Old November 29th 11, 11:19 PM posted to alt.windows7.general
SC Tom[_3_]
external usenet poster

Default ! Windows 7 Sucks

"Peter Jason" wrote in message ...
On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 14:02:32 -0500, "SC Tom" wrote:

"Mortimer" wrote in message o.uk...
"SC Tom" wrote in message ...

"Microsoft Rippoff" wrote in message ...

Windows 7 is the new Windows ME.

IE9 sucks really bad too.

Windows 7 64-bit sucks even worse.

Don't buy it. Insist on XP or Mac!

Hope this helps.

--

http://tinyurl.com/66skkxb

Windows 7 works great for me, and so does IE9. And I had no trouble with ME, either. In fact, I rolled my XP
installation back twice before finally sticking with XP.

Never used 64-bit anything; never found a use for it. Others have; good on them!

Haven't used a Mac OS since IIse; haven't felt the need to since Windows has always provided for me.

If you are having particular problems, post them here and maybe someone will look past your ranting and decide to
help :-)

In most respects, Windows 7 works perfectly for me.

The only downsides a

- no 64-bit driver is available for my Epson 1200 scanner so I need to keep an XP machine for this

Actually, that's Epson's fault, not Microsoft's.

- the file-search capabilities of Vista and 7 are CRAP compared with those on XP: they don't consistently find files
with names that contain desired text

Agreed. That's why I use Agent Ransack.

- the Explorer shell has a habit of deciding for me how to display a list of files (whether as a one-line-per-file
list of filenames, as icons and with various different columns depending on what sort of files it finds; I want the
standard filename, last modified date, file size headings for *all* folders)

Not a big deal for me. I kinda like my music folders sorted by track number, picture folders showing large icons, etc.
But that's just me; others have their own likes and dislikes, and that's fine.

- Windows Live Mail has a crap user-interface compared with Outlook Express and Windows Mail

Not a part of Windows 7. It came with no native mail program.

I can live with these, mostly.

Me, too, mostly :-)

I use Firefox rather than IE, so I can't comment on IE9.

I didn't care for Firefox (been quite some time since I tried it, to be honest), so I came back to IE8, then
updated/upgraded to IE9. I didn't like it so much at first, but after a little customization, it's almost the same as
IE8 visually, but is a bit faster than IE8 on my XP desktop (which has a much faster quad core CPU than my laptops
dual
core).

Firefox has one big advantage. It has a *selectable* default folder
for internet downloaded images.

So does IE9 and IE8. Not that hard to do; don't know how easy it is for Firefox.
--
SC Tom

Ads