View Single Post
Old August 4th 04, 04:57 PM
The Unknown P
external usenet poster

Default Registry cleaner

Both Doug and Carey are mistaken in my opinion. If you do a lot of installing\uninstalling and testing of apps then the registry gets bogged down with useless information and entries. Now while it's true that XP ignores registry entries that are incorrectly entered or written or have invalid associations the mere act of checking leads one to believe that slow down can be the result of a registry full of obsolete entries. I know the eXPerts will claim this is just microseconds but then they all add up to seconds don't they. The best that I have had and still use is the old JV16 Power Tools. You can still get the old free one on some sites. For just the registry cleaner from the tools do and internet search for RegCleaner. }:~)
--
There are three types of people in computing, those that can count and those that can't.

"TheBFG" wrote:

I'm pretty new to XP.
I hesitate to touch the registry but I have beenadvised it is good to clean it up sometimes. Is that correct? If so,
I want to get a registry cleaner that works well and is easy to use for a beginner.
Does anyone know a useful utility to do this?
I checked on Google but there are so many.
Any advice appreciated. If you know a good free version that would be great.
Thanks

Ads