View Single Post
Old May 26th 15, 08:47 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-8
Big_Al[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default Edit the 'open with' - 'chose default program' list

Good Guy wrote on 5/26/2015 3:40 PM:
On 26/05/2015 03:46, Big_Al wrote:
When I right click a PNG file and pick the 'open with' option and then 'choose default program', I get one item in the
list that is "%1".
I'm going to admit that I was editing the programs that open and edit PNG files a few days ago and I guess something
got mistyped. But now I have this idiotic "%1" item. Does anyone know where the list is stored.

I'm picking the 'chose default program' option not so much to make a new default, as I will uncheck the 'do this
always' box, but I want to one time pick a program that is not in that first list, so I have to go there to get more
options.

TIA.

When you right-click on your png file, you need to select "Open With" and you get something like in this pictu

Open-With http://s11.postimg.org/ww06a35lv/2015_05_26_2033.png

Click on More Options and then scroll down until you get "Look for another APP on this PC". You can now browse for your
image editing program or whatever you prefer.

I guess everyone isn't getting the story. I can do all that, but the list in the picture you included has one line
entry with "%1" and no name as an option to pick. THAT'S what I want to get rid of. I've got the right associations
and I get the right program with 'more'. I know all this. It's that "%1" thing I'm after.

Ads