View Single Post
Old July 24th 04, 05:27 PM
S_H
external usenet poster

Default How do I use NetMeeting?

I'm on Windows XP Home edition.

I use MSN Messenger regularly, however for Video conferences my collegue has to use Netmeeting because the camera isnt compatible with MSN (appararently).

My original post on this which I have asked for help is as follows:

"I have got Netmeeting installed on my system, and it had worked fine.

However, I tried to use it again for the second time and I have had no such luck being able to use it again.

My collegue places the call using MSN, and I am connected (and my collegues Netmeeting is working fine.)

However, after aprox 1 minute, the message:

"The Directory server cannot be found.
You may not be connected to the network, or you may have mistyped the server name.

To change your server, click on Tools, Options and select the general tab".

pops up and I cannot use it.

I have looked on all possible websites for information about this, but none seem to help or offer any soltuions I can follow - nor does the General Tab in the Tools menu.

I am apparently logged onto the Microsoft Internet directory when I look into the Tools menu.

(p.s; like I have said before, I have looked and browsed the Microsoft support pages - including this forum, and the offical Microsoft site)"

I have looked at the Website you offered which has said about Netmeeting and XP, and I have read through it all (disabling Firewalls etc), but all these actions I have already taken.

I am however, slightly confused as to why Netmeeting worked the time I installed it (well, accessed it for the first time) and to why it will not work now.

I apologise I cant really offer anymore information on my system but ive provided as much information as I know!

Thanks a lot by the way.
"Joel Estes" wrote:

Suggest you read www.meetingbywire.com. It is a little long, but all you
need to know is there.
Also, if you can give some details of your system and how you are attempting
the call, perhaps someone could help.

Ads