A Windows XP help forum. PCbanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PCbanter forum » Microsoft Windows XP » Windows XP and video cards, drivers and similar
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Digital Video Camera Not Detected



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old March 14th 08, 05:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.video
No_Name
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 8
Default Digital Video Camera Not Detected

On 13 maalis, 12:39, wrote:
On 27 tammi, 06:57, karen100
wrote:





"Les" wrote:
Finally, I thought about the differences between the laptops and my home PCs
- the actual Firewire port. *Each of the laptop Firewire ports have been
4-pin, while all of the various cards/cables used at home have been 6-pin -
connected to the camera by various 4-pin to 6-pin cables.


So, I hunted down a $5 Fireire PCI card that has both a 6-pin and an 4-pin
connected. *Lo and behold, my camera works when connected to the 4-pin.


I thought that a 6-pin to 4-pin connection was identical except the the
6-pin carries power. *Therefore the signal integrity should have been there
for the 4-pin connection.Anyway, this is not a MS issue, but has been
dicussed in this newgroup many times. *I hope my experience helps someone
else.


Les, that explanation makes sense to me. *I will try and find a similar pci
card.


I have also read that the Sony camcorder won't work with a firewire port
that is bridged. *I am not sure if that is the correct term, but I think it
is meant to refer to a firewire port on the front of the computer that has
the long wires running inside to the pci card that is actually in the back of
the computer. *That is how mine is currently set up. *So, I will try your way
in a while, once I can locate that kind of pci card.


For clarification, is the small port on the camera 4 pin? *So, the new pci
port will match the camera port? * Thank you for posting.


I have the same problem as everyone else in this thread; the firewire
port is existing and working ok in the Device Manager, but it will not
recognise my DVcam (nothing happens, no ding-dong, when I connect the
cam). Everything has been working for me for several years, a JVC
DVcam connected to the Firewire port on a Creative Audigy EX-unit, but
a month ago I did change the mainboard and processor in my computer
and reinstalled XP Pro on the harddisk (still using the same Audigy
and DVCam), and after that the DVCam is not recognised.

Have you other guys found the solution to your problems? Did the 4-pin
to 4-pin cable work for you, karen100?

Sten- Piilota siteerattu teksti -

- Nyt siteerattu teksti -


I already myself got it working: I completely unistalled the Audigy
(both software and hardware); restarted the computer without the
Audigy; reinstalled it and let Windows reinstall all the drivers; and
now I get the ding-ding when connecting the camera!

Don't know what was wrong, but now it works!

Sten
Ads
  #17  
Old March 16th 08, 12:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.video
karen100
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 11
Default Digital Video Camera Not Detected



Have you other guys found the solution to your problems? Did the 4-pin
to 4-pin cable work for you, karen100?

Sten- Piilota siteerattu teksti -

- Näytä siteerattu teksti -


I already myself got it working: I completely unistalled the Audigy
(both software and hardware); restarted the computer without the
Audigy; reinstalled it and let Windows reinstall all the drivers; and
now I get the ding-ding when connecting the camera!

Don't know what was wrong, but now it works!

Sten

Hi Sten,

No, I never got my camcorder to be recognized. I wasn't able to install a
new pci card yet, so I just let it go. It was so much trouble to pursue, I
just continued with the slower USB connection. It is encouraging to hear
that your problem was solved. Thanks for posting, at least now I know a
solution IS possible. ... Karen
  #18  
Old July 16th 08, 02:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.video
chcochipicecream
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default Digital Video Camera Not Detected

I am in the same situation of all and tried it. With your recommendation I
have tried to download kb885222 patch however, it's giving me a error message
"access denied". What could be wrong?

"karen100" wrote:

I have been having the same problem with my Sony TRV70. Device Not Found
when using Firewire. USB works fine, but not the 1394 Firewire connection.
I stumbled across this suggestion yesterday, haven't tried it yet, but will
do so soon. It appears to be an issue with SP2 on WinXP. There is a
download hotfix file. The solution makes sense to me, I don't know why it is
not posted in more places, so many people seem to be having this same
problem. If anyone else has tried this fix, please let the rest of us know!

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885222

When I first discovered the problem in October, I tried starting my computer
with my camcorder attached and it caused me to lose a lot of important ntldr
files and other problems. Since I have already had to start over from
scratch after that mess, I am willing to try this fix... I figure I have
nothing to lose at this point.

  #19  
Old July 26th 08, 02:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.video
karen100
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 11
Default Digital Video Camera Not Detected

Sorry... I don't have any idea. I am now considering replacing my camcorder
with a new one. Might not choose Sony next time. Anyway, good luck.

"chcochipicecream" wrote:

I am in the same situation of all and tried it. With your recommendation I
have tried to download kb885222 patch however, it's giving me a error message
"access denied". What could be wrong?


  #20  
Old August 11th 08, 06:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.video
Revyn
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default Digital Video Camera Not Detected

The good news is, I am not alone with this problem. I have a sony DCR-
TRV 330 E, according sony site it should be compatible with Vista via 1394,
but clearly it is not. I will definetly not by a new Sony camera again.

Anyone ever solved the issue?
--
Koen


"karen100" wrote:

Sorry... I don't have any idea. I am now considering replacing my camcorder
with a new one. Might not choose Sony next time. Anyway, good luck.

"chcochipicecream" wrote:

I am in the same situation of all and tried it. With your recommendation I
have tried to download kb885222 patch however, it's giving me a error message
"access denied". What could be wrong?


  #21  
Old August 20th 08, 02:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.video
mitch
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 29
Default Digital Video Camera Not Detected

I have a canon ZR850 connected via Firewire. The camcorder believes it is
connected (says DV_IN on the LCD) but it is not recognized by Windows XP.
This has been very frustrating. any help would be greatly appreciated.

"Revyn" wrote:

The good news is, I am not alone with this problem. I have a sony DCR-
TRV 330 E, according sony site it should be compatible with Vista via 1394,
but clearly it is not. I will definetly not by a new Sony camera again.

Anyone ever solved the issue?
--
Koen


"karen100" wrote:

Sorry... I don't have any idea. I am now considering replacing my camcorder
with a new one. Might not choose Sony next time. Anyway, good luck.

"chcochipicecream" wrote:

I am in the same situation of all and tried it. With your recommendation I
have tried to download kb885222 patch however, it's giving me a error message
"access denied". What could be wrong?


  #22  
Old August 20th 08, 04:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.video
Revyn
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default Digital Video Camera Not Detected

I have solved the problem, but I am not sure how. I have downloaded all
vista updates, it seems that has done the trick.

I can tell you what it was not :
- no hardware problem, no change of ilink cable, no issue with the 1394 ports
- no issue with Sony, it seems their camera IS compatible and does not even
require a download of steering program

So that only leaves vista, doesn't it?
--
Koen


"Mitch" wrote:

I have a canon ZR850 connected via Firewire. The camcorder believes it is
connected (says DV_IN on the LCD) but it is not recognized by Windows XP.
This has been very frustrating. any help would be greatly appreciated.

"Revyn" wrote:

The good news is, I am not alone with this problem. I have a sony DCR-
TRV 330 E, according sony site it should be compatible with Vista via 1394,
but clearly it is not. I will definetly not by a new Sony camera again.

Anyone ever solved the issue?
--
Koen


"karen100" wrote:

Sorry... I don't have any idea. I am now considering replacing my camcorder
with a new one. Might not choose Sony next time. Anyway, good luck.

"chcochipicecream" wrote:

I am in the same situation of all and tried it. With your recommendation I
have tried to download kb885222 patch however, it's giving me a error message
"access denied". What could be wrong?

  #23  
Old August 27th 09, 08:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.video
MikeyUK
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default Digital Video Camera Not Detected

Hi all,

I am new to this forum, have a problem similar to most of you with detection
of Camera. Have recently bought a HP550 Laptop, running XP Professional with
all updates loaded and running.
My Firewire 1394a card is a plug in to the Laptop Express Card slot.
The card has 2 ports, both 6 pin Firewire female.
Have cable 6 pin to 4 pin Firewire.
When the card was first plugged in, system found it o.k. camera was
connected by (4 pin DV cable) and system worked perfectly with MS 'Movie
Maker' . I shut down and returned a few hours later, powered up Laptop but no
sign of Firewire card.
My camera is a JVC Digital model GR-DVX9E, and was/is running on
mains/adaptor.
Have spent 'days' of research trying to fix this 'non detection' problem,
has anyone found a solution please ?

Mike

"karen100" wrote:



Have you other guys found the solution to your problems? Did the 4-pin
to 4-pin cable work for you, karen100?

Sten- Piilota siteerattu teksti -

- Näytä siteerattu teksti -


I already myself got it working: I completely unistalled the Audigy
(both software and hardware); restarted the computer without the
Audigy; reinstalled it and let Windows reinstall all the drivers; and
now I get the ding-ding when connecting the camera!

Don't know what was wrong, but now it works!

Sten

Hi Sten,

No, I never got my camcorder to be recognized. I wasn't able to install a
new pci card yet, so I just let it go. It was so much trouble to pursue, I
just continued with the slower USB connection. It is encouraging to hear
that your problem was solved. Thanks for posting, at least now I know a
solution IS possible. ... Karen

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off






All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2023 PCbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.