View Single Post
Old May 4th 04, 02:39 AM
kaz
external usenet poster

Default "Using XP Home Fax utility after setting up a network"

Yes thats right I could use the fax with the ISDN before attempting to set up the networking. I did try several times to set that networking up before It was finally configured, I think I tried using the networking wizard but that did not work, all the sa
me I did follow the wizard through as you normally would but it was no help in configuring things as the router we use is really only meant for a cable or broadband. It was not meant to be used with dial up or ISDN which is why it is connected from its La
n to the Networking card in the PC and not connected directly to the ISDN. I do think that I have either selected something durring one of the several attempts that I did make using the windows networking wizard earlier on that has caused the fax problem,
the thing is I just dont know what It is that I have done. To be totally honest about the only thing I do recall doing at one stage durring trying to set up using the windows networking wizard was that I may have selected to share the printer which is al
so connect to the PC, how ever this still operates with out any problems.
the other thing I have found recently is with in the Admin settings under the services etc. When I look at the list of services the one for Fax simply says "STOPPING" not stop or start or disabled, just the word "Stopping".
I can not do anything with this, it will not allow me to start or stop it and when I do try I get an error message back telling me that this has been marked for deletion. I am not sure that this is a normal setting to see listed next to a service and I a
m not sure why I can not change this setting. I am an administrator so there should be no reason why I am unable too configure those settings.
Ads