A Windows XP help forum. PCbanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PCbanter forum » Windows 10 » Windows 10 Help Forum
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Macrium verify?



 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old February 10th 19, 09:12 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
Peter Jason
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,162
Default Macrium verify?

I found a corrupted Macrium7 backup recently so I
suppose I should verify all backup images
routinely.

Is there any way to default the 'verify' in the
Macrium7 free home edition menus?


Ads
  #2  
Old February 10th 19, 09:30 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
Mike
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 185
Default Macrium verify?

On 2/10/2019 1:12 PM, Peter Jason wrote:
I found a corrupted Macrium7 backup recently so I
suppose I should verify all backup images
routinely.

Is there any way to default the 'verify' in the
Macrium7 free home edition menus?



It's in the defaults menu.
Auto Verify Image.
  #3  
Old February 10th 19, 11:13 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
Peter Jason
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,162
Default Macrium verify?

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 13:30:22 -0800, Mike
wrote:

On 2/10/2019 1:12 PM, Peter Jason wrote:
I found a corrupted Macrium7 backup recently so I
suppose I should verify all backup images
routinely.

Is there any way to default the 'verify' in the
Macrium7 free home edition menus?



It's in the defaults menu.
Auto Verify Image.


Thanx, I found it.
  #4  
Old February 12th 19, 02:19 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
Ant[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 735
Default Macrium verify?

Peter Jason wrote:
I found a corrupted Macrium7 backup recently so I
suppose I should verify all backup images
routinely.


Is there any way to default the 'verify' in the
Macrium7 free home edition menus?


Yesterday, I did an overnight backup of my 64-bit W7 C to prepare for
tomorrow's MS updates. After doing the long back up, I woke up to see
that it failed verifications it just made. Wow. So, I had redo the back
up and then it worked. I have no idea what happened there. I didn't exit
or reboot back into the bootable burned CD.
--
Happy Chinese New Year (Earth Pig)! Oink! Return of The Worker Ant soon!
Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to see this signature correctly.
/\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://aqfl.net & http://antfarm.home.dhs.org /
/ /\ /\ \ http://antfarm.ma.cx. Please nuke ANT if replying by e-mail.
| |o o| |
\ _ /
( )
  #5  
Old February 12th 19, 03:09 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
Paul[_32_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,683
Default Macrium verify?

Ant wrote:
Peter Jason wrote:
I found a corrupted Macrium7 backup recently so I
suppose I should verify all backup images
routinely.


Is there any way to default the 'verify' in the
Macrium7 free home edition menus?


Yesterday, I did an overnight backup of my 64-bit W7 C to prepare for
tomorrow's MS updates. After doing the long back up, I woke up to see
that it failed verifications it just made. Wow. So, I had redo the back
up and then it worked. I have no idea what happened there. I didn't exit
or reboot back into the bootable burned CD.


When I had this happen, it was bad RAM.

Verification is not fancy enough to detect all hardware
flaws, but sometimes you get lucky. I would
take a look at your kit, and try and figure out
why this happened. It could be important!

http://www.memtest.org/

You should test the memory on your computer, about
once a year. For RAM that "likes to fail", I find
the failures happen around 1.5 to 2 years, so a 1 year
test interval would be good enough here. YMMV.

It could also be drive related, and you could
use the Seagate test on both the source and destination
drives and see if they're OK (assuming both are
Seagate brand say).

The CRC on the cable, has limited detection power. It
may not result in retransmission of errored data packets
over the SATA cable, in every case. But if that was
happening, the error counter for the cable would
be "spinning in the breeze" for all the packets
that did register CRC cable errors properly. The
error count is never cleared, and to detect future
trouble, you record the current value today, and
in the future, compare the number then to the number
now. One of the entries in the SMART table covers
the SATA cable (apparently). No idea how errors
on both ends are logged (the drive can only log
packets coming into it).

Paul
  #6  
Old February 12th 19, 03:25 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
Ant[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 735
Default Macrium verify?

Paul wrote:
Ant wrote:
Peter Jason wrote:
I found a corrupted Macrium7 backup recently so I
suppose I should verify all backup images
routinely.


Is there any way to default the 'verify' in the
Macrium7 free home edition menus?


Yesterday, I did an overnight backup of my 64-bit W7 C to prepare for
tomorrow's MS updates. After doing the long back up, I woke up to see
that it failed verifications it just made. Wow. So, I had redo the back
up and then it worked. I have no idea what happened there. I didn't exit
or reboot back into the bootable burned CD.


When I had this happen, it was bad RAM.


Verification is not fancy enough to detect all hardware
flaws, but sometimes you get lucky. I would
take a look at your kit, and try and figure out
why this happened. It could be important!


http://www.memtest.org/


You should test the memory on your computer, about
once a year. For RAM that "likes to fail", I find
the failures happen around 1.5 to 2 years, so a 1 year
test interval would be good enough here. YMMV.


It could also be drive related, and you could
use the Seagate test on both the source and destination
drives and see if they're OK (assuming both are
Seagate brand say).


The CRC on the cable, has limited detection power. It
may not result in retransmission of errored data packets
over the SATA cable, in every case. But if that was
happening, the error counter for the cable would
be "spinning in the breeze" for all the packets
that did register CRC cable errors properly. The
error count is never cleared, and to detect future
trouble, you record the current value today, and
in the future, compare the number then to the number
now. One of the entries in the SMART table covers
the SATA cable (apparently). No idea how errors
on both ends are logged (the drive can only log
packets coming into it).


Hmm, I haven't had any crashes in Windows so far before and after that
incident. I did have to change its Antec HCG-620M (620 watts) PSU, due
to non-fan noises (power transformers?), with a new Sea Sonic S12II
Bronze (520 watts) that was making noises during Thanksgiving 2018
weekend that my hardware friend noticed. It even fixed my APC UPS issue
that couldn't handle over 300 watts from it!

Anyways, here are smartctl v6.6 from GSmartControl v1.1.3:
smartctl 6.6 2017-11-05 r4594 [x86_64-w64-mingw32-win7-sp1] (sf-6.6-1)
Copyright (C) 2002-17, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke, www.smartmontools.org

=== START OF INFORMATION SECTION ===
Model Family: Western Digital Purple
Device Model: WDC WD20PURX-64P6ZY0
Serial Number: WD-WCC[deleted]
LU WWN Device Id: 5 0014ee 20d7cb2d0
Firmware Version: 80.00A80
User Capacity: 2,000,398,934,016 bytes [2.00 TB]
Sector Sizes: 512 bytes logical, 4096 bytes physical
Rotation Rate: 5400 rpm
Device is: In smartctl database [for details use: -P show]
ATA Version is: ACS-2 (minor revision not indicated)
SATA Version is: SATA 3.0, 6.0 Gb/s (current: 3.0 Gb/s)
Local Time is: Mon Feb 11 19:21:19 2019 PST
SMART support is: Available - device has SMART capability.
SMART support is: Enabled
AAM feature is: Unavailable
APM feature is: Unavailable
Rd look-ahead is: Enabled
Write cache is: Enabled
DSN feature is: Unavailable
ATA Security is: Disabled, frozen [SEC2]

=== START OF READ SMART DATA SECTION ===
SMART overall-health self-assessment test result: PASSED

General SMART Values:
Offline data collection status: (0x82) Offline data collection activity
was completed without error.
Auto Offline Data Collection: Enabled.
Self-test execution status: ( 0) The previous self-test routine completed
without error or no self-test has ever
been run.
Total time to complete Offline
data collection: (25320) seconds.
Offline data collection
capabilities: (0x7b) SMART execute Offline immediate.
Auto Offline data collection on/off support.
Suspend Offline collection upon new
command.
Offline surface scan supported.
Self-test supported.
Conveyance Self-test supported.
Selective Self-test supported.
SMART capabilities: (0x0003) Saves SMART data before entering
power-saving mode.
Supports SMART auto save timer.
Error logging capability: (0x01) Error logging supported.
General Purpose Logging supported.
Short self-test routine
recommended polling time: ( 2) minutes.
Extended self-test routine
recommended polling time: ( 256) minutes.
Conveyance self-test routine
recommended polling time: ( 5) minutes.
SCT capabilities: (0x703d) SCT Status supported.
SCT Error Recovery Control supported.
SCT Feature Control supported.
SCT Data Table supported.

SMART Attributes Data Structure revision number: 16
Vendor Specific SMART Attributes with Thresholds:
ID# ATTRIBUTE_NAME FLAGS VALUE WORST THRESH FAIL RAW_VALUE
1 Raw_Read_Error_Rate POSR-K 200 200 051 - 0
3 Spin_Up_Time POS--K 179 175 021 - 4025
4 Start_Stop_Count -O--CK 100 100 000 - 438
5 Reallocated_Sector_Ct PO--CK 200 200 140 - 0
7 Seek_Error_Rate -OSR-K 200 200 000 - 0
9 Power_On_Hours -O--CK 073 073 000 - 19782
10 Spin_Retry_Count -O--CK 100 100 000 - 0
11 Calibration_Retry_Count -O--CK 100 100 000 - 0
12 Power_Cycle_Count -O--CK 100 100 000 - 432
192 Power-Off_Retract_Count -O--CK 200 200 000 - 350
193 Load_Cycle_Count -O--CK 200 200 000 - 337
194 Temperature_Celsius -O---K 120 108 000 - 27
196 Reallocated_Event_Count -O--CK 200 200 000 - 0
197 Current_Pending_Sector -O--CK 200 200 000 - 0
198 Offline_Uncorrectable ----CK 200 200 000 - 0
199 UDMA_CRC_Error_Count -O--CK 200 200 000 - 0
200 Multi_Zone_Error_Rate ---R-- 200 200 000 - 0
||||||_ K auto-keep
|||||__ C event count
||||___ R error rate
|||____ S speed/performance
||_____ O updated online
|______ P prefailure warning

General Purpose Log Directory Version 1
SMART Log Directory Version 1 [multi-sector log support]
Address Access R/W Size Description
0x00 GPL,SL R/O 1 Log Directory
0x01 SL R/O 1 Summary SMART error log
0x02 SL R/O 5 Comprehensive SMART error log
0x03 GPL R/O 6 Ext. Comprehensive SMART error log
0x06 SL R/O 1 SMART self-test log
0x07 GPL R/O 1 Extended self-test log
0x09 SL R/W 1 Selective self-test log
0x10 GPL R/O 1 NCQ Command Error log
0x11 GPL R/O 1 SATA Phy Event Counters log
0x21 GPL R/O 1 Write stream error log
0x22 GPL R/O 1 Read stream error log
0x80-0x9f GPL,SL R/W 16 Host vendor specific log
0xa0-0xa7 GPL,SL VS 16 Device vendor specific log
0xa8-0xb6 GPL,SL VS 1 Device vendor specific log
0xb7 GPL,SL VS 39 Device vendor specific log
0xbd GPL,SL VS 1 Device vendor specific log
0xc0 GPL,SL VS 1 Device vendor specific log
0xc1 GPL VS 93 Device vendor specific log
0xe0 GPL,SL R/W 1 SCT Command/Status
0xe1 GPL,SL R/W 1 SCT Data Transfer

SMART Extended Comprehensive Error Log Version: 1 (6 sectors)
No Errors Logged

SMART Extended Self-test Log Version: 1 (1 sectors)
Num Test_Description Status Remaining LifeTime(hours) LBA_of_first_error
# 1 Extended offline Completed without error 00% 19216 -
# 2 Conveyance offline Completed without error 00% 19200 -
# 3 Short offline Completed without error 00% 19200 -
# 4 Extended offline Completed without error 00% 14920 -

SMART Selective self-test log data structure revision number 1
SPAN MIN_LBA MAX_LBA CURRENT_TEST_STATUS
1 0 0 Not_testing
2 0 0 Not_testing
3 0 0 Not_testing
4 0 0 Not_testing
5 0 0 Not_testing
Selective self-test flags (0x0):
After scanning selected spans, do NOT read-scan remainder of disk.
If Selective self-test is pending on power-up, resume after 0 minute delay.

SCT Status Version: 3
SCT Version (vendor specific): 258 (0x0102)
SCT Support Level: 1
Device State: Active (0)
Current Temperatu 27 Celsius
Power Cycle Min/Max Temperatu 25/29 Celsius
Lifetime Min/Max Temperatu 20/39 Celsius
Under/Over Temperature Limit Count: 0/0
Vendor specific:
01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

SCT Temperature History Version: 2
Temperature Sampling Period: 1 minute
Temperature Logging Interval: 1 minute
Min/Max recommended Temperatu 0/60 Celsius
Min/Max Temperature Limit: -41/85 Celsius
Temperature History Size (Index): 478 (218)

Index Estimated Time Temperature Celsius
219 2019-02-11 11:24 26 *******
... ..( 42 skipped). .. *******
262 2019-02-11 12:07 26 *******
263 2019-02-11 12:08 27 ********
264 2019-02-11 12:09 27 ********
265 2019-02-11 12:10 26 *******
... ..( 40 skipped). .. *******
306 2019-02-11 12:51 26 *******
307 2019-02-11 12:52 25 ******
... ..( 4 skipped). .. ******
312 2019-02-11 12:57 25 ******
313 2019-02-11 12:58 26 *******
... ..(118 skipped). .. *******
432 2019-02-11 14:57 26 *******
433 2019-02-11 14:58 27 ********
434 2019-02-11 14:59 26 *******
435 2019-02-11 15:00 26 *******
436 2019-02-11 15:01 27 ********
... ..(203 skipped). .. ********
162 2019-02-11 18:25 27 ********
163 2019-02-11 18:26 25 ******
... ..( 6 skipped). .. ******
170 2019-02-11 18:33 25 ******
171 2019-02-11 18:34 26 *******
... ..( 22 skipped). .. *******
194 2019-02-11 18:57 26 *******
195 2019-02-11 18:58 25 ******
196 2019-02-11 18:59 25 ******
197 2019-02-11 19:00 25 ******
198 2019-02-11 19:01 26 *******
199 2019-02-11 19:02 25 ******
... ..( 4 skipped). .. ******
204 2019-02-11 19:07 25 ******
205 2019-02-11 19:08 26 *******
206 2019-02-11 19:09 26 *******
207 2019-02-11 19:10 26 *******
208 2019-02-11 19:11 25 ******
209 2019-02-11 19:12 25 ******
210 2019-02-11 19:13 26 *******
... ..( 7 skipped). .. *******
218 2019-02-11 19:21 26 *******

SCT Error Recovery Control:
Read: 70 (7.0 seconds)
Write: 70 (7.0 seconds)

Device Statistics (GP/SMART Log 0x04) not supported

SATA Phy Event Counters (GP Log 0x11)
ID Size Value Description
0x0001 2 0 Command failed due to ICRC error
0x0002 2 0 R_ERR response for data FIS
0x0003 2 0 R_ERR response for device-to-host data FIS
0x0004 2 0 R_ERR response for host-to-device data FIS
0x0005 2 0 R_ERR response for non-data FIS
0x0006 2 0 R_ERR response for device-to-host non-data FIS
0x0007 2 0 R_ERR response for host-to-device non-data FIS
0x0008 2 0 Device-to-host non-data FIS retries
0x0009 2 0 Transition from drive PhyRdy to drive PhyNRdy
0x000a 2 1 Device-to-host register FISes sent due to a COMRESET
0x000b 2 0 CRC errors within host-to-device FIS
0x000f 2 0 R_ERR response for host-to-device data FIS, CRC
0x0012 2 0 R_ERR response for host-to-device non-data FIS, CRC
0x8000 4 127110 Vendor specific

I will run tests if I run into crashes or other weirdnesses. At least, I
make back ups often on this decade old PC! :P
--
Happy Chinese New Year (Earth Pig)! Oink! Return of The Worker Ant soon!
Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to see this signature correctly.
/\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://aqfl.net & http://antfarm.home.dhs.org /
/ /\ /\ \ http://antfarm.ma.cx. Please nuke ANT if replying by e-mail.
| |o o| |
\ _ /
( )
  #7  
Old February 12th 19, 05:24 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
Paul[_32_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,683
Default Macrium verify?

Ant wrote:
Paul wrote:
Ant wrote:
Peter Jason wrote:
I found a corrupted Macrium7 backup recently so I
suppose I should verify all backup images
routinely.
Is there any way to default the 'verify' in the
Macrium7 free home edition menus?
Yesterday, I did an overnight backup of my 64-bit W7 C to prepare for
tomorrow's MS updates. After doing the long back up, I woke up to see
that it failed verifications it just made. Wow. So, I had redo the back
up and then it worked. I have no idea what happened there. I didn't exit
or reboot back into the bootable burned CD.


When I had this happen, it was bad RAM.


Verification is not fancy enough to detect all hardware
flaws, but sometimes you get lucky. I would
take a look at your kit, and try and figure out
why this happened. It could be important!


http://www.memtest.org/


You should test the memory on your computer, about
once a year. For RAM that "likes to fail", I find
the failures happen around 1.5 to 2 years, so a 1 year
test interval would be good enough here. YMMV.


It could also be drive related, and you could
use the Seagate test on both the source and destination
drives and see if they're OK (assuming both are
Seagate brand say).


The CRC on the cable, has limited detection power. It
may not result in retransmission of errored data packets
over the SATA cable, in every case. But if that was
happening, the error counter for the cable would
be "spinning in the breeze" for all the packets
that did register CRC cable errors properly. The
error count is never cleared, and to detect future
trouble, you record the current value today, and
in the future, compare the number then to the number
now. One of the entries in the SMART table covers
the SATA cable (apparently). No idea how errors
on both ends are logged (the drive can only log
packets coming into it).


Hmm, I haven't had any crashes in Windows so far before and after that
incident. I did have to change its Antec HCG-620M (620 watts) PSU, due
to non-fan noises (power transformers?), with a new Sea Sonic S12II
Bronze (520 watts) that was making noises during Thanksgiving 2018
weekend that my hardware friend noticed. It even fixed my APC UPS issue
that couldn't handle over 300 watts from it!

Anyways, here are smartctl v6.6 from GSmartControl v1.1.3:
smartctl 6.6 2017-11-05 r4594 [x86_64-w64-mingw32-win7-sp1] (sf-6.6-1)
Copyright (C) 2002-17, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke, www.smartmontools.org

=== START OF INFORMATION SECTION ===
Model Family: Western Digital Purple
Device Model: WDC WD20PURX-64P6ZY0
Serial Number: WD-WCC[deleted]
LU WWN Device Id: 5 0014ee 20d7cb2d0
Firmware Version: 80.00A80
User Capacity: 2,000,398,934,016 bytes [2.00 TB]
Sector Sizes: 512 bytes logical, 4096 bytes physical
Rotation Rate: 5400 rpm
Device is: In smartctl database [for details use: -P show]
ATA Version is: ACS-2 (minor revision not indicated)
SATA Version is: SATA 3.0, 6.0 Gb/s (current: 3.0 Gb/s)
Local Time is: Mon Feb 11 19:21:19 2019 PST
SMART support is: Available - device has SMART capability.
SMART support is: Enabled
AAM feature is: Unavailable
APM feature is: Unavailable
Rd look-ahead is: Enabled
Write cache is: Enabled
DSN feature is: Unavailable
ATA Security is: Disabled, frozen [SEC2]

=== START OF READ SMART DATA SECTION ===
SMART overall-health self-assessment test result: PASSED

General SMART Values:
Offline data collection status: (0x82) Offline data collection activity
was completed without error.
Auto Offline Data Collection: Enabled.
Self-test execution status: ( 0) The previous self-test routine completed
without error or no self-test has ever
been run.
Total time to complete Offline
data collection: (25320) seconds.
Offline data collection
capabilities: (0x7b) SMART execute Offline immediate.
Auto Offline data collection on/off support.
Suspend Offline collection upon new
command.
Offline surface scan supported.
Self-test supported.
Conveyance Self-test supported.
Selective Self-test supported.
SMART capabilities: (0x0003) Saves SMART data before entering
power-saving mode.
Supports SMART auto save timer.
Error logging capability: (0x01) Error logging supported.
General Purpose Logging supported.
Short self-test routine
recommended polling time: ( 2) minutes.
Extended self-test routine
recommended polling time: ( 256) minutes.
Conveyance self-test routine
recommended polling time: ( 5) minutes.
SCT capabilities: (0x703d) SCT Status supported.
SCT Error Recovery Control supported.
SCT Feature Control supported.
SCT Data Table supported.

SMART Attributes Data Structure revision number: 16
Vendor Specific SMART Attributes with Thresholds:
ID# ATTRIBUTE_NAME FLAGS VALUE WORST THRESH FAIL RAW_VALUE
1 Raw_Read_Error_Rate POSR-K 200 200 051 - 0
3 Spin_Up_Time POS--K 179 175 021 - 4025
4 Start_Stop_Count -O--CK 100 100 000 - 438
5 Reallocated_Sector_Ct PO--CK 200 200 140 - 0
7 Seek_Error_Rate -OSR-K 200 200 000 - 0
9 Power_On_Hours -O--CK 073 073 000 - 19782
10 Spin_Retry_Count -O--CK 100 100 000 - 0
11 Calibration_Retry_Count -O--CK 100 100 000 - 0
12 Power_Cycle_Count -O--CK 100 100 000 - 432
192 Power-Off_Retract_Count -O--CK 200 200 000 - 350
193 Load_Cycle_Count -O--CK 200 200 000 - 337
194 Temperature_Celsius -O---K 120 108 000 - 27
196 Reallocated_Event_Count -O--CK 200 200 000 - 0
197 Current_Pending_Sector -O--CK 200 200 000 - 0
198 Offline_Uncorrectable ----CK 200 200 000 - 0
199 UDMA_CRC_Error_Count -O--CK 200 200 000 - 0
200 Multi_Zone_Error_Rate ---R-- 200 200 000 - 0
||||||_ K auto-keep
|||||__ C event count
||||___ R error rate
|||____ S speed/performance
||_____ O updated online
|______ P prefailure warning

General Purpose Log Directory Version 1
SMART Log Directory Version 1 [multi-sector log support]
Address Access R/W Size Description
0x00 GPL,SL R/O 1 Log Directory
0x01 SL R/O 1 Summary SMART error log
0x02 SL R/O 5 Comprehensive SMART error log
0x03 GPL R/O 6 Ext. Comprehensive SMART error log
0x06 SL R/O 1 SMART self-test log
0x07 GPL R/O 1 Extended self-test log
0x09 SL R/W 1 Selective self-test log
0x10 GPL R/O 1 NCQ Command Error log
0x11 GPL R/O 1 SATA Phy Event Counters log
0x21 GPL R/O 1 Write stream error log
0x22 GPL R/O 1 Read stream error log
0x80-0x9f GPL,SL R/W 16 Host vendor specific log
0xa0-0xa7 GPL,SL VS 16 Device vendor specific log
0xa8-0xb6 GPL,SL VS 1 Device vendor specific log
0xb7 GPL,SL VS 39 Device vendor specific log
0xbd GPL,SL VS 1 Device vendor specific log
0xc0 GPL,SL VS 1 Device vendor specific log
0xc1 GPL VS 93 Device vendor specific log
0xe0 GPL,SL R/W 1 SCT Command/Status
0xe1 GPL,SL R/W 1 SCT Data Transfer

SMART Extended Comprehensive Error Log Version: 1 (6 sectors)
No Errors Logged

SMART Extended Self-test Log Version: 1 (1 sectors)
Num Test_Description Status Remaining LifeTime(hours) LBA_of_first_error
# 1 Extended offline Completed without error 00% 19216 -
# 2 Conveyance offline Completed without error 00% 19200 -
# 3 Short offline Completed without error 00% 19200 -
# 4 Extended offline Completed without error 00% 14920 -

SMART Selective self-test log data structure revision number 1
SPAN MIN_LBA MAX_LBA CURRENT_TEST_STATUS
1 0 0 Not_testing
2 0 0 Not_testing
3 0 0 Not_testing
4 0 0 Not_testing
5 0 0 Not_testing
Selective self-test flags (0x0):
After scanning selected spans, do NOT read-scan remainder of disk.
If Selective self-test is pending on power-up, resume after 0 minute delay.

SCT Status Version: 3
SCT Version (vendor specific): 258 (0x0102)
SCT Support Level: 1
Device State: Active (0)
Current Temperatu 27 Celsius
Power Cycle Min/Max Temperatu 25/29 Celsius
Lifetime Min/Max Temperatu 20/39 Celsius
Under/Over Temperature Limit Count: 0/0
Vendor specific:
01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

SCT Temperature History Version: 2
Temperature Sampling Period: 1 minute
Temperature Logging Interval: 1 minute
Min/Max recommended Temperatu 0/60 Celsius
Min/Max Temperature Limit: -41/85 Celsius
Temperature History Size (Index): 478 (218)

Index Estimated Time Temperature Celsius
219 2019-02-11 11:24 26 *******
... ..( 42 skipped). .. *******
262 2019-02-11 12:07 26 *******
263 2019-02-11 12:08 27 ********
264 2019-02-11 12:09 27 ********
265 2019-02-11 12:10 26 *******
... ..( 40 skipped). .. *******
306 2019-02-11 12:51 26 *******
307 2019-02-11 12:52 25 ******
... ..( 4 skipped). .. ******
312 2019-02-11 12:57 25 ******
313 2019-02-11 12:58 26 *******
... ..(118 skipped). .. *******
432 2019-02-11 14:57 26 *******
433 2019-02-11 14:58 27 ********
434 2019-02-11 14:59 26 *******
435 2019-02-11 15:00 26 *******
436 2019-02-11 15:01 27 ********
... ..(203 skipped). .. ********
162 2019-02-11 18:25 27 ********
163 2019-02-11 18:26 25 ******
... ..( 6 skipped). .. ******
170 2019-02-11 18:33 25 ******
171 2019-02-11 18:34 26 *******
... ..( 22 skipped). .. *******
194 2019-02-11 18:57 26 *******
195 2019-02-11 18:58 25 ******
196 2019-02-11 18:59 25 ******
197 2019-02-11 19:00 25 ******
198 2019-02-11 19:01 26 *******
199 2019-02-11 19:02 25 ******
... ..( 4 skipped). .. ******
204 2019-02-11 19:07 25 ******
205 2019-02-11 19:08 26 *******
206 2019-02-11 19:09 26 *******
207 2019-02-11 19:10 26 *******
208 2019-02-11 19:11 25 ******
209 2019-02-11 19:12 25 ******
210 2019-02-11 19:13 26 *******
... ..( 7 skipped). .. *******
218 2019-02-11 19:21 26 *******

SCT Error Recovery Control:
Read: 70 (7.0 seconds)
Write: 70 (7.0 seconds)

Device Statistics (GP/SMART Log 0x04) not supported

SATA Phy Event Counters (GP Log 0x11)
ID Size Value Description
0x0001 2 0 Command failed due to ICRC error
0x0002 2 0 R_ERR response for data FIS
0x0003 2 0 R_ERR response for device-to-host data FIS
0x0004 2 0 R_ERR response for host-to-device data FIS
0x0005 2 0 R_ERR response for non-data FIS
0x0006 2 0 R_ERR response for device-to-host non-data FIS
0x0007 2 0 R_ERR response for host-to-device non-data FIS
0x0008 2 0 Device-to-host non-data FIS retries
0x0009 2 0 Transition from drive PhyRdy to drive PhyNRdy
0x000a 2 1 Device-to-host register FISes sent due to a COMRESET
0x000b 2 0 CRC errors within host-to-device FIS
0x000f 2 0 R_ERR response for host-to-device data FIS, CRC
0x0012 2 0 R_ERR response for host-to-device non-data FIS, CRC
0x8000 4 127110 Vendor specific

I will run tests if I run into crashes or other weirdnesses. At least, I
make back ups often on this decade old PC! :P


I think this might be the cable.

199 UDMA_CRC_Error_Count -O--CK 200 200 000 - 0

And the RAW on that is zero, so you're fine on packets
entering the HDD. The cable errors on the HDD to host
side, might be a performance counter in perfmon.msc.

Paul
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off






All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 PCbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.