A Windows XP help forum. PCbanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PCbanter forum » Microsoft Windows XP » Hardware and Windows XP
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Why doesnt my comp have a graphics slot?

Old December 5th 11, 10:32 PM

First recorded activity by PCbanter: Dec 2011
Default Why doesnt my comp have a graphics slot?

i was about to upgrade my comp with a new graphics card, but i had never checked inside so i thought i was just using built in graphics on the motherboard or something, so i open the case and there isnt a slot for a graphics card so am i missing something here? are there other types of graphics cards i can buy, im sure i heard of ones that fit into the usb slot or something? i dont have the money or the skill to start upgrading and messing about with the motherboard n the other stuff, i just wanted to insert a card and close the case so i could play swtor, a new MMO coming soon and now i cant. So my question is, is there another way to get good graphics without having to inset a card into the motherboard like are there ones you can get that fit into the usb? thanks
Ads
Old December 7th 11, 04:28 PM

First recorded activity by PCbanter: Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by alijayadv View Post
i was about to upgrade my comp with a new graphics card, but i had never checked inside so i thought i was just using built in graphics on the motherboard or something, so i open the case and there isnt a slot for a graphics card so am i missing something here? are there other types of graphics cards i can buy, im sure i heard of ones that fit into the usb slot or something? i dont have the money or the skill to start upgrading and messing about with the motherboard n the other stuff, i just wanted to insert a card and close the case so i could play swtor, a new MMO coming soon and now i cant. So my question is, is there another way to get good graphics without having to inset a card into the motherboard like are there ones you can get that fit into the usb? thanks
Sounds like you have built-in graphics on your motherboard. This doesn't mean you will see a bulging sticky-outy-in-your-face card, but the components are built onto the motherboard.

What sort of games do you play now?
Look in device manager, what do you see under graphics hardware?

We would be able to help more if we had the model number of your motherboard.