A Windows XP help forum. PCbanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PCbanter forum » Microsoft Windows XP » Windows XP Help and Support
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Black Screen??? Help

Old June 15th 05, 02:26 PM

First recorded activity by PCbanter: Jun 2005
Unhappy Black Screen??? Help

i don't know to explain this but here goes... my dell laptop keeps going to a black screen after it boots up everything is still running in the back(i can hear it) but i can't see it... the screen works fine; shows that windows is loading and then shows my desktop then before i can use it after its finished loading it goes Black.

i don't know if this makes a difference but before this happened i was clicking on the "Fn" key(light purple key) b/c i was trying to turn off the scroll lock but i may have clicked something to do this. CAN ANYONE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME
Ads
Old June 17th 05, 05:55 PM

First recorded activity by PCbanter: Jun 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by defrenza
i don't know to explain this but here goes... my dell laptop keeps going to a black screen after it boots up everything is still running in the back(i can hear it) but i can't see it... the screen works fine; shows that windows is loading and then shows my desktop then before i can use it after its finished loading it goes Black.

i don't know if this makes a difference but before this happened i was clicking on the "Fn" key(light purple key) b/c i was trying to turn off the scroll lock but i may have clicked something to do this. CAN ANYONE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME
This always happens to my dell laptop, it was when i lent on my keyboard, i just booted it up couple of times