View Single Post
Old August 26th 11, 01:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.windows7.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web
Rob
external usenet poster

Default Windows 7 to XP file sharing: some files are accessible in afolder, some are not

On 26/08/2011 07:46, Yousuf Khan wrote:
I have a Windows 7 desktop that's sharing several folders out to other computers, mainly running XP. That's pretty typical, and I'm not having any problem setting this up, it's already setup and working fine.

However, recently I added a new folder share from the Windows 7 computer. What I'm finding is that some of the files in the folder are accessible, and some are not. It's unusual because typically I see either that the whole folder is accessible, or it is not, not just some things inside it. I'd say half are accessible, and half are not.

When trying to access some files, I get the message: "file not accessible". Yet, I can see all of these files when viewing the directory listing in Explorer. What could be causing this?

Yousuf Khan

What is often a simple quick fix for this is to unshare the folder and then share it again.
HTH
--
Rob
Ads