View Single Post
Old September 20th 14, 05:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
DJW
external usenet poster

Default old gateway running xp pro need directions how to use restore cds

On Friday, September 19, 2014 9:27:16 AM UTC-6, DJW wrote:
I have a gateway e4100 desktop tower I need to restore it back to the first time I used it. I took made the three restore CDs and the one driver CD. How do I use them? Are there online directions how to use them? I was going back to a restore point on this computer running windows XP Pro when the power went out. Now it will not go to any restore points with out an error and the computer is not acting right. That is why I want to redo the system..

when I made them the OS was calling them restore I thought if in at start up or after they mounted I could auto or manually start a recover process. Gateway I guess is now owned by acer and no help so far with tech support or can i find pages on the net where a step by step is laid out. I tried system restore and system recovery in controls panels and it either does nothing or errors not sure if the partition where windows put restore parts was not screwed up also when the power went out during a system back to restore point i was trying to do.
Ads