A Windows XP help forum. PCbanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PCbanter forum » Microsoft Windows XP » Windows XP Help and Support
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Daylight Savings Time Issues

Old March 11th 15, 02:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney
external usenet poster

Default Daylight Savings Time Issues

FYI, this particular computer uses proprietary software programs in an industrial application and cannot be upgraded past Win 2000.

What is the recommended procedure for setting the windows time (bottom right desktop) when the US goes from standard to daylight savings time in March?

Should I change the Windows clock (bottom right corner)? Any times or settings to change in IE6 or OE6? Win2000 and IE6 are both up to "date" as much as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Versions:
OE 6.00.2800.2000
IE 6.0,2800.1106
Win 2000 Prof Version 5.0 Build 2195 SP4

Ads
Old March 11th 15, 03:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Ron Hardin
external usenet poster

Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:

FYI, this particular computer uses proprietary software programs in an industrial application and cannot be upgraded past Win 2000.

What is the recommended procedure for setting the windows time (bottom right desktop) when the US goes from standard to daylight savings time in March?

Should I change the Windows clock (bottom right corner)? Any times or settings to change in IE6 or OE6? Win2000 and IE6 are both up to "date" as much as po

Thanks in advance.

Versions:
OE 6.00.2800.2000
IE 6.0,2800.1106

Changing the clock would work, with some side effects possibly owing to the time being kept internally as seconds GMT since some time probably in the 70s.

Some programs might sort something in time order (file creation dates, for example) and those might have an hour jump in them when you change the clock.

Normally DST is just a flag and doesn't change the actual 32-bit clock. The flag is used for rendering the 32-bit time to text.
--

On the internet, nobody knows you're a jerk.
Old March 12th 15, 09:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney
external usenet poster

Thanks, Ron. Here's a solution for 2000.....

"Paul" wrote in message ...
FYI, this particular computer uses proprietary software programs in
an industrial application and cannot be upgraded past Win 2000.

What is the recommended procedure for setting the windows time (bottom
right desktop) when the US goes from standard to daylight savings time
in March?

Should I change the Windows clock (bottom right corner)? Any times
or settings to change in IE6 or OE6? Win2000 and IE6 are both up to
"date" as much as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Versions:
OE 6.00.2800.2000
IE 6.0,2800.1106

When I attempted to solve that problem on my
Win2K installation, I think I used "TZEDIT".

You can get the file from here. The download
link seems to have been captured OK.

http://web.archive.org/web/200706100.../timezone.html

Paul

Thanks a lot, Paul! This was quick and easy. After I set the new time change dates, I set the clock to 1:59:50am on the current change day and it advanced the time as it should. Then set time and date back to current.

Looks like this program was from 2007. Interesting that Microsoft didn't include a fix for that in an update -- or maybe they had stopped updating 2000 by then and were pushing a new OS.

Thanks again!!!!

Snuffy

"Ron Hardin" wrote in message ...

Should I change the Windows clock (bottom right corner)? Any times or settings to change in IE6 or OE6? Win2000 and IE6 are both up to "date" as much as po

Thanks in advance.

Versions:
OE 6.00.2800.2000
IE 6.0,2800.1106

Changing the clock would work, with some side effects possibly owing to the time being kept internally as seconds GMT since some time probably in the 70s.

Some programs might sort something in time order (file creation dates, for example) and those might have an hour jump in them when you change the clock.

Normally DST is just a flag and doesn't change the actual 32-bit clock. The flag is used for rendering the 32-bit time to text.
--

On the internet, nobody knows you're a jerk.