A Windows XP help forum. PCbanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PCbanter forum » Microsoft Windows XP » Windows Service Pack 2
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

win XP home SP2 with linksys BEFSR41

Old September 13th 05, 01:53 PM

First recorded activity by PCbanter: Sep 2005
Default win XP home SP2 with linksys BEFSR41

hi, i recently just switched from win2k to XP home with SP2 and realised that my forwarded ports in my linksys router BEFSR41 are not working. I have checked the lanip (192.168.1.101) and it tally with my router settings. I have also tried reset and reconfiguring my router settings to no avail. Internet connection is fine, just that my applications under the forwarded ports doesnt work anymore

Please help thanks.
Ads
Old September 14th 05, 05:15 AM

First recorded activity by PCbanter: Aug 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbin
hi, i recently just switched from win2k to XP home with SP2 and realised that my forwarded ports in my linksys router BEFSR41 are not working. I have checked the lanip (192.168.1.101) and it tally with my router settings. I have also tried reset and reconfiguring my router settings to no avail. Internet connection is fine, just that my applications under the forwarded ports doesnt work anymore

Please help thanks.
I believe you have to forward the ports for both the firewall and the router in order for port forwarding to work.
Old September 19th 05, 06:06 PM

First recorded activity by PCbanter: Sep 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbin

Please help thanks.
Im only a newbie but is anyone else on your network using the same application. Is the port already forward for another PC. If so can yo amend the required ports on the application and then configure your router.