A Windows XP help forum. PCbanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PCbanter forum » Microsoft Windows XP » Windows XP Help and Support
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing status 32768



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old February 13th 05, 12:25 PM
Chris Mullineux
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing status 32768

When attempting to install XP Home on a fdisked hard drive getting the
following message

"INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing status 32768"

Any help please?

Chris



Ads
  #2  
Old February 13th 05, 02:30 PM
Carey Frisch [MVP]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing status 32768

Apparently, you are attempting to reformat your drive
the old fashioned way. Read the following for an easy
procedu

The Windows XP CD is bootable and contains all the tools necessary
to partition and format your drive. Follow this procedure and allow
Windows XP to partition and format your drive:

NOTE: It would be best to physically disconnect all your peripheral hardware
devices, except the monitor, mouse and keyboard, before installing XP.

NOTE: If you have an internal Zip Drive installed, physically disconnect the
EIDE and power cable to it before proceeding, otherwise your main
hard drive may not be assigned the customary C: drive letter.
After installing Windows XP, you may then reconnect it.

1. Open your BIOS and set your "CD Drive as the first bootable device".

=== Accessing Motherboard BIOS
=== http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

2. Insert your Windows XP CD in the CD Drive and reboot your computer.

3. You'll see a message to boot to the CD....follow the instructions.

4. The setup menu will appear and you should elect to delete all the existing
Windows partitions, then create a new partition, then format the primary
partition (preferably NTFS) and proceed to install Windows XP.

5. Clean Install Windows XP
http://michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html

[Courtesy of Michael Stevens, MS-MVP]

6. == Immediately after installing Windows XP, turn on XP's Firewall.
== http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...t/default.aspx

7. After Windows XP is installed, visit the Windows Update website
and download the available "Critical Updates".

8. After installing the critical updates, be sure and visit the support website
of the manufacturer of the computer to download and install any
available Windows XP compatible drivers, such as video adapter
and audio drivers.

9. If you happen to run into any installation difficulties, use the following resources:

How to Troubleshoot Windows XP Problems During Installation
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;310064

Troubleshooting Windows XP Setup
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_setup.htm

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Kelly Theriot]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...t/default.mspx

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Chris Mullineux" wrote:

| When attempting to install XP Home on a fdisked hard drive getting the
| following message
|
| "INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing status 32768"
|
| Any help please?
|
| Chris

  #3  
Old December 18th 09, 10:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Shenan Stanley
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10,523
Default INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing status 32768

jbear wrote:
This error message happens DURING THE WINDOWS INSTALLATION, its an
error message about a file ON THE WINDOWS CD! I just can't stand
when people have these all knowing to solutions that waste people's
time and energy. No wonder Microsoft is so messed up. I'm buying a
mac .


begin joke
I told you that would make jbear switch. Now we can all go back to normal
usage and assisting. *whew*
end joke

This May 2005 conversation (yeah - 2005 - that is not a typo):
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...373c1493e11e1/

Using techarena.in, eh? Explains it. ;-)

Know that switching to a mac, you are not eliminating issues, just bringon
on new issues and with less of a user base, thus less
commonality/troubleshooting going on. ;-)

(I own two macs and work with them frequently - I have no trouble with them
personally - love them in many ways. Just hate when people assume their
troubles will disappear if they switch to a different OS... sad.)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP
--
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html


  #4  
Old December 19th 09, 03:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
VanguardLH[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 8,610
Default INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing status 32768

jbear wrote:

This error message happens DURING THE WINDOWS INSTALLATION, its an error
message about a file ON THE WINDOWS CD! I just can't stand when people
have these all knowing to solutions that waste people's time and energy.
No wonder Microsoft is so messed up. I'm buying a mac .


Nobody cares about your "me too" post to a /*58-MONTH OLD*/ thread. Next
time check the datestamps. For help on YOUR problem *now*, start a NEW
thread and provide the details for YOUR setup.

Thank you for choosing a Mac. You can go bother them now.

http://forums.techarena.in
A leech site pretending to have forums by running a webnews-for-dummies
interface that submits improperly formatted posts through a gateway to
Usenet (aka newsgroups).


--- Posting Hints ---

ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting it. You want someone OTHER
than yourself to understand your post. Also remember that no one here is
looking over your shoulder to see at what you are pointing. If you don't
well explain your situation by providing the details that you already know,
don't expect others to know what is your situation. Explain YOUR computing
environment and just what actions you take to reproduce the problem.

Often you get just one chance per potential respondent to elicit a reply
from them. If they skip your post because you gave them nothing to go on
(no details, no versions, no OS, no context) then they will usually move on
to the next post and never return to yours.

What is Usenet (aka newsgroups):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsgroups
http://www.masonicinfo.com/newsgroups.htm
http://www.mcfedries.com/Ramblings/usenet-primer.asp

When using a webnews-for-dummies interface, like Microsoft's Communities or
Google Groups or a forum-to-Usenet proxy, those are gateways to leech from
Usenet or to provide web-based access for Usenet-ignorant users. Despite
the appearance of a forum, you are still participating in Usenet.

How to post to Usenet (aka newsgroups):
http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html
http://www.mugsy.org/asa_faq/getting_along/usenet.shtml

Regarding error or status messages:
- Do NOT omit the message.
- Do NOT describe the message.
- Do NOT summarize the message.
- Do NOT paraphrase the message.
- Do NOT truncate the message.
- Do show the ENTIRE message (but munge or star out personal info,
like your username in an e-mail address but not the domain).
- Provide sufficient context under which the error occurs or how to
reproduce it.

How to quote correctly:
http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html

Never use quoted-printable or HTML format when posting to Usenet.
Always post using plain text. Wrap lines at 76 characters, or less.
  #5  
Old January 8th 10, 04:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
computerguru
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3
Default INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing status 32768

If the hard disk is dead you will still see this message. I asume it may be
the cd drive too. I will investigate it and post in this microsoft forum.
Tech from :http://www.computerstar.ca/


"VanguardLH" wrote:

jbear wrote:

This error message happens DURING THE WINDOWS INSTALLATION, its an error
message about a file ON THE WINDOWS CD! I just can't stand when people
have these all knowing to solutions that waste people's time and energy.
No wonder Microsoft is so messed up. I'm buying a mac .


Nobody cares about your "me too" post to a /*58-MONTH OLD*/ thread. Next
time check the datestamps. For help on YOUR problem *now*, start a NEW
thread and provide the details for YOUR setup.

Thank you for choosing a Mac. You can go bother them now.

http://forums.techarena.in
A leech site pretending to have forums by running a webnews-for-dummies
interface that submits improperly formatted posts through a gateway to
Usenet (aka newsgroups).


--- Posting Hints ---

ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting it. You want someone OTHER
than yourself to understand your post. Also remember that no one here is
looking over your shoulder to see at what you are pointing. If you don't
well explain your situation by providing the details that you already know,
don't expect others to know what is your situation. Explain YOUR computing
environment and just what actions you take to reproduce the problem.

Often you get just one chance per potential respondent to elicit a reply
from them. If they skip your post because you gave them nothing to go on
(no details, no versions, no OS, no context) then they will usually move on
to the next post and never return to yours.

What is Usenet (aka newsgroups):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsgroups
http://www.masonicinfo.com/newsgroups.htm
http://www.mcfedries.com/Ramblings/usenet-primer.asp

When using a webnews-for-dummies interface, like Microsoft's Communities or
Google Groups or a forum-to-Usenet proxy, those are gateways to leech from
Usenet or to provide web-based access for Usenet-ignorant users. Despite
the appearance of a forum, you are still participating in Usenet.

How to post to Usenet (aka newsgroups):
http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html
http://www.mugsy.org/asa_faq/getting_along/usenet.shtml

Regarding error or status messages:
- Do NOT omit the message.
- Do NOT describe the message.
- Do NOT summarize the message.
- Do NOT paraphrase the message.
- Do NOT truncate the message.
- Do show the ENTIRE message (but munge or star out personal info,
like your username in an e-mail address but not the domain).
- Provide sufficient context under which the error occurs or how to
reproduce it.

How to quote correctly:
http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html

Never use quoted-printable or HTML format when posting to Usenet.
Always post using plain text. Wrap lines at 76 characters, or less.
.

  #6  
Old January 8th 10, 08:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
computerguru
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3
Default INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing status 32768

This error occurs due to two reasons.
1. bad hard disk
2. bad cd drive

Tech from:
http://www.computerstar.ca/

"VanguardLH" wrote:

jbear wrote:

This error message happens DURING THE WINDOWS INSTALLATION, its an error
message about a file ON THE WINDOWS CD! I just can't stand when people
have these all knowing to solutions that waste people's time and energy.
No wonder Microsoft is so messed up. I'm buying a mac .


Nobody cares about your "me too" post to a /*58-MONTH OLD*/ thread. Next
time check the datestamps. For help on YOUR problem *now*, start a NEW
thread and provide the details for YOUR setup.

Thank you for choosing a Mac. You can go bother them now.

http://forums.techarena.in
A leech site pretending to have forums by running a webnews-for-dummies
interface that submits improperly formatted posts through a gateway to
Usenet (aka newsgroups).


--- Posting Hints ---

ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting it. You want someone OTHER
than yourself to understand your post. Also remember that no one here is
looking over your shoulder to see at what you are pointing. If you don't
well explain your situation by providing the details that you already know,
don't expect others to know what is your situation. Explain YOUR computing
environment and just what actions you take to reproduce the problem.

Often you get just one chance per potential respondent to elicit a reply
from them. If they skip your post because you gave them nothing to go on
(no details, no versions, no OS, no context) then they will usually move on
to the next post and never return to yours.

What is Usenet (aka newsgroups):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsgroups
http://www.masonicinfo.com/newsgroups.htm
http://www.mcfedries.com/Ramblings/usenet-primer.asp

When using a webnews-for-dummies interface, like Microsoft's Communities or
Google Groups or a forum-to-Usenet proxy, those are gateways to leech from
Usenet or to provide web-based access for Usenet-ignorant users. Despite
the appearance of a forum, you are still participating in Usenet.

How to post to Usenet (aka newsgroups):
http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html
http://www.mugsy.org/asa_faq/getting_along/usenet.shtml

Regarding error or status messages:
- Do NOT omit the message.
- Do NOT describe the message.
- Do NOT summarize the message.
- Do NOT paraphrase the message.
- Do NOT truncate the message.
- Do show the ENTIRE message (but munge or star out personal info,
like your username in an e-mail address but not the domain).
- Provide sufficient context under which the error occurs or how to
reproduce it.

How to quote correctly:
http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html

Never use quoted-printable or HTML format when posting to Usenet.
Always post using plain text. Wrap lines at 76 characters, or less.
.

  #7  
Old January 8th 10, 08:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
computerguru
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3
Default INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing status 32768

I investigated it and yes a bad cd drive will cause this problem.
Tech from:
http://www.computerstar.ca/


"computerguru" wrote:

If the hard disk is dead you will still see this message. I asume it may be
the cd drive too. I will investigate it and post in this microsoft forum.
Tech from :http://www.computerstar.ca/


"VanguardLH" wrote:

jbear wrote:

This error message happens DURING THE WINDOWS INSTALLATION, its an error
message about a file ON THE WINDOWS CD! I just can't stand when people
have these all knowing to solutions that waste people's time and energy.
No wonder Microsoft is so messed up. I'm buying a mac .


Nobody cares about your "me too" post to a /*58-MONTH OLD*/ thread. Next
time check the datestamps. For help on YOUR problem *now*, start a NEW
thread and provide the details for YOUR setup.

Thank you for choosing a Mac. You can go bother them now.

http://forums.techarena.in
A leech site pretending to have forums by running a webnews-for-dummies
interface that submits improperly formatted posts through a gateway to
Usenet (aka newsgroups).


--- Posting Hints ---

ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting it. You want someone OTHER
than yourself to understand your post. Also remember that no one here is
looking over your shoulder to see at what you are pointing. If you don't
well explain your situation by providing the details that you already know,
don't expect others to know what is your situation. Explain YOUR computing
environment and just what actions you take to reproduce the problem.

Often you get just one chance per potential respondent to elicit a reply
from them. If they skip your post because you gave them nothing to go on
(no details, no versions, no OS, no context) then they will usually move on
to the next post and never return to yours.

What is Usenet (aka newsgroups):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsgroups
http://www.masonicinfo.com/newsgroups.htm
http://www.mcfedries.com/Ramblings/usenet-primer.asp

When using a webnews-for-dummies interface, like Microsoft's Communities or
Google Groups or a forum-to-Usenet proxy, those are gateways to leech from
Usenet or to provide web-based access for Usenet-ignorant users. Despite
the appearance of a forum, you are still participating in Usenet.

How to post to Usenet (aka newsgroups):
http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html
http://www.mugsy.org/asa_faq/getting_along/usenet.shtml

Regarding error or status messages:
- Do NOT omit the message.
- Do NOT describe the message.
- Do NOT summarize the message.
- Do NOT paraphrase the message.
- Do NOT truncate the message.
- Do show the ENTIRE message (but munge or star out personal info,
like your username in an e-mail address but not the domain).
- Provide sufficient context under which the error occurs or how to
reproduce it.

How to quote correctly:
http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html

Never use quoted-printable or HTML format when posting to Usenet.
Always post using plain text. Wrap lines at 76 characters, or less.
.

  #8  
Old January 9th 10, 06:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
VanguardLH[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 8,610
Default INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing status 32768

computerguru wrote:

This error occurs due to two reasons.
1. bad hard disk
2. bad cd drive

Tech from:
http:// www. computerstar. ca/


So the real point of your post was to spam your web site here.
  #9  
Old January 14th 10, 07:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
computer star
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing status 32768

Not really. It was accidently posted two times. Sorry.

"VanguardLH" wrote:

computerguru wrote:

This error occurs due to two reasons.
1. bad hard disk
2. bad cd drive

Tech from:
http:// www. computerstar. ca/


So the real point of your post was to spam your web site here.
.

  #10  
Old May 17th 17, 02:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
No_Name
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing status 32768

On Sunday, February 13, 2005 at 6:25:45 AM UTC-6, Chris Mullineux wrote:
When attempting to install XP Home on a fdisked hard drive getting the
following message

"INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing status 32768"

Any help please?

Chris


I had the same problem. This is an old thread but so are all xp problems. No support any more so.. here I am. I was able to get past this error by cleaning my install cd with eye glass cleaner.. now I got another error..
STOP: c0000221 Unknown Hard Error
\SystemRoot\System32\ntdll.dll

If by chance anyone is still using XP Pro or happens to know anyone/any where to find all the updates for XP that they don't support any more..I would find it very useful.. I am building a computer that I want to have every windows operating system on. Crazy nestolgia(sp?) Its a project I've wanted to do for many years. I am missing my copy of windows 3.1 now though because it was on floppies and are now corrupt. So beginning with win 95 is no longer an option for me either because I have the upgrade version. I have started with win 98. 1 reason I have wanted to have this multiboot system is to be able to use all the old peripherals and games purchased over the last 20 years. Its also cool to see how fast the early operating systems run with the newer processors. My first processor was a DX2 66 it was the fastest and I upgraded that system with a huge stick of memory that costed $200 and made it lightening fast.. in short it was a system that ran at 66 mhz with 8 mb of ram and a 120 mb hd.. it came with windows 3.1 and msdos (dont remember which dos now but have the upgrade I purchased for it also on floppy).. Anyway I am going to ramble on back to the above problem. Remember I was able to get past the problem this thread is about by cleaning the install cd with eye glass cleaner so try it before anything else.
  #11  
Old May 19th 17, 02:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Ron Hardin
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 200
Default INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing status 32768

wrote:

On Sunday, February 13, 2005 at 6:25:45 AM UTC-6, Chris Mullineux wrote:
When attempting to install XP Home on a fdisked hard drive getting the
following message

"INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing status 32768"

Any help please?

Chris


I had the same problem. This is an old thread but so are all xp problems. No support any more so.. here I am. I was able to get past this error by cleaning my
STOP: c0000221 Unknown Hard Error
\SystemRoot\System32\ntdll.dll

If by chance anyone is still using XP Pro or happens to know anyone/any where to find all the updates for XP that they don't support any more..I would find it


Here's the instructions somebody posted and it works for me, to get XP updates. It worked for me to get all the
updates for a bare SP3 re-install on a new HD. Keep the USB stick, it's very handy. quote:

(
http://www.wsusoffline.net/docs/). Support for 32-bit XP seems to have
been dropped in v9.3, so download v9.2.1 or earlier from the WSUS
download page.

Drag the "wsusoffline" folder from the zipfile onto an external USB
drive. From any working Windows machine, launch the folder's
updategenerator.exe file, tick XP on the [Legacy products] tab, and
[Start] to download all XP updates to the external drive.

Afterward, attach the external drive to the XP machine to be updated, and
launch the wsusoffline\client\updateinstaller.exe file to update the XP
machine.
--


On the internet, nobody knows you're a jerk.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
scan for file corruption ms. greenhorn New Users to Windows XP 10 July 7th 10 08:11 PM
Removing XP what a world New Users to Windows XP 2 February 2nd 05 06:35 PM
Missing or Corrupt File in Windows XP - Help Retta Performance and Maintainance of XP 6 November 6th 04 09:25 AM
XP system file corrupt or missing!! HELP! ADAM General XP issues or comments 7 July 30th 04 04:42 AM
Cannot access windows due to missing or corrupt file amir General XP issues or comments 2 July 17th 04 01:09 AM






All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 PCbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.