View Single Post
Old May 1st 04, 08:32 AM
Kaz
external usenet poster

Default "Using XP Home Fax utility after setting up a network"

Hi Sorry I have been flat out working and got a few moments tonight to check back with you.
Yes there is an analogue modem, its built in to the PC and I do have a phone cable plugged into this.
As I mentioned I used to use this before the Wireless access Point was set up on the PC. I also had ISDN connected then, about the only difference is this Access Point.

I have the usual set up on the ISDN, two cables which run from the phone companies ISDN point on the wall, to the ISDN unit. Then a third that plugs to the PC by USB and provides the Internet etc.

The Phone cable thats plugged into the Modem within my PC is the standard phone or modem cable. I can see my Analogue modem listed in Device manager, the driver is there and it seems to test OK when you ask it to comunicate with the system. How ever it no
w bumps me offline if I do attempt to query it which is also something that didnt happen previously even with the ISDN before Wireless was set up.

The Wireless Access uses one cable currently, as its a router which is really only being used as an access point, and that cable goes from the Routers LAN to the LAN on the PC.

Its got me Stumped, and in a pickle as Its something I do rely on due to working from home.

I am convinced its something to do with this new set up we have, as things go the Router is rightly designed for Broadband or cable and was not meant for an ISDN. Not unlike the ISDN working fine with the other internal modem still connected to the a phon
e line. When I first connected with that 7 months ago, several people at telstra had told me that I wouldnt be able to use XP fax with it either, but I found you could as long as you didnt plug directly into the ISDN box and only into the PC's internal mo
dem connection.

I dont know, maybe I have just been snagging these set ups until now and managing to do things that technically shouldnt be happening "I am Blonde by the way" LOL.
anyway thanks again for your help
Kaz
Ads