A Windows XP help forum. PCbanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PCbanter forum » Microsoft Windows XP » General XP issues or comments
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Hiding the System process in Task Manager's process list

Old May 25th 16, 12:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
No_Name
external usenet poster

Default Hiding the System process in Task Manager's process list

I want to hide the System process in the Task Manager. When you start up the computer and open Task Manager it displays the System process as you can see in the Processes tab.

When I kill the System process by pressing the Delete key or by pressing "End Process" and answering Yes, the audio gets stopped.

When I kill the System process tree, it comes up with this warning saying this is a critical system process. When the user closes Task Manager a Windows Error Reporting dialog box appears saying "taskmgr.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." with two buttons, "Send Error Report" and "Don't Send". When the user presses Send Error Report, Dr. Watson generates a crash report and displays a message saying "unknown has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created."

I need a suggestion to hide it.
Ads