View Single Post
Old June 6th 21, 03:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Robert in CA
external usenet poster

Default O.T. Missing Folder/files

The problem with the shutdown on Macrium is that it shuts down Macrium and
reboots. Although this time I removed the CD and it gave me an option of shutting
down or rebooting. It didn't do that with #4 hd maybe because I left the CD in?

I already removed #3 hd and put the 1TB back in the 8500. I'm not understanding
what you mean by boot from CD and clone over? If you mean clone the 1TB hd
that's what we've been trying to do all this time but the external hd's it won't connect.

I have no idea what to do, everything was going according to plan until this not
genuine OS came from no where and screwed and it hasn't been the same since.
We were nearly finished when this happened. I don't know what to do if the external
won't connect, its beyond me and I have been connecting/ disconnecting allot and
changing allot of hd's and trying to keep it all organized at the same time. I have
labeled all the hd, static bags and boxes.

As far as I can see I'm at a standstill as far as cloning with no options because the
drives will not connect because of this Not Genuine OS issue despite being licensed.
It did affect something which is why nothing will connect now. I'm leery of going into
the DOS prompt for the very reasons you gave. I could make matters worst. So I have
no clue as to what to do.

I wasn't having any problems up until #3 and that message. It totally came from no
where so I have no idea how to proceed. If all was well I would say lets finish cloning
and then go back and adjust the partitions on the drives.

Robert

Ads