A Windows XP help forum. PCbanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PCbanter forum » Microsoft Windows XP » Hardware and Windows XP
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Display Goes Black After Win XP logo displays

Old January 16th 05, 09:55 PM
Starchild
external usenet poster

Default Display Goes Black After Win XP logo displays

Hope someone can help...I added a DVD burner yesterday(Plextor 716A) and a new DVD Rom(Lite On 16X) everything booted fine the drivers were loaded by XP automatically, there were NO icons indicating a problem in Device Manager for this new hardware...however....after installing Roxio Media Creator 7 that came w/the Plextor drive, when XP booted up,the XP logo flashed then the screen went black...no cursor indicating XP was loading....I ended up having to reboot and revert to a good system restore point. I then got XP to boot, I uninstalled all the Roxio software, and rebooted...which went well. Then I reinstalled the Roxio software, everything seemed to be working well, except the Roxio software needed to have my display settings changed to run-I ran my machine fine lastnight. Then, today I booted up, and the same thing happened....saw the XP logo, but XP would not load. Had to revert back to a known good configuration, then XP would boot and load OK...I have uninstalled all Roxio software, as this problem started even before I installed my PlexTools for the DVD burner. WHY is this happening...and has anyone had a similar problem with the display going black, and XP not loading? I have checked Device Manager, and there are no conflicts...any help will be appreciated!!...Starchild
Ads
Old January 18th 05, 11:07 AM
chislepete
external usenet poster

Default Display Goes Black After Win XP logo displays

If Roxio is changing your display settings then it could be setting them to a
resolution or refresh rate that your monitor cannot handle. Do you have
another monitor that you can try?

"Starchild" wrote:

Hope someone can help...I added a DVD burner yesterday(Plextor 716A) and a new DVD Rom(Lite On 16X) everything booted fine the drivers were loaded by XP automatically, there were NO icons indicating a problem in Device Manager for this new hardware...however....after installing Roxio Media Creator 7 that came w/the Plextor drive, when XP booted up,the XP logo flashed then the screen went black...no cursor indicating XP was loading....I ended up having to reboot and revert to a good system restore point. I then got XP to boot, I uninstalled all the Roxio software, and rebooted...which went well. Then I reinstalled the Roxio software, everything seemed to be working well, except the Roxio software needed to have my display settings changed to run-I ran my machine fine lastnight. Then, today I booted up, and the same thing happened....saw the XP logo, but XP would not load. Had to revert back to a known good configuration, then XP would boot and load OK...I have uninstalled all

Roxio software, as this problem started even before I installed my PlexTools for the DVD burner. WHY is this happening...and has anyone had a similar problem with the display going black, and XP not loading? I have checked Device Manager, and there are no conflicts...any help will be appreciated!!..