all and recognize them).. IDE cables are fine, jumpers are fine.
> Right now all I have is the Pri. Master as the HDD (obviously) and the Sec. Pri and Sec. Slave are the CD drives. All CD drives work, I can hook up any 2 I want in the Secondary.
> My problem is hooking the 3rd one up to the Pri. Slave. I tried having the drive as slave (and HDD) as master, at the XP loading screen it will go for about 2 seconds then go to the blue screen and restart (it restarts so fast I can't even read the blue
).
>
> I set the Primary HDD and CD to cable select and it doesn't boot properly.. it won't detect the HDD and makes the CD the Pri. Master. (I also tried leaving the HDD master and the CD as Cable select and it does the same thing.. won't detect HDD and makes
CD master).
> Before I hook up a new drive I change the BIOS settings so I have everything right for that part... I need help...
> Please don't mention about buying CD combos or something (someone mentioned that before).. its not that big of a deal whether I get the 3rd hooked up or not.. it'd just be nice.. (I keep the normal CD drive disconnected for now..)
> Any help would be appreciated... if you need more info just ask lol.. thx in advance!
>
> ¤Jonathan¤
>

Google