A Windows XP help forum. PCbanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PCbanter forum » Windows 10 » Windows 10 Help Forum
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Kasperski



 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old December 4th 17, 04:57 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
Mr. Man-wai Chang
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,369
Default Kasperski

On 12/3/2017 6:04 PM, Scott wrote:
Any views on the wisdom or otherwise of continued use of Kasperski?


Window$ Defender came bundled with Win 10. So...

--
@[email protected] Remain silent! Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper!!
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
/( _ )\ May the Force and farces be with you!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 請考慮綜援 (CSSA):
http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_...sub_addressesa
Ads
  #32  
Old December 4th 17, 06:17 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
Scott[_10_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 350
Default Kasperski

On Mon, 4 Dec 2017 05:41:32 -0800, T wrote:

On 12/04/2017 02:15 AM, Scott wrote:
On Sun, 3 Dec 2017 17:05:08 -0800, T wrote:

On 12/03/2017 04:40 AM, Scott wrote:
Does a statement by a citizen act as a guarantee against interference
by the Russian State?

No and why just worry about the Russians. You are being
overly selective.


I was following the stace of the US and UK governments, whom I assume
know something about the subject.



You are overlooking the tons of political nastiness going on
over the swamp losing the election and the fake Russian dossier
the loser's dirty tricks campaign ginned up.

If you are worried a espionage, don't use anything from India
or China.


My internet security program does not originate in India or China, so
this is not pertinent to the question I asked.

I assume you mean anything IT related.

Yes. And I was pointing out about being selective.


If you mean that non IT products such as clothing and footware do not
contain malware then I would say there is some logic in being
selective.


You know what I meant.

Kaspersky is just in the unfortunate position of being
between some nasty geopolitical politics. n Their
product is a good product. And it has been gone
over with a fine toothed comb.


By the Russian government?


You know what I meant. Stop slicing the baloney.


It is not the Russian government spying on you.


Unless the Russian goverment is spying on Kasperski?


All governments are spying the asses off. Kaspersky just
got caught in the middle of some nasty dirty tricks politics.

Just my opinion, but starting up the cold war again is stupid.
The swamp lost. Grow up, get over it, practice your goose
stepping, and do a better job of convincing the American people
next time. And stop looking for Russians under your beds.
We have real enemies out there to deal with. The Russians
are not them. And Russians did not steel our election. The
public just didn't like the hoodlum and voted against her.

So your point is, caller, that there should be no concerns about
reports of Russian cyber-espionage, no concerns about Kasperski being
based in Russia, the US and UK governments are displaying paranoia and
given a choice between Kasperski and a non-Russian alternative there
is no reason to go for the latter - and all because the head of
Kasperski says so.
  #33  
Old December 5th 17, 01:18 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
T
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,369
Default Kasperski

On 12/04/2017 07:36 AM, Cows are nice wrote:
So it's Mon, 04 Dec 2017 05:28:30 -0800, and T says:
On 12/03/2017 09:07 PM, Cows are nice wrote:

Not even using the clipboard, but the mouse cache.

I know. I go a little nuts when doing a lot of text work in Windows.
Linux actually has four clipboards. I have a reference for them kicking
around somewhere if you want it.


FOUR?? Yes, share more info about the four clipboards.


This link is about the secondary selection (the third clipboard).
The video will cover all four.

http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~chl/secondary-selection.html

secondary selection is awesome for programming as you can
pick off stuff and paste it without losing your cursor location

  #34  
Old December 5th 17, 01:19 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
T
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,369
Default Kasperski

On 12/04/2017 09:17 AM, Scott wrote:
On Mon, 4 Dec 2017 05:41:32 -0800, T wrote:

On 12/04/2017 02:15 AM, Scott wrote:
On Sun, 3 Dec 2017 17:05:08 -0800, T wrote:

On 12/03/2017 04:40 AM, Scott wrote:
Does a statement by a citizen act as a guarantee against interference
by the Russian State?

No and why just worry about the Russians. You are being
overly selective.

I was following the stace of the US and UK governments, whom I assume
know something about the subject.



You are overlooking the tons of political nastiness going on
over the swamp losing the election and the fake Russian dossier
the loser's dirty tricks campaign ginned up.

If you are worried a espionage, don't use anything from India
or China.

My internet security program does not originate in India or China, so
this is not pertinent to the question I asked.

I assume you mean anything IT related.

Yes. And I was pointing out about being selective.

If you mean that non IT products such as clothing and footware do not
contain malware then I would say there is some logic in being
selective.


You know what I meant.

Kaspersky is just in the unfortunate position of being
between some nasty geopolitical politics. n Their
product is a good product. And it has been gone
over with a fine toothed comb.

By the Russian government?


You know what I meant. Stop slicing the baloney.


It is not the Russian government spying on you.

Unless the Russian goverment is spying on Kasperski?


All governments are spying the asses off. Kaspersky just
got caught in the middle of some nasty dirty tricks politics.

Just my opinion, but starting up the cold war again is stupid.
The swamp lost. Grow up, get over it, practice your goose
stepping, and do a better job of convincing the American people
next time. And stop looking for Russians under your beds.
We have real enemies out there to deal with. The Russians
are not them. And Russians did not steel our election. The
public just didn't like the hoodlum and voted against her.

So your point is, caller, that there should be no concerns about
reports of Russian cyber-espionage, no concerns about Kasperski being
based in Russia, the US and UK governments are displaying paranoia and
given a choice between Kasperski and a non-Russian alternative there
is no reason to go for the latter - and all because the head of
Kasperski says so.


My point is to not let Gleichschaltung be your point of reference.


  #35  
Old December 5th 17, 07:19 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
Tim Slattery[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 146
Default Kasperski

T wrote:

On 12/04/2017 12:18 AM, Bob Henson wrote:
You sound as though you're about as trusting as I am - basically I don't
trust anybody, anywhere, anytime apart from me, and that's only because I
have insider information as to what I'm thinking.:-)


Our swamp is lying if their mouth are moving. Our news
media spins and twists and outright
makes things up (fake news).


You're describing Brietbart, Fox, and the other right-wing liars,
right?

--
Tim Slattery
tim at risingdove dot com
  #36  
Old December 5th 17, 10:18 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
Doomsdrzej[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 101
Default Kasperski

On Tue, 05 Dec 2017 13:19:32 -0500, Tim Slattery
wrote:

T wrote:

On 12/04/2017 12:18 AM, Bob Henson wrote:
You sound as though you're about as trusting as I am - basically I don't
trust anybody, anywhere, anytime apart from me, and that's only because I
have insider information as to what I'm thinking.:-)


Our swamp is lying if their mouth are moving. Our news
media spins and twists and outright
makes things up (fake news).


You're describing Brietbart, Fox, and the other right-wing liars,
right?


Another idiot.

Just the other day, ABC put out the news that Trump had asked Flynn to
contact Russia while he was a candidate. Was that a lie by Breitbart,
Fox or others?

What about the Russian collusion story that CNN, MSNBC and the
Democrats have put out where "the evidence is mounting" yet none
actually exists to lead to any kind of charge against Trump or even
the Republicans?

In reality, liberals are perverts, pedophiles and thieves. Let's not
forget that the Clintons became multi-millionaires after leaving
office and that liberals in general seem to be accused of sexual
assault on a daily basis whether it's Weinstein in Hollywood, Franken
in the Senate or Conyers in Congress. Need we mention Ben Affleck and
Dustin Hoffman, both liberals?

Face it, you've got nothing. Liberalism is a mental illness and you're
proof of it.
  #37  
Old December 6th 17, 09:10 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
T
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,369
Default Kasperski

On 12/05/2017 01:18 PM, Doomsdrzej wrote:
On Tue, 05 Dec 2017 13:19:32 -0500, Tim Slattery
wrote:

T wrote:

On 12/04/2017 12:18 AM, Bob Henson wrote:
You sound as though you're about as trusting as I am - basically I don't
trust anybody, anywhere, anytime apart from me, and that's only because I
have insider information as to what I'm thinking.:-)

Our swamp is lying if their mouth are moving. Our news
media spins and twists and outright
makes things up (fake news).


You're describing Brietbart, Fox, and the other right-wing liars,
right?


Another idiot.

Just the other day, ABC put out the news that Trump had asked Flynn to
contact Russia while he was a candidate. Was that a lie by Breitbart,
Fox or others?

What about the Russian collusion story that CNN, MSNBC and the
Democrats have put out where "the evidence is mounting" yet none
actually exists to lead to any kind of charge against Trump or even
the Republicans?

In reality, liberals are perverts, pedophiles and thieves. Let's not
forget that the Clintons became multi-millionaires after leaving
office and that liberals in general seem to be accused of sexual
assault on a daily basis whether it's Weinstein in Hollywood, Franken
in the Senate or Conyers in Congress. Need we mention Ben Affleck and
Dustin Hoffman, both liberals?

Face it, you've got nothing. Liberalism is a mental illness and you're
proof of it.


Beautiful description.

Left wingers need to publish a Rosetta stone for their prose.

"liar": I disagree with you and do not like you.
"racist": I disagree with you and do not like you.

None of the above mean you are an actual liar or racist. It just
means you violated Gleichschaltung and dared to think for yourself.

And don't forget to blame the other guy for what you do (Fox and
Breitbart are the liars, ya right). Would that be their Uncle
Goebbels or Rules for Radicals or both? Not much difference.


  #38  
Old December 6th 17, 02:22 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
Doomsdrzej[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 101
Default Kasperski

On Wed, 6 Dec 2017 00:10:36 -0800, T wrote:

On 12/05/2017 01:18 PM, Doomsdrzej wrote:
On Tue, 05 Dec 2017 13:19:32 -0500, Tim Slattery
wrote:

T wrote:

On 12/04/2017 12:18 AM, Bob Henson wrote:
You sound as though you're about as trusting as I am - basically I don't
trust anybody, anywhere, anytime apart from me, and that's only because I
have insider information as to what I'm thinking.:-)

Our swamp is lying if their mouth are moving. Our news
media spins and twists and outright
makes things up (fake news).

You're describing Brietbart, Fox, and the other right-wing liars,
right?


Another idiot.

Just the other day, ABC put out the news that Trump had asked Flynn to
contact Russia while he was a candidate. Was that a lie by Breitbart,
Fox or others?

What about the Russian collusion story that CNN, MSNBC and the
Democrats have put out where "the evidence is mounting" yet none
actually exists to lead to any kind of charge against Trump or even
the Republicans?

In reality, liberals are perverts, pedophiles and thieves. Let's not
forget that the Clintons became multi-millionaires after leaving
office and that liberals in general seem to be accused of sexual
assault on a daily basis whether it's Weinstein in Hollywood, Franken
in the Senate or Conyers in Congress. Need we mention Ben Affleck and
Dustin Hoffman, both liberals?

Face it, you've got nothing. Liberalism is a mental illness and you're
proof of it.


Beautiful description.

Left wingers need to publish a Rosetta stone for their prose.

"liar": I disagree with you and do not like you.
"racist": I disagree with you and do not like you.

None of the above mean you are an actual liar or racist. It just
means you violated Gleichschaltung and dared to think for yourself.

And don't forget to blame the other guy for what you do (Fox and
Breitbart are the liars, ya right). Would that be their Uncle
Goebbels or Rules for Radicals or both? Not much difference.


The funny thing about Fox News is that it has only _recently_ become
available to people here in Canada and only then, on certain cable
systems only. As a result, when pigs like Michael Moore claimed that
the only thing the channel did was lie, we had no choice but to take
his word for it.

Meanwhile, my wife and I have subscribed to it last year and so far,
it is the most honest news agency on television. Whereas CNN, MSNBC
and the networks are constantly claiming that everything Trump does
(even eating two desserts) is controversial and unbecoming of a
president, Fox News actually analyzes what's going on and gives you
details that you can verify on your own to be true. The only drawback
about its news is that whereas they make an excellent case for
liberals being thieves or perverts, the justice system does very
little about actually arresting these criminal. It's basically like
watching an excellent movie every day and ending up with the typical
ending to a 80s comedy (everybody is happy in their ignorance and they
dance to some generic rock tune).
  #39  
Old December 6th 17, 05:03 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
Doomsdrzej[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 101
Default Kasperski

On Wed, 6 Dec 2017 09:09:37 -0500, Wolf K
wrote:

On 2017-12-06 03:10, T wrote:
[...]
None of the above mean you are an actual liar or racist.* It just
means you violated Gleichschaltung and dared to think for yourself.

[...]

Pots calling kettles black.

Tiresome.


Quiet, liberal.
  #40  
Old December 6th 17, 06:52 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
T
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,369
Default Kasperski

On 12/06/2017 08:33 AM, Wolf K wrote:
On 2017-12-06 11:03, Doomsdrzej wrote:
On Wed, 6 Dec 2017 09:09:37 -0500, Wolf K
wrote:

On 2017-12-06 03:10, T wrote:
[...]
None of the above mean you are an actual liar or racist.* It just
means you violated Gleichschaltung and dared to think for yourself.
[...]

Pots calling kettles black.

Tiresome.


Quiet, liberal.


ROTFLMAO

You have no idea. Or ideas, for that metter.


Go practice your goose stepping.
  #41  
Old December 6th 17, 06:55 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
T
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,369
Default Kasperski

On 12/06/2017 05:22 AM, Doomsdrzej wrote:
On Wed, 6 Dec 2017 00:10:36 -0800, T wrote:

On 12/05/2017 01:18 PM, Doomsdrzej wrote:
On Tue, 05 Dec 2017 13:19:32 -0500, Tim Slattery
wrote:

T wrote:

On 12/04/2017 12:18 AM, Bob Henson wrote:
You sound as though you're about as trusting as I am - basically I don't
trust anybody, anywhere, anytime apart from me, and that's only because I
have insider information as to what I'm thinking.:-)

Our swamp is lying if their mouth are moving. Our news
media spins and twists and outright
makes things up (fake news).

You're describing Brietbart, Fox, and the other right-wing liars,
right?

Another idiot.

Just the other day, ABC put out the news that Trump had asked Flynn to
contact Russia while he was a candidate. Was that a lie by Breitbart,
Fox or others?

What about the Russian collusion story that CNN, MSNBC and the
Democrats have put out where "the evidence is mounting" yet none
actually exists to lead to any kind of charge against Trump or even
the Republicans?

In reality, liberals are perverts, pedophiles and thieves. Let's not
forget that the Clintons became multi-millionaires after leaving
office and that liberals in general seem to be accused of sexual
assault on a daily basis whether it's Weinstein in Hollywood, Franken
in the Senate or Conyers in Congress. Need we mention Ben Affleck and
Dustin Hoffman, both liberals?

Face it, you've got nothing. Liberalism is a mental illness and you're
proof of it.


Beautiful description.

Left wingers need to publish a Rosetta stone for their prose.

"liar": I disagree with you and do not like you.
"racist": I disagree with you and do not like you.

None of the above mean you are an actual liar or racist. It just
means you violated Gleichschaltung and dared to think for yourself.

And don't forget to blame the other guy for what you do (Fox and
Breitbart are the liars, ya right). Would that be their Uncle
Goebbels or Rules for Radicals or both? Not much difference.


The funny thing about Fox News is that it has only _recently_ become
available to people here in Canada and only then, on certain cable
systems only. As a result, when pigs like Michael Moore claimed that
the only thing the channel did was lie, we had no choice but to take
his word for it.

Meanwhile, my wife and I have subscribed to it last year and so far,
it is the most honest news agency on television. Whereas CNN, MSNBC
and the networks are constantly claiming that everything Trump does
(even eating two desserts) is controversial and unbecoming of a
president, Fox News actually analyzes what's going on and gives you
details that you can verify on your own to be true. The only drawback
about its news is that whereas they make an excellent case for
liberals being thieves or perverts, the justice system does very
little about actually arresting these criminal. It's basically like
watching an excellent movie every day and ending up with the typical
ending to a 80s comedy (everybody is happy in their ignorance and they
dance to some generic rock tune).


Ya! Surprise when the news doesn't get spun through political
lenses. Who, What, Where, When, and Why.

You are right. There is one law for the swamp and one law for
the rest of us. It is corruption plain and simple. This
must change.
  #42  
Old December 6th 17, 08:08 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
dogs
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default Kasperski

On 12/05/2017 10:19 AM, Tim Slattery wrote:
T wrote:

Our swamp is lying if their mouth are moving. Our news
media spins and twists and outright
makes things up (fake news).


You're describing Brietbart, Fox, and the other right-wing liars,
right?


http://thehill.com/homenews/news/362569-rasmussen-poll-americans-give-fox-news-the-fake-news-trophy


--
With Linux powering all of the world's Top 500 Supercomputers,
satisfaction is at an all-time high.
  #43  
Old December 6th 17, 09:48 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
Doomsdrzej[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 101
Default Kasperski

On Wed, 6 Dec 2017 11:33:00 -0500, Wolf K
wrote:

On 2017-12-06 11:03, Doomsdrzej wrote:
On Wed, 6 Dec 2017 09:09:37 -0500, Wolf K
wrote:

On 2017-12-06 03:10, T wrote:
[...]
None of the above mean you are an actual liar or racist.* It just
means you violated Gleichschaltung and dared to think for yourself.
[...]

Pots calling kettles black.

Tiresome.


Quiet, liberal.


ROTFLMAO

You have no idea. Or ideas, for that metter.


Says the guy who follows a party which, in Canada, has a leader that
China just called "little potato" since they don't respect him at all.

It also happens to be the party which voted _against_ denouncing ISIS
and its members because that somehow makes sense.

If you say that you follow the NDP, that's even worse.
  #44  
Old December 7th 17, 12:26 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
wasbit[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 66
Default Kasperski

On 2017-12-06 03:10, T wrote:
[...]
None of the above mean you are an actual liar or racist. It just
means you violated Gleichschaltung and dared to think for yourself.
[...]

Pots calling kettles black.

Tiresome.

Quiet, liberal.


ROTFLMAO

You have no idea. Or ideas, for that metter.


Go practice your goose stepping.


That's offensive.
Plonk.

Regards
wasbit
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off






All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 PCbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.