A Windows XP help forum. PCbanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PCbanter forum » Microsoft Windows XP » General XP issues or comments
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

What are Windows SecurityCenter Error Event ID 1802 and 1806 Messages?

Old November 14th 04, 07:41 PM
Richard A. Landkamer
external usenet poster

Default What are Windows SecurityCenter Error Event ID 1802 and 1806 Messages?

Since upgrading to Windows XP SP2 last August, I see frequent Windows SecurityCenter messages with Error Event IDs 1802 and 1806 in the Windows Applications Event Viewer. When I attempt to look up these error messages at the Microsoft Windows XP Help and Support Center, I get the following useless information for both of these messages:

"Details
ID: 1802
Source: SecurityCenter

"We're sorry
"There is no additional information about this issue in the Error and Event Log Messages or Knowledge Base databases at this time. You can use the links in the Support area to determine whether any additional information might be available elsewhere.

"Thank you for searching on this message; your search helps us identify those areas for which we need to provide more information.

"Currently there are no Microsoft Knowledge Base articles available for this specific error or event message...."

Does anyone know what these security error messages mean? How can I get rid of them? These error messages appear intermittently in the Windows XP Application Event Viewer, and always appear after I reboot my computer.

They appear to be Microsoft messages. However, I am also running Zone Alarm Pro v5.5.062.000 and McAfee Virus Scan v8.0.41 if this might be relevant. Also, I am using the McAfee Security Center. Could it be that these error messages are not Microsoft error messages, but are instead being issued by one of these other products?

Richard A. Landkamer
Ads
Old November 15th 04, 01:05 AM
PA Bear
external usenet poster

Have you configured McAfee Security Center to be the default in lieu of
Windows Security Center?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)
"Richard A. Landkamer" wrote in message

Since upgrading to Windows XP SP2 last August, I see frequent Windows
SecurityCenter messages with Error Event IDs 1802 and 1806 in the Windows
Applications Event Viewer. When I attempt to look up these error messages
at the Microsoft Windows XP Help and Support Center, I get the following
useless information for both of these messages:

"Details

"We're sorry
"There is no additional information about this issue in the
Error and Event Log Messages or Knowledge Base databases at this time. You
can use the links in the Support area to determine whether any additional
information might be available elsewhere.

"Thank you for searching on this message; your search helps us
identify those areas for which we need to provide more information.

"Currently there are no Microsoft Knowledge Base articles
available for this specific error or event message...."

Does anyone know what these security error messages mean? How can I get
rid of them? These error messages appear intermittently in the Windows XP
Application Event Viewer, and always appear after I reboot my computer.

They appear to be Microsoft messages. However, I am also running Zone
Alarm Pro v5.5.062.000 and McAfee Virus Scan v8.0.41 if this might be
relevant. Also, I am using the McAfee Security Center. Could it be that
these error messages are not Microsoft error messages, but are instead being
issued by one of these other products?

Richard A. Landkamer

Old November 15th 04, 05:31 AM
Richard A. Landkamer
external usenet poster

Yes I did. Is this why I am seeing these error messages? Are they being issued by McAfee?

Richard A. Landkamer

"PA Bear" wrote in message ...
Have you configured McAfee Security Center to be the default in lieu of Windows Security Center?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)
"Richard A. Landkamer" wrote in message ...

Since upgrading to Windows XP SP2 last August, I see frequent Windows SecurityCenter messages with Error Event IDs 1802 and 1806 in the Windows Applications Event Viewer. When I attempt to look up these error messages at the Microsoft Windows XP Help and Support Center, I get the following useless information for both of these messages:

"Details

"We're sorry
"There is no additional information about this issue in the Error and Event Log Messages or Knowledge Base databases at this time. You can use the links in the Support area to determine whether any additional information might be available elsewhere.

"Thank you for searching on this message; your search helps us identify those areas for which we need to provide more information.

"Currently there are no Microsoft Knowledge Base articles available for this specific error or event message...."

Does anyone know what these security error messages mean? How can I get rid of them? These error messages appear intermittently in the Windows XP Application Event Viewer, and always appear after I reboot my computer.

They appear to be Microsoft messages. However, I am also running Zone Alarm Pro v5.5.062.000 and McAfee Virus Scan v8.0.41 if this might be relevant. Also, I am using the McAfee Security Center. Could it be that these error messages are not Microsoft error messages, but are instead being issued by one of these other products?

Richard A. Landkamer
Old November 15th 04, 10:45 PM
PA Bear
external usenet poster

I think the error is being caused by McAfee.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)

Yes I did. Is this why I am seeing these error messages? Are they being issued by McAfee?

Richard A. Landkamer

"PA Bear" wrote in message ...
Have you configured McAfee Security Center to be the default in lieu of Windows Security Center?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)

"Details

"We're sorry

Richard A. Landkamer