A Windows XP help forum. PCbanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PCbanter forum » Windows 10 » Windows 10 Help Forum
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Any visible changes in latest release?

Old March 21st 15, 01:52 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
The Scream
external usenet poster

Default Any visible changes in latest release?

I've read latest upgrade takes 7 hours to complete. I didn't done it yet.
Can you see any new feature or improvement in latest build?
Thanks.
Have a nice weekend.

Ads
Old March 21st 15, 02:05 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
philo
external usenet poster

On 03/20/2015 08:52 PM, The Scream wrote:
I've read latest upgrade takes 7 hours to complete. I didn't done it
yet. Can you see any new feature or improvement in latest build?
Thanks.
Have a nice weekend.

Took 3.5 hours on my end but only minor changes, I'd check back in a
month or so
Old March 21st 15, 03:03 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
T
external usenet poster

On 03/20/2015 06:52 PM, The Scream wrote:
I've read latest upgrade takes 7 hours to complete. I didn't done it
yet. Can you see any new feature or improvement in latest build?
Thanks.
Have a nice weekend.

Hi All,

Here is what is new:

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwin...now-available/

Scroll on down to:

Some top issues fixed in this build

And

Here are some known issues for this build

-T
Old March 21st 15, 11:35 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
Roderick Stewart
external usenet poster

On Sat, 21 Mar 2015 01:52:06 -0000, "The Scream"
wrote:

I've read latest upgrade takes 7 hours to complete. I didn't done it yet.
Can you see any new feature or improvement in latest build?

Only took me about 3 hours, which is not unusual for Windows. I guess
it depends on the speed of your computer and internet connection. A
complete reinstall from DVD would have been faster, but as of
yesterday the downloadable ISO wasn't available.

At first sight the appearance and behaviour of it is much the same, so
perhaps it's just bug fixes.

Coincidentally, there's a new version (RC at least) of Linux Mint,
which I installed on the same computer in about 25 minutes.

And this actually does have some noticeable improvements, in that it
recognises the wireless card and brightess controls in my Asus laptop,
whereas previous versions didn't.

Rod.
Old March 21st 15, 02:12 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
Big_Al[_4_]
external usenet poster

The Scream wrote on 3/20/2015 9:52 PM:
I've read latest upgrade takes 7 hours to complete. I didn't done it yet. Can you see any new feature or improvement in
latest build?
Thanks.
Have a nice weekend.

Only took 2 hrs on me, and I'm running off a usb 3.0 external 5400 RPM drive. So It's sluggish to begin with.
The start menu changed again. I had found a patch to allow you to resize the menu but that no longer works. So you're
forced to the fixed menu (or at least I am now till I find a real fix).

The menu is different too. It used to list all the metro apps first then the programs you installed like MS Office way
down at the bottom of the 80 some apps you have installed. Hell of a long scroll to see ms office. But now they are
alphabetizing everything, so you scroll to the M's to get MS Office. A bit better.
I created a folder called --Utilities and put all my good daily stuff there. And sure enough that sorts at the top
making it faster to get to.

So that much is better. And there are options on the taskbar properties to turn off some things.

The themes manager seemed to screw up on me. I made a new theme and it saved but it shows the same image as the first
one I had. And switching between themes (in personalization) does not return me to the right color scheme. I found
the themes folder and manually edited the theme that was in error and found that truely the new theme did point the
background to the wrong image (that of the first theme). So I fixed that and all was right from then on.

SO they still have bugs. I posted the theme issue to feedback and in a few hours some one else had +1 it already.

Other than that I haven't seen a bunch of changes.

Old March 21st 15, 06:06 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
Justin Tyme[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Sat, 21 Mar 2015 10:12:18 -0400, Big_Al wrote:

I've read latest upgrade takes 7 hours to complete. I didn't done it yet. Can you see any new feature or improvement in
latest build?
Thanks.
Have a nice weekend.

Only took 2 hrs on me, and I'm running off a usb 3.0 external 5400 RPM drive. So It's sluggish to begin with.
The start menu changed again. I had found a patch to allow you to resize the menu but that no longer works. So you're

The menu is different too. It used to list all the metro apps first then the programs you installed like MS Office way
down at the bottom of the 80 some apps you have installed. Hell of a long scroll to see ms office. But now they are
alphabetizing everything, so you scroll to the M's to get MS Office. A bit better.
I created a folder called --Utilities and put all my good daily stuff there. And sure enough that sorts at the top

So that much is better. And there are options on the taskbar properties to turn off some things.

The themes manager seemed to screw up on me. I made a new theme and it saved but it shows the same image as the first
one I had. And switching between themes (in personalization) does not return me to the right color scheme. I found
the themes folder and manually edited the theme that was in error and found that truely the new theme did point the
background to the wrong image (that of the first theme). So I fixed that and all was right from then on.

SO they still have bugs. I posted the theme issue to feedback and in a few hours some one else had +1 it already.

To resize the start menu:

Run regedit, then go to

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\Advanced
And create a new DWORD called EnableXamlStartMenu and leave the
default value of 0 unchanged.
--
JT
Old March 21st 15, 06:08 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
Justin Tyme[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Sat, 21 Mar 2015 11:06:53 -0700, Justin Tyme
wrote:

latest build?
Thanks.
Have a nice weekend.

Run regedit, then go to

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ex plorer\Advanced

Sorry, this no longer works.
--
JT
Old March 21st 15, 09:07 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
T
external usenet poster

On 03/21/2015 11:08 AM, Justin Tyme wrote:
On Sat, 21 Mar 2015 11:06:53 -0700, Justin Tyme
wrote:

latest build?
Thanks.
Have a nice weekend.

Run regedit, then go to

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\Advanced

Sorry, this no longer works.
--
JT

Rats! Thank you for sharing anyway.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: