A Windows XP help forum. PCbanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PCbanter forum » Microsoft Windows XP » Microsoft Messenger
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Video and Audio Problems - MSN Mess 6.1

Old January 10th 04, 05:21 PM
Edward Wong
external usenet poster

Default Video and Audio Problems - MSN Mess 6.1

Details: No audio and video when using MSN Mess 6.1 (both parties), with one party running on XP, laptop; the other on Win 98, desktop. On the XP side, when using the audio tuning wizard, unable to select the Creative Webcam camera. An error message stat
es that the camera is being used by another program or is not working properly. Camera is working properly. Win 98 desktop's MSN Mess 6.1 selects Creative Webcam without any error notification. No firewall in place at either end of communication sets.

Background: Windows Mess 4.7 still installed on the XP side. Previously, with Windows Mess 4.7, running in compatibility mode, was able to communicate with the Win 98 desktop via Netmeeting with full audio and video, using the Creative Webcam.

My request/questions: hope someone can help me out with the current situation above and get both audio and video to work. Have tried going back to the old way of doing things as above, but somehow, seem to have problems logging in Windows Mess 4.7 running
on compatibility mode - could someone advise on this as well? I am thinking of upgrading the desktop PC from Win 98 to XP if that helps. If both platforms on XP, is it better to run Windows Mess 4.7 (or 5?) or MSN Messenger 6.1 to have least problems in
getting the video/audio to work? Appreciate if someone could help out as I commute between two countries for present employment, and try to keep in touch regularly with my wife and children via the Messenger video link as I miss them tremendously when no
t with them.

Thanks in advance.
Edward
Ads
Old January 10th 04, 09:02 PM
Andrew E
external usenet poster

Default Video and Audio Problems - MSN Mess 6.1

Youre background message seems to sum it up,ran fine with 4.7
Msn messenger was/is created for msn explorer,a dial-up internet connection,
while it WILL run w/o that connection,why run it at all.Delete 6.1
Old January 11th 04, 04:22 PM