A Windows XP help forum. PCbanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PCbanter forum » Microsoft Windows XP » General XP issues or comments
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Not able to remove spy wallpaper



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old October 22nd 05, 11:22 PM
Tom Jones
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Not able to remove spy wallpaper

Why don't you tell the op how to fix his system without downloading a
program. The program I told him to get can ONLY be download from me because
I wrote it. You have a lot to learn about spyware, what it does and how to
remove it. It is obvious to me that you know NOTHING!. I have a right to be
arrogant when people like you attack my character and accuse me of illegally
hosting files and stealing others work. If I was stealing work and illegally
hosting files then the Author of those files would make me stop. The fact
of the matter is You think I am pcbutts1, your ignorance thinks that that is
my real name so when you report me you tell them that pcbutts1 is doing this
illegally. Their initial reaction is to deny that I have permission. When
they contact me and I identify myself then everything is ok. Why the hell do
you think I am still doing it. Do you think people like Lavasoft, PepiMK,
Ewido, Steve Gould, Steve Gibson, Sysinternals, Ipswitch, Cederick,
Symantec, Watchnet, Network Solutions, and the 20 or so other vendors,
authors, and manufactures I do business with are Idiots? Let me see you
hosts somebody's files and watch how fast it gets snatched. They don't play
around. Your problem is you are ****ed because you can't stop me and you
can't prove anything because I have done nothing wrong.

Are far as my name changing, it was done at the request of MS to avoid flame
wars in their NG by people like you and to not embarrass those MVP's
including Mr. Eddy because of their bias in this situation and my name
changes only in the MS NG.

Now get lost.




"Nepatsfan" wrote in message
. ..
Thanks for confirming that my initial impression of you
was correct. You only participate in these newsgroups to boost
your fragile ego. Who are you kidding! You're not here to help
people. If you were, you wouldn't be directing people to
download programs from your personal web site. Let's consider
why these people are asking for assistance. The vast majority
of the questions you respond to are posted by people who
somehow downloaded and installed a piece of spyware. They
blindly trusted that the application was benign. So what do you
do? You tell them to do the exact same thing, download an
unknown application from an unknown web site. Instead of
educating them on how to protect themselves from internet
pests, you simply reinforce the behavior that got them in
trouble in the first place.

As for directing people to the developer's web site, I don't
know how long you've been in this country but in the USA
there's such a thing as respecting the rights that other people
have to their property, both real and intellectual. I know if
it was my work you were stealing, the ISP hosting your web site
would be hearing from my lawyer.

This statement of yours says it all, "I give answers. My
answers have never been wrong". That's priceless! No one who
participates in these newsgroups would make that statement if
they weren't dangerously arrogant. Do you know what the worst
flaw of a truly arrogant individual is? Nothing is ever their
fault. It's always someone else who messed up. They can never
admit they made a mistake. It's that flaw that makes them a
poor source of advice. When their suggested course of action
goes awry, they walk away from the chaos they've helped create
and blame it on the person who asked for their assistance.

You might want to take some of your own advice. Grow up! Start
acting like a responsible adult and you'll be treated like one.

Nepatsfan

Tom Jones wrote:
Helping is the key word here. I help them fix their problems
with valid working verified direct solutions that work. You
can't dispute that, nobody can because my answers are
correct. Since my answers can't be disputed you lamers have
to attack the way I give my answers. Do you really think the
person with the problems care about whether he clicks thru a
manufactures site just to download a free program?.They want
the problem fixed which is why they came here in the first
place. They want answers. They do not ant to be shoved off
to another forum or website, have to register, retype their
issue, then wait again for another answer, in the mean time
they still have a problem. When you send them to a link and
say try this, this may help, those are guesses and there is
nothing wrong with that because there is an attempt to fix
the problem. Sending them to another group to ask again is
not helping. I give answers. My answers have never been
wrong. You ,Leythos, David, Max, and now Nepatsfan have
nothing better to do but attack me. I changed my name to
stay away from people like you and this group has been
better off because of it. I have made well over 25 posts to
this group alone this week and because you did not know who
was me everything was ok. Why is it such a big deal to you
where I work? Is it because there is nobody to complain too?
are you afraid someone going to be knocking at your door?.
Thank you for reading my headers, you pointed out a mistake
in my host name so I changed it. All of you are acting like
little jealous kids and you need to grow up. You have
already admitted that you can't stop me so why do you insist
on wasting you time trying. Don't hate the player hate the
game.




"Michael Stevens" wrote in message
...
In ,
Nepatsfan replied with a ;-)
It's not a matter of "because you don't like the guy".
It's a matter of "I don't trust the guy". Anyone who has
to post under different names raises my suspicions. For
instance, do these look familiar?

NNTP-Posting-Host: cbuttsmac.jpl.nasa.gov 128.149.220.108

NNTP-Posting-Host: macosxpcb.jpl.nasa.gov 128.149.220.108

The first is from a message posted to this newsgroup on
10/16 by "mem", one of the known aliases used by pcbutts1.
The second is from your message. What a shock! What
happened? Did Microsoft and your ISP conspire against you
so that you can't post from home as pcbutts1? Is that why
you're now posting as "Ali Akbar"? For a self-proclaimed
"security expert", you don't do a very good job of hiding
your tracks. The problem I have with you is that you
participate in
these newsgroups for all the wrong reasons. You're not
here to help people. You're not here to share your
knowledge for the benefit of others. You're here to pump
up your fragile ego. You try to leave people with the
impression that you, and only you, know all the answers.
Instead of setting up a web site with a tutorial that
includes links to the site of the developer's who actually
wrote the programs you recommend, you try to leave
unsuspecting users with the impression that those are your
programs. If your advice consisted of links to the
developer's web site along with legitimate sites to post
HijackThis logs, you wouldn't find yourself being treated
like a pariah. These newsgroups are communities where
people can share
information and ideas. Like all communities, there are
rules, both written and unwritten, that are meant to
maintain some sense of order. They're not your personal
forums. As soon as you start following those guidelines,
you'll stop hearing from people who object to your
behavior. Until that time, you're going to have to learn
to live with, as you put it, being "stalked" and
"persecuted". Nepatsfan

Well put Nepatsfan,
Consider this the equivalent of neighborhood watch. None of
us really have the power to physically do anything about
pcButts and his many personas, but we can make the
unsuspecting poster aware of his agenda and level the
playing field. There is something inherently suspicious
about someone that
is not willing to play by the rules, especially internet
and newsgroup rules that are probably the most lenient of
all restrictions you will ever encounter, which also makes
the online community so venerable to the likes of pcButts..
We have to self medicate when a disease like pcbutts is
detected and protect the unknowing public of the potential
danger. --
Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com
For a better newsgroup experience. Setup a newsreader.
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm




Tom Jones wrote:
The post by Ali Akbar was direct, precise and to the point
on how to fix the problem and it works. Not
guesses, and your reply certainly does not fix the issue.
If you don't know the answer then don't reply. All you
are doing is throwing accusations around that cannot be
proven because you don't like the guy. This helps no one.
Prove that those files are bad and then maybe I will
believe you. "Nepatsfan" wrote in
message
...
Nick wrote:
Hi,

My computer was infected with spyware, I already use
microsoft anti-spyware and ad-adware. But still not
able to remove the problem with my wallpaper as well as
my homepage. when I tried to change the wallpaper on my
desktop, it didn't even give me that option. I cannot
click on anything to change it. Please help. thank
you. nick

Nick,

I'm posting this reply for your benefit as well as anyone
else who may read it.

Never, ever download a program or file from a link that
starts with an IP address. If the URL doesn't include the
entire domain name, somebody may be trying to hide
something. Whenever you're advised to download anything
in these
forums, make sure that you're directed to a trusted
source or the developer's web site. The link that Malke
gave you does exactly that. Her site includes links to
web sites where you can download legitimate versions of
the latest release of those programs. Downloading and
running a program from an anonymous source could make a
bad situation worse than it already is. The links that
have been posted by "Ali Akbar" direct you to
the web site of someone who previously posted under the
name pcbutts1. Pcbutts1 is an arrogant, delusional fraud
who is a well known menace in these newsgroups. Anything
associated with him or his personal web site should be
viewed as being highly suspect.

Good luck

Nepatsfan














Ads
  #17  
Old October 23rd 05, 12:03 AM
Tom Jones
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default PCBUTTS Alert: Not able to remove spy wallpaper

I see you are still in denial. That is so sad.





"Leythos" wrote in message
...
In article ,
says...
Subject: Not able to remove spy wallpaper
From: Tom Jones
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

Why don't you tell the op how to fix his system without downloading a
program. The program I told him to get can ONLY be download from me
because
I wrote it. You have a lot to learn about spyware, what it does and how
to
remove it. It is obvious to me that you know NOTHING!. I have a right to
be
arrogant when people like you attack my character and accuse me of
illegally
hosting files and stealing others work. If I was stealing work and
illegally
hosting files then the Author of those files would make me stop.


And it appears from what we've seen that vendors are asking you to stop,
and that some have even posted here asking it. For most of them, going
after some KID/JA doing this is not worth their time or expense as
you're about as small-potatoes as it gets. If they see that you are
gaining more downloads and such, that you become a real PITA, they will
go to your hosting company - which has clear rules about hosting files.

The fact
of the matter is You think I am pcbutts1, your ignorance thinks that that
is
my real name so when you report me you tell them that pcbutts1 is doing
this
illegally. Their initial reaction is to deny that I have permission. When
they contact me and I identify myself then everything is ok. Why the hell
do
you think I am still doing it. Do you think people like Lavasoft, PepiMK,
Ewido, Steve Gould, Steve Gibson, Sysinternals, Ipswitch, Cederick,
Symantec, Watchnet, Network Solutions, and the 20 or so other vendors,
authors, and manufactures I do business with are Idiots?


As for you hosting files, it doesn't matter what NAME you post under,
the vendors go by your hosting company/address where you host them -
they don't care what name you use.

How come you can't explain why they still say you have no permission to
host those files?

Let me see you
hosts somebody's files and watch how fast it gets snatched. They don't
play
around.


Wrong, most of us, that do host files, properly posts links to a web-
page showing the VENDORS links or a web-page that is a properly
identified MIRROR for the vendor. Your site is not a link or mirror for
anyone - and you don't show up on their sites as a mirror either.

Your problem is you are ****ed because you can't stop me and you
can't prove anything because I have done nothing wrong.


The nice thing is that we don't have to STOP you, all we have to do is
point out how unethical your actions are, and that you violate security
norms by asking people to download files without any proof they are the
real files.

Are far as my name changing, it was done at the request of MS to avoid
flame
wars in their NG by people like you and to not embarrass those MVP's
including Mr. Eddy because of their bias in this situation and my name
changes only in the MS NG.


No moderator/admin at MS asked you to change your name - they did start
killing your posts under the PCBUTTS1 nickname. You can't post to the MS
groups under the PCBUTTS1 name because they will delete it - maybe you
should ask why the rest of us can when you are not able - consider your
actions and what they earned you.


--


remove 999 in order to email me



  #18  
Old October 23rd 05, 02:01 AM
Nepatsfan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Not able to remove spy wallpaper

Did you ask this guy before you stole his program?

Dave's World
http://www.noahdfear.geekstogo.com/

Smitrem.exe
http://noahdfear.geekstogo.com/click...click.php?id=1

It's amazing how similar his program is to the one you say you
wrote.

In case you're not familiar with the term, that's plagiarism. I
can think of only a few things in this world that are worse
than being a plagiarist. And please don't tell me you're Dave.
This split personality thing you've got working is starting to
get out of hand.

Or how about Microsoft. Did you ask them for permission to
include taskkill.exe as part of your smithrem.zip folder?
Taskkill.exe is only included with the XP Professional Support
Tools. There's no way you got permission to provide a Microsoft
product through your web site.

Nepatsfan

Tom Jones wrote:
Why don't you tell the op how to fix his system without
downloading a program. The program I told him to get can
ONLY be download from me because I wrote it. You have a lot
to learn about spyware, what it does and how to remove it.
It is obvious to me that you know NOTHING!. I have a right
to be arrogant when people like you attack my character and
accuse me of illegally hosting files and stealing others
work. If I was stealing work and illegally hosting files
then the Author of those files would make me stop. The fact
of the matter is You think I am pcbutts1, your ignorance
thinks that that is my real name so when you report me you
tell them that pcbutts1 is doing this illegally. Their
initial reaction is to deny that I have permission. When
they contact me and I identify myself then everything is ok.
Why the hell do you think I am still doing it. Do you think
people like Lavasoft, PepiMK, Ewido, Steve Gould, Steve
Gibson, Sysinternals, Ipswitch, Cederick, Symantec,
Watchnet, Network Solutions, and the 20 or so other vendors,
authors, and manufactures I do business with are Idiots? Let
me see you hosts somebody's files and watch how fast it gets
snatched. They don't play around. Your problem is you are
****ed because you can't stop me and you can't prove
anything because I have done nothing wrong.
Are far as my name changing, it was done at the request of
MS to avoid flame wars in their NG by people like you and to
not embarrass those MVP's including Mr. Eddy because of
their bias in this situation and my name changes only in the
MS NG.
Now get lost.




"Nepatsfan" wrote in message
. ..
Thanks for confirming that my initial impression of you
was correct. You only participate in these newsgroups to
boost your fragile ego. Who are you kidding! You're not
here to help people. If you were, you wouldn't be directing
people to download programs from your personal web site.
Let's consider why these people are asking for assistance.
The vast majority of the questions you respond to are
posted by people who somehow downloaded and installed a
piece of spyware. They blindly trusted that the application
was benign. So what do you do? You tell them to do the
exact same thing, download an unknown application from an
unknown web site. Instead of educating them on how to
protect themselves from internet pests, you simply
reinforce the behavior that got them in trouble in the
first place. As for directing people to the developer's web
site, I don't
know how long you've been in this country but in the USA
there's such a thing as respecting the rights that other
people have to their property, both real and intellectual.
I know if it was my work you were stealing, the ISP hosting
your web site would be hearing from my lawyer.

This statement of yours says it all, "I give answers. My
answers have never been wrong". That's priceless! No one who
participates in these newsgroups would make that statement
if they weren't dangerously arrogant. Do you know what the
worst flaw of a truly arrogant individual is? Nothing is
ever their fault. It's always someone else who messed up.
They can never admit they made a mistake. It's that flaw
that makes them a poor source of advice. When their
suggested course of action goes awry, they walk away from
the chaos they've helped create and blame it on the person
who asked for their assistance. You might want to take some
of your own advice. Grow up!
Start acting like a responsible adult and you'll be treated
like one. Nepatsfan

Tom Jones wrote:
Helping is the key word here. I help them fix their
problems with valid working verified direct solutions that
work. You can't dispute that, nobody can because my
answers are correct. Since my answers can't be disputed
you lamers have to attack the way I give my answers. Do
you really think the person with the problems care about
whether he clicks thru a manufactures site just to
download a free program?.They want the problem fixed which
is why they came here in the first place. They want
answers. They do not ant to be shoved off to another forum
or website, have to register, retype their issue, then
wait again for another answer, in the mean time they still
have a problem. When you send them to a link and say try
this, this may help, those are guesses and there is
nothing wrong with that because there is an attempt to fix
the problem. Sending them to another group to ask again is
not helping. I give answers. My answers have never been
wrong. You ,Leythos, David, Max, and now Nepatsfan have
nothing better to do but attack me. I changed my name to
stay away from people like you and this group has been
better off because of it. I have made well over 25 posts
to this group alone this week and because you did not know
who was me everything was ok. Why is it such a big deal to
you where I work? Is it because there is nobody to
complain too? are you afraid someone going to be knocking
at your door?. Thank you for reading my headers, you
pointed out a mistake in my host name so I changed it. All
of you are acting like little jealous kids and you need to
grow up. You have already admitted that you can't stop me
so why do you insist on wasting you time trying. Don't
hate the player hate the game. "Michael Stevens"
wrote in message
...
In ,
Nepatsfan replied with a ;-)
It's not a matter of "because you don't like the guy".
It's a matter of "I don't trust the guy". Anyone who has
to post under different names raises my suspicions. For
instance, do these look familiar?

NNTP-Posting-Host: cbuttsmac.jpl.nasa.gov 128.149.220.108

NNTP-Posting-Host: macosxpcb.jpl.nasa.gov 128.149.220.108

The first is from a message posted to this newsgroup on
10/16 by "mem", one of the known aliases used by
pcbutts1. The second is from your message. What a shock!
What happened? Did Microsoft and your ISP conspire
against you so that you can't post from home as
pcbutts1? Is that why you're now posting as "Ali Akbar"?
For a self-proclaimed "security expert", you don't do a
very good job of hiding your tracks. The problem I have
with you is that you participate in
these newsgroups for all the wrong reasons. You're not
here to help people. You're not here to share your
knowledge for the benefit of others. You're here to pump
up your fragile ego. You try to leave people with the
impression that you, and only you, know all the answers.
Instead of setting up a web site with a tutorial that
includes links to the site of the developer's who
actually wrote the programs you recommend, you try to
leave unsuspecting users with the impression that those
are your programs. If your advice consisted of links to
the developer's web site along with legitimate sites to
post HijackThis logs, you wouldn't find yourself being
treated like a pariah. These newsgroups are communities
where people can share
information and ideas. Like all communities, there are
rules, both written and unwritten, that are meant to
maintain some sense of order. They're not your personal
forums. As soon as you start following those guidelines,
you'll stop hearing from people who object to your
behavior. Until that time, you're going to have to learn
to live with, as you put it, being "stalked" and
"persecuted". Nepatsfan

Well put Nepatsfan,
Consider this the equivalent of neighborhood watch. None
of us really have the power to physically do anything
about pcButts and his many personas, but we can make the
unsuspecting poster aware of his agenda and level the
playing field. There is something inherently suspicious
about someone that
is not willing to play by the rules, especially internet
and newsgroup rules that are probably the most lenient of
all restrictions you will ever encounter, which also makes
the online community so venerable to the likes of
pcButts.. We have to self medicate when a disease like
pcbutts is detected and protect the unknowing public of
the potential danger. --
Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com
For a better newsgroup experience. Setup a newsreader.
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm




Tom Jones wrote:
The post by Ali Akbar was direct, precise and to the
point on how to fix the problem and it works. Not
guesses, and your reply certainly does not fix the
issue. If you don't know the answer then don't reply.
All you are doing is throwing accusations around that
cannot be proven because you don't like the guy. This
helps no one. Prove that those files are bad and then
maybe I will believe you. "Nepatsfan"
wrote in message
...
Nick wrote:
Hi,

My computer was infected with spyware, I already use
microsoft anti-spyware and ad-adware. But still not
able to remove the problem with my wallpaper as well
as my homepage. when I tried to change the wallpaper
on my desktop, it didn't even give me that option. I
cannot click on anything to change it. Please help.
thank you. nick

Nick,

I'm posting this reply for your benefit as well as
anyone else who may read it.

Never, ever download a program or file from a link that
starts with an IP address. If the URL doesn't include
the entire domain name, somebody may be trying to hide
something. Whenever you're advised to download anything
in these
forums, make sure that you're directed to a trusted
source or the developer's web site. The link that Malke
gave you does exactly that. Her site includes links to
web sites where you can download legitimate versions of
the latest release of those programs. Downloading and
running a program from an anonymous source could make a
bad situation worse than it already is. The links that
have been posted by "Ali Akbar" direct you to
the web site of someone who previously posted under the
name pcbutts1. Pcbutts1 is an arrogant, delusional
fraud who is a well known menace in these newsgroups.
Anything associated with him or his personal web site
should be viewed as being highly suspect.

Good luck

Nepatsfan




  #19  
Old October 24th 05, 04:49 AM
noahdfear noahdfear is offline
Registered User
 
First recorded activity by PCbanter: Oct 2005
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepatsfan
Did you ask this guy before you stole his program?

Dave's World
http://www.noahdfear.geekstogo.com/

Smitrem.exe
http://noahdfear.geekstogo.com/click...click.php?id=1

It's amazing how similar his program is to the one you say you
wrote.

In case you're not familiar with the term, that's plagiarism. I
can think of only a few things in this world that are worse
than being a plagiarist. And please don't tell me you're Dave.
This split personality thing you've got working is starting to
get out of hand.

Or how about Microsoft. Did you ask them for permission to
include taskkill.exe as part of your smithrem.zip folder?
Taskkill.exe is only included with the XP Professional Support
Tools. There's no way you got permission to provide a Microsoft
product through your web site.

Nepatsfan

Tom Jones wrote:[color=blue]
Why don't you tell the op how to fix his system without
downloading a program. The program I told him to get can
ONLY be download from me because I wrote it. You have a lot
to learn about spyware, what it does and how to remove it.
It is obvious to me that you know NOTHING!. I have a right
to be arrogant when people like you attack my character and
accuse me of illegally hosting files and stealing others
work. If I was stealing work and illegally hosting files
then the Author of those files would make me stop.
Tom Jones, pcbutts1, Ali Akbar, whatever you choose to call yourself,

You did not write the smitRem (or smithrem as you have renamed it), I did. I see you have updated it to the latest version however, which is 2.7 and uses swreg.exe and process.exe instead of the MS files reg.exe and taskkill.exe........problem is, you're such an idiot that you failed to replace my name with yours everywhere it appears in the tool. I'd bet you don't even know where swreg comes from..........or why it's required.

Please remove my tool from your site, and refrain from stealing other people's work in the future. You should also stop illegally hosting known trusted applications, such as Spybot and Ad-aware, without their consent. It's all just very unethical and will gain you nothing but a reputation for the same.
  #20  
Old October 26th 05, 01:29 AM
flrman1 flrman1 is offline
Registered User
 
First recorded activity by PCbanter: Oct 2005
Posts: 1
Default

I'm just backing up noahdfear here. I have personally witnessed the development of the smitrem tool and even participated in it's development somewhat indirectly. I do know for a fact that he is the author and you are not Tom Jones, pcbutts1 or whoever the heck you are.

I can guarantee you that this little charade of yours is going to get a lot of attention now and the appropriate actions will be taken. Your days are numbered!
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahdfear
Tom Jones, pcbutts1, Ali Akbar, whatever you choose to call yourself,

You did not write the smitRem (or smithrem as you have renamed it), I did. I see you have updated it to the latest version however, which is 2.7 and uses swreg.exe and process.exe instead of the MS files reg.exe and taskkill.exe........problem is, you're such an idiot that you failed to replace my name with yours everywhere it appears in the tool. I'd bet you don't even know where swreg comes from..........or why it's required.

Please remove my tool from your site, and refrain from stealing other people's work in the future. You should also stop illegally hosting known trusted applications, such as Spybot and Ad-aware, without their consent. It's all just very unethical and will gain you nothing but a reputation for the same.
  #21  
Old October 26th 05, 01:43 AM
racooper racooper is offline
Registered User
 
First recorded activity by PCbanter: Oct 2005
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahdfear
Tom Jones, pcbutts1, Ali Akbar, whatever you choose to call yourself,

You did not write the smitRem (or smithrem as you have renamed it), I did. I see you have updated it to the latest version however, which is 2.7 and uses swreg.exe and process.exe instead of the MS files reg.exe and taskkill.exe........problem is, you're such an idiot that you failed to replace my name with yours everywhere it appears in the tool. I'd bet you don't even know where swreg comes from..........or why it's required.

Please remove my tool from your site, and refrain from stealing other people's work in the future. You should also stop illegally hosting known trusted applications, such as Spybot and Ad-aware, without their consent. It's all just very unethical and will gain you nothing but a reputation for the same.
I also have to insist that you remove nailfix.exe from your download site. Neither I, nor Swandog46, nor Miekemoes have authorized you to host this file. Considering the number of unauthorized files you are hosting, I will be contacting your ISP and hosting provider to have your site suspended until the unauthorized files are removed. I am aware that Lavasoft, Microsoft and other publishers/authors of the unauthorized downloads you are hosting are being contacted, and several of those are in a position to pursue legal action as well.
  #22  
Old October 26th 05, 01:53 AM
miekiemoes miekiemoes is offline
Registered User
 
First recorded activity by PCbanter: Oct 2005
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Jones
The program I told him to get can
ONLY be download from me because I wrote it.
If YOU wrote the program.. How does it come I don't know you? And why is my name in it then??
I hope you'll learn your lesson very soon!!!!
  #23  
Old October 26th 05, 01:55 AM
Kat Kat is offline
Registered User
 
First recorded activity by PCbanter: Oct 2005
Posts: 1
Default

As an Administrator for GeeksToGo.com, I can personally vouch for noahdfears' credibility. Not only is he a fellow Staff member, he is also a close personal friend. I have personally witnessed the creation of this tool, as well as all subsequent updates and revisions. I even sat on the phone talking to Dave not long ago as he worked on this last update.
It is pathetic and sad that you continue to try and claim this work as your own. After visiting your site, I recognized more than 20 programs/tools that you do NOT own, did NOT write, and I guarantee do NOT have authorization to be offering for download.
Count me in as another person contacting the proper authorities tomorrow, both online ones, and ones in your hometown.

Kat
GeeksToGo.com Admin Team


Quote:
Originally Posted by noahdfear
Tom Jones, pcbutts1, Ali Akbar, whatever you choose to call yourself,

You did not write the smitRem (or smithrem as you have renamed it), I did. I see you have updated it to the latest version however, which is 2.7 and uses swreg.exe and process.exe instead of the MS files reg.exe and taskkill.exe........problem is, you're such an idiot that you failed to replace my name with yours everywhere it appears in the tool. I'd bet you don't even know where swreg comes from..........or why it's required.

Please remove my tool from your site, and refrain from stealing other people's work in the future. You should also stop illegally hosting known trusted applications, such as Spybot and Ad-aware, without their consent. It's all just very unethical and will gain you nothing but a reputation for the same.
  #24  
Old October 26th 05, 02:11 AM
John_L John_L is offline
Registered User
 
First recorded activity by PCbanter: Oct 2005
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat
As an Administrator for GeeksToGo.com, I can personally vouch for noahdfears' credibility. Not only is he a fellow Staff member, he is also a close personal friend. I have personally witnessed the creation of this tool, as well as all subsequent updates and revisions. I even sat on the phone talking to Dave not long ago as he worked on this last update.
It is pathetic and sad that you continue to try and claim this work as your own. After visiting your site, I recognized more than 20 programs/tools that you do NOT own, did NOT write, and I guarantee do NOT have authorization to be offering for download.
Count me in as another person contacting the proper authorities tomorrow, both online ones, and ones in your hometown.

Kat
GeeksToGo.com Admin Team
1234567899
  #25  
Old October 26th 05, 02:12 AM
John_L John_L is offline
Registered User
 
First recorded activity by PCbanter: Oct 2005
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_L
1234567899

Ok now i have that sorted out.

Dude whomever you may be, you have just stepped in a world of ****, good luck getting out of this one with you asshole intact.
  #26  
Old October 26th 05, 02:12 AM
P3-450 P3-450 is offline
Registered User
 
First recorded activity by PCbanter: Oct 2005
Posts: 1
Default

What a complete utter idiot you really are

You think you can get away with claiming this to be your work when it's clearly not?

What's wrong, are you jealous of noahdfear's hard work so you have to STEAL it?

Just give it up, we out number you big time.

As said above the proper authorities will be contacted.
  #27  
Old October 26th 05, 02:13 AM
therock247uk therock247uk is offline
Registered User
 
First recorded activity by PCbanter: Oct 2005
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Jones
The program I told him to get can
ONLY be download from me because I wrote it
You did not make the program I hope you get whats coming to you. You sad pathetic losser.
  #28  
Old October 26th 05, 02:28 AM
Skate_Punk_21 Skate_Punk_21 is offline
Registered User
 
First recorded activity by PCbanter: Oct 2005
Posts: 1
Default

Hell hath no fury like the determination of a society YOU ****ed off.
you took a chance, and now i hope you burn!
  #29  
Old October 26th 05, 02:49 AM
rstones12 rstones12 is offline
Registered User
 
First recorded activity by PCbanter: Oct 2005
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Jones
The program I told him to get can
ONLY be download from me because I wrote it
USERS BEWARE

Tom Jones, pcbutts1, Ali Akbar or what ever this lowlifes user name is:

IS A FRAUD A LIAR AND A THIEF....

The proper authorities will be notified and you will not have a pot to **** in.

Clean up that.....
  #30  
Old October 26th 05, 03:21 AM
Efwis Efwis is offline
Registered User
 
First recorded activity by PCbanter: Oct 2005
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahdfear
Tom Jones, pcbutts1, Ali Akbar, whatever you choose to call yourself,

You did not write the smitRem (or smithrem as you have renamed it), I did. I see you have updated it to the latest version however, which is 2.7 and uses swreg.exe and process.exe instead of the MS files reg.exe and taskkill.exe........problem is, you're such an idiot that you failed to replace my name with yours everywhere it appears in the tool. I'd bet you don't even know where swreg comes from..........or why it's required.

Please remove my tool from your site, and refrain from stealing other people's work in the future. You should also stop illegally hosting known trusted applications, such as Spybot and Ad-aware, without their consent. It's all just very unethical and will gain you nothing but a reputation for the same.
You know it's really pathetic when somone has to steal from someone else. I saw all the conception of Nailfix.exe, and smitre, and I know you didn't make them because they were primarily made and tested at Geekstogo.com.

I can also guarantee if I find that you have other fellow malware removal programs that friends of mine made, they will be notified. I think its convenient how you hide the parent list of files you are stealing so no one else can find out what you're doing.

for this I only have one thing to say....ROT IN HELL YOU THEIF.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can't remove in 'Add or Remove Programs' zybbok General XP issues or comments 1 April 10th 05 07:01 AM
"SAFELY REMOVE HARDWARE" HOW TO GET RID OF FOR GOOD mrbigbry General XP issues or comments 1 April 7th 05 04:05 PM
Cannot remove "safely remove hardware" icon by clock mrbigbry General XP issues or comments 2 April 4th 05 10:23 PM
Unable remove an entry oldad General XP issues or comments 2 March 13th 05 02:48 AM
need help to Remove hotfix kb828741 - no remove button! Michael Security and Administration with Windows XP 2 September 2nd 04 12:41 PM






All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2021 PCbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.