A Windows XP help forum. PCbanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PCbanter forum » Microsoft Windows XP » Printing and Faxing with Windows XP
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Redirecting a USB Printer in a RDC Session

Old April 18th 04, 03:33 PM
Mark Phillips
external usenet poster

Default Redirecting a USB Printer in a RDC Session

I have a client with a new HP LaserJet 1012 USB-connected printer. He is unable to get his host computer to see this printer from his home computer whenever he connects to the office machine with Remote Desktop Connection. Both systems are identical, runni
ng Windows XP Pro SP1, with all the latest patches and updates. And both systems have the same printer installed locally. When I connect to the host machine from my Win 2K system ALL of my parallel-port connected printers are redirected during the session
but NOT my one USB printer. This leads me to believe that this has something to do with the printer being a USB-connected device.

Anyone have some thoughts?

Mark Phillips
Ads