A Windows XP help forum. PCbanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PCbanter forum » Microsoft Windows XP » Windows XP Help and Support
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

login then just wallpaper ? HELP

Old September 1st 11, 09:41 PM

First recorded activity by PCbanter: Oct 2005
Question login then just wallpaper ? HELP

i had alcomrg.exe windows cannot find file when xp booted to desktop
so i ran malware antibytes it didnt find the file, so i loaded a startup manager
to remove the entry alcomrg.exe, i also turned off system restore, then rebooted i got to login password typed it in then i could hear the xp start music
windows loading personal settings then alli got was a blank screen wallpaper
and nothing else, i tried alt ctrl del but when i did that i got task manager disabled by administrator, then i rebooted into safe mode used cursor up to boot into safe mode it then took me back to login screen i put in password
then it went back to safe mode black screen and alli can see is safe mode in the four corners and no desktop, i have hirens boot cd that has mini xp is there
aything i can do please help
Ads