A Windows XP help forum. PCbanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PCbanter forum » Microsoft Windows XP » Performance and Maintainance of XP
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Win XP SP3 Clean Install Questions

Old August 22nd 11, 09:53 PM

First recorded activity by PCbanter: May 2005
Default Win XP SP3 Clean Install Questions

Situation:
I have a Sony VGC-830G that came with Window XP3 OEM preinstalled. (IOW about 6 years old). I have 2 hdd's (150gb each) set up as RAID 0 with four different partition D (media), E (images created by Paragon), F (Games), G (various programs). There's a hidden partition somewhere containing the system restoration stuff. I have Win XP cd with SP3 integrated that I would like to clean install instead of using the restoration cd's that I have created when I bought the pc.

Questions:
1. If I clean install Win XP, will it only affect the drive where I installed it in (C)?
2. Will I still be able to access the other partitions if I reinstall partition magic and paragon drive backup programs?
3. Will I be able reuse the original restoration cd's to go back to the bloated OEM system that came with the pc?

I sincerely appreciate any feedback and help that you may provide me.
Ads
Old August 23rd 11, 09:50 PM

First recorded activity by PCbanter: May 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezzzz View Post
Situation:
I have a Sony VGC-830G that came with Window XP3 OEM preinstalled. (IOW about 6 years old). I have 2 hdd's (150gb each) set up as RAID 0 with four different partition D (media), E (images created by Paragon), F (Games), G (various programs). There's a hidden partition somewhere containing the system restoration stuff. I have Win XP cd with SP3 integrated that I would like to clean install instead of using the restoration cd's that I have created when I bought the pc.

Questions:
1. If I clean install Win XP, will it only affect the drive where I installed it in (C)?
2. Will I still be able to access the other partitions if I reinstall partition magic and paragon drive backup programs?
3. Will I be able reuse the original restoration cd's to go back to the bloated OEM system that came with the pc?

I sincerely appreciate any feedback and help that you may provide me.

Anyone at all?