PDA

View Full Version : change timeout before automatic switch to welcome screen


David
November 26th 04, 09:31 AM
does anyone know how to change the automatic switch timeout when you are
logged into XP before it switches back to the welcome screen

Anando [MS-MVP]
November 26th 04, 11:12 PM
Hi David,

Right click on the desktop and select properties and flip to the screensaver tab. Change the time
under Screensaver settings.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
http://www.mvps.org

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect


"David" > wrote in message
...
> does anyone know how to change the automatic switch timeout when you are
> logged into XP before it switches back to the welcome screen

batesdc
January 11th 05, 05:45 PM
I can right click and flip to the screensaver tab, but the time area and the
box to check that prompts for password are not clickable! they are just not
highlighted. and when I click on settings it says that the screensaver has
no options that I can set! is there a fix for that?

"Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Right click on the desktop and select properties and flip to the screensaver tab. Change the time
> under Screensaver settings.
>
> --
>
> Anando
> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> http://www.mvps.org
>
> Folder customizations
> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>
> Protect your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
>
> "David" > wrote in message
> ...
> > does anyone know how to change the automatic switch timeout when you are
> > logged into XP before it switches back to the welcome screen
>
>
>

Anando [MS-MVP]
January 12th 05, 12:05 PM
Hi,

You can try to download and run this edit and see if it helps:

Enable Screensaver tab settings (line 227, right column)
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
Microsoft Certified Professional
http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
http://www.mvps.org

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect


"batesdc" > wrote in message
...
>I can right click and flip to the screensaver tab, but the time area and the
> box to check that prompts for password are not clickable! they are just not
> highlighted. and when I click on settings it says that the screensaver has
> no options that I can set! is there a fix for that?
>
> "Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Hi David,
>>
>> Right click on the desktop and select properties and flip to the screensaver tab. Change the time
>> under Screensaver settings.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Anando
>> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
>> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>> http://www.mvps.org
>>
>> Folder customizations
>> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>>
>> Protect your PC!
>> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>>
>>
>> "David" > wrote in message
>> ...
>> > does anyone know how to change the automatic switch timeout when you are
>> > logged into XP before it switches back to the welcome screen
>>
>>
>>

Google