A Windows XP help forum. PCbanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PCbanter forum » Windows 10 » Windows 10 Help Forum
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Linux DESTROYS Computer Hardware



 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #16  
Old February 9th 19, 02:53 AM posted to alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
No_Name
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 29
Default Linux DESTROYS Computer Hardware

+1
Ads
  #17  
Old February 9th 19, 08:28 AM posted to alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Diesel
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6
Default Linux DESTROYS Computer Hardware

max
. 198 Fri, 08 Feb
2019 20:19:10 GMT in alt.os.linux, wrote:

Diesel wrote in news:XnsA9F01AB23BF02HT1
@E50Dpuqk8Q.VoMWkrV4HOyPePL4IwP88G2x4:

I'll blame all my personal issues on my decision to use linux on
nearly all of my machines. Thanks! That means, Linux is to
blame for me being such an asshole.. er, no, wait, I was already
an asshole long before I learned about linux... damnit.


linux just brings out what was already there


[g]


--
binary tree n.: see binary tree and binary tree.
  #18  
Old February 9th 19, 06:50 PM posted to alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
David B.[_12_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10
Default Linux DESTROYS Computer Hardware

On 08/02/2019 20:19, max wrote:
Diesel wrote in news:XnsA9F01AB23BF02HT1
@E50Dpuqk8Q.VoMWkrV4HOyPePL4IwP88G2x4:

I'll blame all my personal issues on my decision to use linux on
nearly all of my machines. Thanks! That means, Linux is to blame
for me being such an asshole.. er, no, wait, I was already an asshole
long before I learned about linux... damnit.


linux just brings out what was already there


Many a true word is spoken in jest! ;-)

--
David B.
  #19  
Old February 9th 19, 11:55 PM posted to alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
max
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7
Default Linux DESTROYS Computer Hardware

"David B." "David wrote in newspE7E.110707
:

On 08/02/2019 20:19, max wrote:
Diesel wrote in news:XnsA9F01AB23BF02HT1
@E50Dpuqk8Q.VoMWkrV4HOyPePL4IwP88G2x4:

I'll blame all my personal issues on my decision to use linux on
nearly all of my machines. Thanks! That means, Linux is to blame
for me being such an asshole.. er, no, wait, I was already an asshole
long before I learned about linux... damnit.


linux just brings out what was already there


Many a true word is spoken in jest! ;-)


out, damned spot! out, I say!
go to. go to. you have known what you should not.
macbeth act 5 scene 1
--
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate,
because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he
can understand. -Bertrand Russell
Registered Linux User #393236
  #20  
Old February 11th 19, 11:58 AM posted to alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Daniel60
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 61
Default Linux DESTROYS Computer Hardware

Wolf K wrote on 11/02/2019 4:43 AM:
On 2019-02-09 17:55, max wrote:
"David B." "David wrote in newspE7E.110707
:
On 08/02/2019 20:19, max wrote:
Diesel wrote in news:XnsA9F01AB23BF02HT1
@E50Dpuqk8Q.VoMWkrV4HOyPePL4IwP88G2x4:

I'll blame all my personal issues on my decision to use linux on
nearly all of my machines. Thanks! That means, Linux is to blame
for me being such an asshole.. er, no, wait, I was already an asshole
long before I learned about linux... damnit.

linux just brings out what was already there

Many a true word is spoken in jest! ;-)


out, damned spot! out, I say!
go to. go to. you have known what you should not.
macbeth act 5 scene 1


Why curse the dog? A riddle that no critic has solved to this day!

What dog?? The "Spot" that I've seen recently (on ST:TNG) is a CAT!!

--
Daniel
  #21  
Old February 14th 19, 09:18 PM posted to alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Diesel
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6
Default Linux DESTROYS Computer Hardware

Daniel60
Mon, 11 Feb 2019 10:58:32 GMT in
alt.os.linux, wrote:

Wolf K wrote on 11/02/2019 4:43 AM:
On 2019-02-09 17:55, max wrote:
"David B." "David wrote in
newspE7E.110707 :
On 08/02/2019 20:19, max wrote:
Diesel wrote in news:XnsA9F01AB23BF02HT1
@E50Dpuqk8Q.VoMWkrV4HOyPePL4IwP88G2x4:

I'll blame all my personal issues on my decision to use linux
on nearly all of my machines. Thanks! That means, Linux is
to blame for me being such an asshole.. er, no, wait, I was
already an asshole long before I learned about linux...
damnit.

linux just brings out what was already there

Many a true word is spoken in jest! ;-)

out, damned spot! out, I say!
go to. go to. you have known what you should not.
macbeth act 5 scene 1


Why curse the dog? A riddle that no critic has solved to this
day!

What dog?? The "Spot" that I've seen recently (on ST:TNG) is a
CAT!!


That would be Datas pet cat, yes. Even artificial lifeforms see
the value of a cat.


--
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.
  #22  
Old February 14th 19, 09:46 PM posted to alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Mike Easter
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 767
Default Linux DESTROYS Computer Hardware

Diesel wrote:
Daniel60

What dog?? The "Spot" that I've seen recently (on ST:TNG) is a
CAT!!


That would be Datas pet cat, yes. Even artificial lifeforms see
the value of a cat.


I saw a discussion about where did Data's Spot (episode Data's Day) come
from; where did he get her?

Since it is not recorded in the canons, here's the Soong-source
speculation I liked best:

"Data's Day happens shortly after Data meets Dr. Soong, and it is clear
after he returns to the enterprise that he has brought back some of
Soong's belongings. My theory is that Spot actually belonged to his
father and so he inherited her."
https://scifi.stackexchange.com/ques...-data-get-spot
How did Data get Spot? (also Spot-Data pic)

--
Mike Easter
  #23  
Old February 14th 19, 09:46 PM posted to alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
David B.[_13_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default Linux DESTROYS Computer Hardware

On 09/02/2019 22:55, max wrote:
"David B." "David wrote in newspE7E.110707
:

On 08/02/2019 20:19, max wrote:
Diesel wrote in news:XnsA9F01AB23BF02HT1
@E50Dpuqk8Q.VoMWkrV4HOyPePL4IwP88G2x4:

I'll blame all my personal issues on my decision to use linux on
nearly all of my machines. Thanks! That means, Linux is to blame
for me being such an asshole.. er, no, wait, I was already an asshole
long before I learned about linux... damnit.


linux just brings out what was already there


Many a true word is spoken in jest! ;-)


out, damned spot! out, I say!
go to. go to. you have known what you should not.
macbeth act 5 scene 1



My *GOD* / *DOG*


Are your computing 'Help' pages still available on the Internet, Max?

--
David B.
  #24  
Old February 14th 19, 10:14 PM posted to alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Mike Easter
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 767
Default Linux DESTROYS Computer Hardware

David B. wrote:
Are your computing 'Help' pages still available on the Internet, Max?


You should be able to find that all by yourself. Try Linux User #393236.

--
Mike Easter
  #25  
Old February 15th 19, 03:32 AM posted to alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
max
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7
Default Linux DESTROYS Computer Hardware

Mike Easter wrote in news:gcm414Fh09gU1
@mid.individual.net:

David B. wrote:
Are your computing 'Help' pages still available on the Internet, Max?


You should be able to find that all by yourself. Try Linux User #393236.


if they are still up they would be outdated
--
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate,
because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he
can understand. -Bertrand Russell
Registered Linux User #393236
  #26  
Old February 15th 19, 05:31 AM posted to alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Diesel
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6
Default Linux DESTROYS Computer Hardware

Mike Easter
Thu, 14 Feb 2019 20:46:20 GMT
in alt.os.linux, wrote:

Diesel wrote:
Daniel60

What dog?? The "Spot" that I've seen recently (on ST:TNG) is a
CAT!!


That would be Datas pet cat, yes. Even artificial lifeforms
see the value of a cat.


I saw a discussion about where did Data's Spot (episode Data's
Day) come from; where did he get her?

Since it is not recorded in the canons, here's the Soong-source
speculation I liked best:

"Data's Day happens shortly after Data meets Dr. Soong, and it is
clear after he returns to the enterprise that he has brought back
some of Soong's belongings. My theory is that Spot actually
belonged to his father and so he inherited her."
https://scifi.stackexchange.com/ques...id-data-get-sp
ot How did Data get Spot? (also Spot-Data pic)


That sounds feasable. Inherited or not, it's Data's cat now. Which,
in a very weak way, supports what I wrote initially. -- really trying.




--
'Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?'
  #27  
Old Yesterday, 12:11 PM posted to alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
GMG[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default Linux DESTROYS Computer Hardware

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on February 26, 2019.

Il 08/02/2019 01:31, Linux-Warning Service ha scritto:
I lost hundreds of dollars of computer
hardware before I found out why.


You're alright!
I tried linux and suddenly I have lost
half of my hairs!
  #28  
Old Yesterday, 04:35 PM posted to alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Mr. Man-wai Chang
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,850
Default Linux DESTROYS Computer Hardware

On 2/8/2019 8:31 AM, Linux-Warning Service wrote:
If someone tells you to install Linux, they are your enemy and they want
to ruin your computer. DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM. Whether you have a brand
new computer, or and old clunker, if you want to ever use that computer
again, DO NOT INSTALL LINUX.
....


There are indeed stories about bad display card settings damaging CRT
monitors in the past.

--
@[email protected] Remain silent! Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper!!
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
/( _ )\ May the Force and farces be with you!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
¤£*ɶU! ¤£¶BÄF! ¤£½ä¿ú! ¤£´©¥æ! ¤£¥´¥æ! ¤£¥´§T! ¤£¦Û±þ! ¤£¨D¯«!
½Ð¦Ò¼{ºî´© (CSSA):
http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_...sub_addressesa
  #29  
Old Yesterday, 05:05 PM posted to alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Cybe R. Wizard[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 41
Default Linux DESTROYS Computer Hardware

On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 12:11:40 +0100
GMG wrote:

Il 08/02/2019 01:31, Linux-Warning Service ha scritto:
I lost hundreds of dollars of computer
hardware before I found out why.


You're alright!
I tried linux and suddenly I have lost
half of my hairs!


I tried Linux and have now lost 20 years! I'll probably lose
more.

--
Cybe R. Wizard
Officially deprecated Linux user #126326

  #30  
Old Yesterday, 06:47 PM posted to alt.os.linux,alt.comp.os.windows-10
J.O. Aho
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 105
Default Microsoft windows DESTROYS Computer Hardware

On 2/19/19 4:35 PM, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:

There are indeed stories about bad display card settings damaging CRT
monitors in the past.


There are all these stories too:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=windows+up...atb=v17&ia=web
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off






All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 PCbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.