A Windows XP help forum. PCbanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PCbanter forum » Windows 10 » Windows 10 Help Forum
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Reason *TO* pick on Windows 10



 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #211  
Old March 15th 19, 02:15 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
Paul[_32_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 8,777
Default Reason *TO* pick on Windows 10

Rene Lamontagne wrote:


Where do you buy copper mesh? :-)

Rene


There are kooky websites.

http://www.lessemf.com/personal.html

Nothing will get you, if you wear this stuff.

https://lessemf.com/images/a279-1.jpg

Even the person modeling that items, thinks so.

Paul

Ads
  #212  
Old March 15th 19, 02:53 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
Rene Lamontagne
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,800
Default Reason *TO* pick on Windows 10

On 03/14/2019 9:15 PM, Paul wrote:
Rene Lamontagne wrote:


Where do you buy copper mesh? :-)

Rene


There are kooky websites.

http://www.lessemf.com/personal.html

Nothing will get you, if you wear this stuff.

https://lessemf.com/images/a279-1.jpg

Even the person modeling that items, thinks so.

┬*┬* Paul


Holy crap Batman! do you mean people actually buy and wear this stuff?

Rene

  #213  
Old March 15th 19, 04:14 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
Eric Stevens
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 375
Default Reason *TO* pick on Windows 10

On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 19:38:13 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I typically see connection speed of 300-700 megabits on wireless-AC.
Pretty good but still not as fast as a wired gigabit connection.
Doesn't make much difference for most internet use. It does make a
difference when transferring large files between your PC and a local
server or if your use case requires the least possible latency.

Is this the number on the connection setup page?
Or is it the actual USABLE data transfer rate where it actually matters
40 feet away from the router and your neighbor's wifi is closer than yours?
Or in the apartment building with 10 other people trying to use the channel?


I hope nospam reads this. This is similar to the situation my wifi
suffers from but he would not accept that this can be a problem.


your wifi suffers because you're using a 10 year old misconfigured
router, as i explained before and which you continue to ignore.

neighbor interference is *not* why you're having problems.


I love the certainty!
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens
  #214  
Old March 15th 19, 04:16 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
Eric Stevens
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 375
Default Reason *TO* pick on Windows 10

On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 19:41:45 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I wish you guys were around when I was arging this general topic with
nospam in re.photo.digital.

what you were arguing about was based on your very outdated 10 year old
802.11n 1x1 router, which can do about 70mb/s on a good day.


THat wasn't the point at all, but I know better than to try and tell
you what I was actually saying.


you linked the user manual, which is where i got the information, not
from anything you said.

are you now claiming you have a *different* router?


What on earth are you smoking? Your thoughts seem to be more than
usually addled.
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens
  #215  
Old March 15th 19, 05:03 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
Mike
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 173
Default Reason *TO* pick on Windows 10 fedora

On 3/14/2019 3:58 PM, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
T wrote:
On 3/14/19 4:12 AM, Mike wrote:
Like┬*I┬*said,┬*it's┬*the┬*latest┬*version┬*on┬*th eir┬*download┬*page┬*last┬*night.
Furthermore, it don't matter.┬* ALL spins should download and install
without┬*incident.

This┬*is┬*NOT┬*an┬*isolated┬*incident.┬*┬*It's┬*la ck┬*of┬*attention┬*to┬*detail
across┬*the┬*whole┬*desktop┬*linux┬*onion┬*of┬*cha os.


Without details of what you are using, I can't help.

Nothing is perfect in life, especially software.
Linux is no exception.

Stick with u-booboo and Fedora and the mistakes
are kept to a minimum.

The chaos is Linux is far less than Windows 10.┬* Yikes.
Did you read the eight reason from the original post?
For starters, the updates don't hose your system.


Chaos is Mike's middle name. He is always railing on about "Linux
Chaos", meanwhile anyone having to use Windows dreads the 6 month chaos
with fingers crossed in hopes that the update does break something
essential.


True dat. Maybe windows chaos will overtake linux chaos.
But, there is a difference.
With MS, it's just messed up. It will get fixed well enough that
the world keeps turning. There are forces driving it toward an
objective.

With desktop linux, the forces are driving it apart. How are a hundred
distros helping? The ONLY reason for another distro is to be different.
If you believe the hype, it's all the same stuff, just thrown together
in another seemingly random way. And it's a hundred percent
unnecessary. So much resource consumed making it worse.
You should be able to write a script to make anything look like anything
else. You need ONE repository. Then you only need one distro. And the
will
to banish the chaos.
But, if you remove ego from the equation, why would anybody write free
software for a free desktop OS that isn't managed and few people care
about. That's why it's called chaos.

  #216  
Old March 15th 19, 05:14 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
Mike
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 173
Default Reason *TO* pick on Windows 10

On 3/14/2019 3:34 PM, Andr-o-Mat wrote:
On 2019-03-13 7:26 a.m., Mike wrote:
On 3/12/2019 6:21 PM, T wrote:
On 3/12/19 2:53 AM, Mike wrote:
It's┬*not┬*at┬*all┬*whether┬*linux┬*is┬*technicall y┬*superior.
It's┬*about┬*what┬*the┬*user┬*can┬*get┬*done┬*so┬* he┬*can┬*get┬*on
with┬*other┬*stuff┬*in┬*his┬*life.

I can't disagree.┬* It does not matter how technically
superior Linux is if you can't get your work done
on it.

┬*From what I see, my customer never know what OS they are
running as they don't care.┬* I have to remote in and
look for myself.

The customer could care lees if they were running the
Flaming Zucchini OS, as long as they got their work done.
We IT folks are a little bit more "picky".

I only run one app that requires a Windows virtual
machine: Go TO Assist.┬* I bitch a lot about it
to them.

As far as your test goes, if you are use to Linux, then your
would find it hard to do things on Windows.┬* Often times it
is what you know.

Look at all the Apples users out there.┬* They HATE Windows
and can't get Windows to do anything they want.┬* It is
because they have learned to do it the Apple way and
CAN'T LEARN ANYTHING NEW.┬* Just like those use to Windows.

It's not all about 'can't'.
I'm sure I CAN learn to drive a car with the steering wheel
on the right side.
I'm confident that it will get me where I need to go with almost
as much safety...up until I have an emergency that relies on
experience and muscle memory.
I can always get out of the car and walk around to the payment robot
at the car park.
BUT WHY would I go out of my way to do so for no perceived benefit?

The world runs on local standards.
People resist change.
Desktop linux violates both by intent.


Let me rephrase that.
The world runs on existing conditions at the current location.

Linux actually tries to respect standards. Microsoft is the one that
usually breaks those standards and relies on its operating system's
popularity to rewrite the standard to its benefit.


Yes, now you have verbalized why desktop linux ain't a threat to the big
dog,
Windows.
It's not FAIR. It's probably illegal. But the world is better off than
if the desktop had been unmanaged by disorganized individual hobbyists
with disjoint self-interests.

If you want to appeal to windows refugees, you gots to do what it takes
to smooth the transition. Yelling, "You're too stupid to use the
massively superior desktop linux," ain't helpful.
There is nothing that you can do to make MS do anything...except maybe
**** them off so they stomp you into the ground.
The best you can hope for is to emulate what they do. But don't be too
successful or they'll stomp you into the ground.
And that's why there's little competition. The risk/reward ratio is
unfavorable. You're gonna get stomped into the ground.

If somebody tried to enter your home without permission, I bet you'd
be trying to stomp them into the ground. EXACTLY THE SAME CONCEPT.



  #217  
Old March 15th 19, 07:45 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
Paul[_32_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 8,777
Default Reason *TO* pick on Windows 10

Rene Lamontagne wrote:
On 03/14/2019 9:15 PM, Paul wrote:
Rene Lamontagne wrote:


Where do you buy copper mesh? :-)

Rene


There are kooky websites.

http://www.lessemf.com/personal.html

Nothing will get you, if you wear this stuff.

https://lessemf.com/images/a279-1.jpg

Even the person modeling that items, thinks so.

Paul


Holy crap Batman! do you mean people actually buy and wear this stuff?

Rene


Only to Knights-Of-The-Round_Table conventions :-)

I haven't seen any of "those people" riding the bus.

Paul
  #218  
Old March 15th 19, 01:26 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
Jonathan N. Little[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 773
Default Reason *TO* pick on Windows 10

nospam wrote:
In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

It's silly to use wireless
if you don't have to.

As a Radio Design engineer before doing this stuff, I can
only say "well stated"


I wish you guys were around when I was arging this general topic with
nospam in re.photo.digital.


what you were arguing about was based on your very outdated 10 year old
802.11n 1x1 router, which can do about 70mb/s on a good day.

your mistake is assuming that because your setup is slow, all wifi is
slow. that is simply not true.

modern wifi equipment is substantially faster than what you have.

https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/imag...sus_rtac86u/as
us_rtac86u_5ghz_peak_dn.jpg


Put a wall or two between and I will challenge you to the speed verses
my cable to my 1G switch...

Also for folks who live in more densely packed domiciles like apartment
buildings where SSIDs swarm like gnats...


and then there's the convenience of wireless.


Basically the only thing in the plus column.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
  #219  
Old March 15th 19, 01:59 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
Mayayana
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5,346
Default Reason *TO* pick on Windows 10

"Jonathan N. Little" wrote

| Also for folks who live in more densely packed domiciles like apartment
| buildings where SSIDs swarm like gnats...
|

And in older buildings. After plaster and lath,
before gypsum drywall, the popular method was
mortar on metal lath, especially around WW2 era.
It's basically a concrete wall with a sheet of
embedded steel.
Brick chimneys... cast iron toilet drain pipes...
multi-floor residences.... All problems that don't
exist in a modern ranch house or open floor
plan apt.

We live on 3 stories, with
the router on the first floor in a corner office.
My machine is on the second floor. I set up a
jack for laptops in the attic room. I think 100' of
cable was either $50 or $70 at Home Depot.
(HD and Lowes are much cheaper for cables and
connectors if they carry them. At Staples, Best
Buy, or a computer store they're high-tech
equipment and the mark-up on cables is crazy.
At Home Depot/Lowes they're just electrical parts.)

Of course, wiring situations vary. And many people
don't feel capable to run wires. So it *can* get
expensive. The nice thing about old houses is there
are plenty of places to snake a wire. I went across the
unfinished cellar ceiling and up beside the sewer drain/
stink pipe to reach the attic, using 10' plastic electrical
conduit that cost about $1 each and fit into each other,
end to end.


  #220  
Old March 15th 19, 02:47 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
Rene Lamontagne
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,800
Default Reason *TO* pick on Windows 10

On 03/15/2019 2:45 AM, Paul wrote:
Rene Lamontagne wrote:
On 03/14/2019 9:15 PM, Paul wrote:
Rene Lamontagne wrote:


Where do you buy copper mesh? :-)

Rene

There are kooky websites.

http://www.lessemf.com/personal.html

Nothing will get you, if you wear this stuff.

https://lessemf.com/images/a279-1.jpg

Even the person modeling that items, thinks so.

┬*┬*┬* Paul


Holy crap Batman! do you mean people actually buy and wear this stuff?

Rene


Only to Knights-Of-The-Round_Table conventions :-)

I haven't seen any of "those people" riding the bus.

┬*┬* Paul


That last image with the chainmail hoodie might be more effective
against Killer bees, Of course you would also need a one inch thick
Lexan face mask. :-)


Rene


  #221  
Old March 15th 19, 04:09 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
Jonathan N. Little[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 773
Default Reason *TO* pick on Windows 10

Mayayana wrote:
"Jonathan N. Little" wrote

| Also for folks who live in more densely packed domiciles like apartment
| buildings where SSIDs swarm like gnats...
|

And in older buildings. After plaster and lath,
before gypsum drywall, the popular method was
mortar on metal lath, especially around WW2 era.
It's basically a concrete wall with a sheet of
embedded steel.
Brick chimneys... cast iron toilet drain pipes...
multi-floor residences.... All problems that don't
exist in a modern ranch house or open floor
plan apt.

We live on 3 stories, with
the router on the first floor in a corner office.
My machine is on the second floor. I set up a
jack for laptops in the attic room. I think 100' of
cable was either $50 or $70 at Home Depot.


That sad thing is you can pickup a 1000ft spool for the same price. A
little biy of time and effort and wire the whole house, albeit much
easier at construction than afterwards.

(HD and Lowes are much cheaper for cables and
connectors if they carry them. At Staples, Best
Buy, or a computer store they're high-tech
equipment and the mark-up on cables is crazy.
At Home Depot/Lowes they're just electrical parts.)


Online even cheaper.


Of course, wiring situations vary. And many people
don't feel capable to run wires. So it *can* get
expensive. The nice thing about old houses is there
are plenty of places to snake a wire. I went across the
unfinished cellar ceiling and up beside the sewer drain/
stink pipe to reach the attic, using 10' plastic electrical
conduit that cost about $1 each and fit into each other,
end to end.


If you have a cellar or attic routing not too hard. Sticking to inside
walls also helps.


--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
  #222  
Old March 15th 19, 10:22 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
Paul[_32_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 8,777
Default Reason *TO* pick on Windows 10

Rene Lamontagne wrote:
On 03/15/2019 2:45 AM, Paul wrote:
Rene Lamontagne wrote:
On 03/14/2019 9:15 PM, Paul wrote:
Rene Lamontagne wrote:


Where do you buy copper mesh? :-)

Rene

There are kooky websites.

http://www.lessemf.com/personal.html

Nothing will get you, if you wear this stuff.

https://lessemf.com/images/a279-1.jpg

Even the person modeling that items, thinks so.

Paul


Holy crap Batman! do you mean people actually buy and wear this stuff?

Rene


Only to Knights-Of-The-Round_Table conventions :-)

I haven't seen any of "those people" riding the bus.

Paul


That last image with the chainmail hoodie might be more effective
against Killer bees, Of course you would also need a one inch thick
Lexan face mask. :-)


Rene


I just liked the look on the models face.
Like they weren't buying into it or something.

For killer bees, you're supposed to put more layers
of chain mail until it's thick enough. Maybe a dozen of
those would be enough.

*******

Back in school, the grad students in the physics department,
used to set up a card table and a chair inside one of these
and "do their homework". They used to claim, with
a smirk on their face, that it was "quieter in there" :-)
Several of the labs had these (looked a bit nicer than
this one). And rather than do experiments in there, the
cages were re-purposed with a card table and chair.

https://www.copper-mesh.com/images/c...raday-cage.jpg

When I left university, they were just in the process of
bringing 4'x8' steel plates into the lab area. They were
planning on building an entire room by welding the steel plates
together. I expect there would be a lineup of grad
students, wishing to "do their homework" in there. Don't
ask me what the steel plates were supposed to block.
Maybe the silver mesh underwear wasn't working or
something. And it's a lot of effort every day,
crafting a new tinfoil hat for yourself. A
room with solid steel walls is so much more
practical.

I would love to see how that room turned out,
and what "decorative touches" they added to it.
Like, a ventilation system.

Paul
  #223  
Old March 16th 19, 12:40 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
Rene Lamontagne
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,800
Default Reason *TO* pick on Windows 10

On 03/15/2019 5:22 PM, Paul wrote:
Rene Lamontagne wrote:
On 03/15/2019 2:45 AM, Paul wrote:
Rene Lamontagne wrote:
On 03/14/2019 9:15 PM, Paul wrote:
Rene Lamontagne wrote:


Where do you buy copper mesh? :-)

Rene

There are kooky websites.

http://www.lessemf.com/personal.html

Nothing will get you, if you wear this stuff.

https://lessemf.com/images/a279-1.jpg

Even the person modeling that items, thinks so.

┬*┬*┬* Paul


Holy crap Batman! do you mean people actually buy and wear this stuff?

Rene


Only to Knights-Of-The-Round_Table conventions :-)

I haven't seen any of "those people" riding the bus.

┬*┬*┬* Paul


That last image with the chainmail hoodie might be more effective
against Killer bees, Of course you would also need a one inch thick
Lexan face mask.┬* :-)


Rene


I just liked the look on the models face.
Like they weren't buying into it or something.

For killer bees, you're supposed to put more layers
of chain mail until it's thick enough. Maybe a dozen of
those would be enough.

*******

Back in school, the grad students in the physics department,
used to set up a card table and a chair inside one of these
and "do their homework". They used to claim, with
a smirk on their face, that it was "quieter in there" :-)
Several of the labs had these (looked a bit nicer than
this one). And rather than do experiments in there, the
cages were re-purposed with a card table and chair.

https://www.copper-mesh.com/images/c...raday-cage.jpg

When I left university, they were just in the process of
bringing 4'x8' steel plates into the lab area. They were
planning on building an entire room by welding the steel plates
together. I expect there would be a lineup of grad
students, wishing to "do their homework" in there. Don't
ask me what the steel plates were supposed to block.
Maybe the silver mesh underwear wasn't working or
something. And it's a lot of effort every day,
crafting a new tinfoil hat for yourself. A
room with solid steel walls is so much more
practical.

I would love to see how that room turned out,
and what "decorative touches" they added to it.
Like, a ventilation system.

┬*┬* Paul


And a little light. (or a big light).
Back in the 70's I worked a part time job for a TV repair shop to help
put food on the table, I was always handed the dogs that the other techs
had tried to repair and in many cases had twiddled the various
transformer cores to try and get decent colour and then passed them on
to me. Well by then they in variously needed a complete colour
alignment, end to end.
My test gear, Scope, Sweep and crystal marker generators, VTVM and
colour bar generators all sat on the bench and I would haul the chassis
and work on it there. For some reason which I couldn't resolve every
time some one passed near my equipment my scope traces would jump and
crawl all over the place making it impossible to do a proper alignment,I
tried all sorts of grounding and switching power outlets for both the
gear and the TV set to no avail.
Well it finely turned out I built a Faraday cage about 2x2x4 feet on
castors with Dexion iron and covered with copper mesh with only a small
opening for all the test leads to come through.
Well that did the job to my relief.

Rene


  #224  
Old March 16th 19, 01:41 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
Paul[_32_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 8,777
Default Reason *TO* pick on Windows 10

Rene Lamontagne wrote:
On 03/15/2019 5:22 PM, Paul wrote:
Rene Lamontagne wrote:
On 03/15/2019 2:45 AM, Paul wrote:
Rene Lamontagne wrote:
On 03/14/2019 9:15 PM, Paul wrote:
Rene Lamontagne wrote:


Where do you buy copper mesh? :-)

Rene

There are kooky websites.

http://www.lessemf.com/personal.html

Nothing will get you, if you wear this stuff.

https://lessemf.com/images/a279-1.jpg

Even the person modeling that items, thinks so.

Paul


Holy crap Batman! do you mean people actually buy and wear this stuff?

Rene


Only to Knights-Of-The-Round_Table conventions :-)

I haven't seen any of "those people" riding the bus.

Paul

That last image with the chainmail hoodie might be more effective
against Killer bees, Of course you would also need a one inch thick
Lexan face mask. :-)


Rene


I just liked the look on the models face.
Like they weren't buying into it or something.

For killer bees, you're supposed to put more layers
of chain mail until it's thick enough. Maybe a dozen of
those would be enough.

*******

Back in school, the grad students in the physics department,
used to set up a card table and a chair inside one of these
and "do their homework". They used to claim, with
a smirk on their face, that it was "quieter in there" :-)
Several of the labs had these (looked a bit nicer than
this one). And rather than do experiments in there, the
cages were re-purposed with a card table and chair.

https://www.copper-mesh.com/images/c...raday-cage.jpg

When I left university, they were just in the process of
bringing 4'x8' steel plates into the lab area. They were
planning on building an entire room by welding the steel plates
together. I expect there would be a lineup of grad
students, wishing to "do their homework" in there. Don't
ask me what the steel plates were supposed to block.
Maybe the silver mesh underwear wasn't working or
something. And it's a lot of effort every day,
crafting a new tinfoil hat for yourself. A
room with solid steel walls is so much more
practical.

I would love to see how that room turned out,
and what "decorative touches" they added to it.
Like, a ventilation system.

Paul


And a little light. (or a big light).
Back in the 70's I worked a part time job for a TV repair shop to help
put food on the table, I was always handed the dogs that the other techs
had tried to repair and in many cases had twiddled the various
transformer cores to try and get decent colour and then passed them on
to me. Well by then they in variously needed a complete colour
alignment, end to end.
My test gear, Scope, Sweep and crystal marker generators, VTVM and
colour bar generators all sat on the bench and I would haul the chassis
and work on it there. For some reason which I couldn't resolve every
time some one passed near my equipment my scope traces would jump and
crawl all over the place making it impossible to do a proper alignment,I
tried all sorts of grounding and switching power outlets for both the
gear and the TV set to no avail.
Well it finely turned out I built a Faraday cage about 2x2x4 feet on
castors with Dexion iron and covered with copper mesh with only a small
opening for all the test leads to come through.
Well that did the job to my relief.

Rene


The flyback works a bit like a Tesla coil, in that
you can hold a fluorescent tube near the side of a
chassis, and the tube will light up. But it also implies
that an object passing though that field, might throw
off the parameters of the circuit a tiny bit.

It could have been inducing stuff into the
ground of the test leads. Making sensitive measurements
requires positioning the cabling for least pickup.
Which is one reason I concluded for some kinds of
measurements "why bother, it's only going to foul up" :-)
Some things, it's just better not to know. Which is
worse for your career ? Making measurements that
just aren't right, and the numbers are bull****.
Or not making the measurement at all ?

If you have "balanced pickups" it's different. We had
differential scope probes at work, a few thousand bucks,
which were a bit more resistant to that sort of thing.
But the average piece of lab equipment will come with the
default single-ended probes. (And doing A - B using
the buttons on the scope, won't do.) You need *deep* *deep*
pockets, to have any real fun in the lab. I really
appreciated having at least one or two good lead
sets to work with in the lab. Not just a 465 with
some single ended crap that could only measure
multi-volt high signals. The default probes are good
for lots of work. But the thousands of dollars probe
sets are necessary for some kinds of work.

The best toy to play with, was the diff amp for a 7000
series back in school. You could grab the diff input
probes, one per hand, and pick up your heart beat. As
the gain would work down to 1mV levels. And at damn close
to DC, to see your heart. I don't think it had quite
enough gain for brain waves (would need another 10x gain).
We had lots of toys for 7000s at work, but never that
particular module. So I couldn't do heart measurements
at work :-)

Paul
  #225  
Old March 16th 19, 02:35 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
Mike Easter
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 784
Default Reason *TO* pick on Windows 10

Paul wrote:
There are kooky websites.

http://www.lessemf.com/personal.html

Nothing will get you, if you wear this stuff.

https://lessemf.com/images/a279-1.jpg


That site naturally has a page for arousing concern:
http://www.lessemf.com/emf-news.html

.... with a specific section for health effects with gobs of citations.

I wondered what the wp article would say. Since it didn't even get into
controversy about EMF in the main article, I tho't maybe that would come
up in the Talk section. There wasn't even much there except one
contributor gave citations to read at WHO, CDC, NIH, and FCC/EPA.

His commentary was also useful, "The section should be re-formatted as
an explanation of the public concern and reasons, versus the wealth of
scientific research on the topic, indicating that precautionary
guidelines have been issued based on public concerns, not on evidence
that there is any evidence suggesting a real health concern. - It should
also have an explanation of the nocebo effect's effect on the research."

.... where nocebo is defined as: A nocebo effect is said to occur when
negative expectations of the patient regarding a treatment cause the
treatment to have a more negative effect than it otherwise would have.

s/treatment/emf exposure/

That is, the same people who are shopping at lessemf are possibly
suffering the ill-effects of their concern about emf, NOT emf.

--
Mike Easter
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off






All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ę2004-2019 PCbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.