Old January 18th 05, 10:07 AM
chislepete
external usenet poster

Default Display Goes Black After Win XP logo displays

If Roxio is changing your display settings then it could be setting them to a
resolution or refresh rate that your monitor cannot handle. Do you have
another monitor that you can try?

"Starchild" wrote:

Hope someone can help...I added a DVD burner yesterday(Plextor 716A) and a new DVD Rom(Lite On 16X) everything booted fine the drivers were loaded by XP automatically, there were NO icons indicating a problem in Device Manager for this new hardware...however....after installing Roxio Media Creator 7 that came w/the Plextor drive, when XP booted up,the XP logo flashed then the screen went black...no cursor indicating XP was loading....I ended up having to reboot and revert to a good system restore point. I then got XP to boot, I uninstalled all the Roxio software, and rebooted...which went well. Then I reinstalled the Roxio software, everything seemed to be working well, except the Roxio software needed to have my display settings changed to run-I ran my machine fine lastnight. Then, today I booted up, and the same thing happened....saw the XP logo, but XP would not load. Had to revert back to a known good configuration, then XP would boot and load OK...I have uninstalled all

Roxio software, as this problem started even before I installed my PlexTools for the DVD burner. WHY is this happening...and has anyone had a similar problem with the display going black, and XP not loading? I have checked Device Manager, and there are no conflicts...any help will be appreciated!!..
Ads