A Windows XP help forum. PCbanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PCbanter forum » Microsoft Windows 8 » Windows 8 Help Forum
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

source or store to buy lic to convert windows 8.1 home to 8.1 pro edtion?



 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #16  
Old January 31st 17, 08:10 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-8
Andy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 565
Default source or store to buy lic to convert windows 8.1 home to 8.1 pro edtion?

The real difference is the bit locker encryption and the other security
features.
Just because i don't know them all off the top of my head does NOT mean i
cant use them or know the differences between the 2 editions of windows 8.
I know allot of you idiots settle for the basic home versions of windows
because it's what comes with youre computers.
I build mine or by a store bought one and customize it to MY SPECS.
NOT what you think my self or others should settle for.


"Nil" wrote in message
...
On 30 Jan 2017, "Andy" wrote in alt.comp.os.windows-8:

No i just don't rember all the features and what does it matter to
you if i want a better version them the home version ?
is that what you use?
I never settle for anything but pro versions of what ever software
i get.


Just because the box says "Pro" on it doesn't make you a pro.

Especially when you don't know the real difference.



Ads
  #17  
Old January 31st 17, 08:10 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-8
Andy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 565
Default source or store to buy lic to convert windows 8.1 home to 8.1 pro edtion?

And i brought the windows 8.1 pro lic upgrade to day and it's installed and
running fine.


--
AL'S COMPUTERS
"Nil" wrote in message
...
On 30 Jan 2017, "Andy" wrote in alt.comp.os.windows-8:

No i just don't rember all the features and what does it matter to
you if i want a better version them the home version ?
is that what you use?
I never settle for anything but pro versions of what ever software
i get.


Just because the box says "Pro" on it doesn't make you a pro.

Especially when you don't know the real difference.



  #18  
Old January 31st 17, 08:12 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-8
Andy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 565
Default source or store to buy lic to convert windows 8.1 home to 8.1 pro edtion?

And lastly why does someone have to prove to you posters why he or she wants
a better version of windows 8 or whatever version they have?
One of the things that annoys my self and others you cant just answer a
question someone posts and keep the rest of youre likes dislikes ect to
youre self.


"Nil" wrote in message
...
On 30 Jan 2017, "Andy" wrote in alt.comp.os.windows-8:

No i just don't rember all the features and what does it matter to
you if i want a better version them the home version ?
is that what you use?
I never settle for anything but pro versions of what ever software
i get.


Just because the box says "Pro" on it doesn't make you a pro.

Especially when you don't know the real difference.



  #19  
Old February 1st 17, 06:33 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-8
Nil[_5_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,452
Default source or store to buy lic to convert windows 8.1 home to 8.1 pro edtion?

On 31 Jan 2017, "Andy" wrote in alt.comp.os.windows-8:

The real difference is the bit locker encryption and the other
security features.


OK, you looked it up and found one feature you'll use. Yay!

Just because i don't know them all off the top of my head does NOT
mean i cant use them or know the differences between the 2
editions of windows 8.
I know allot of you idiots settle for the basic home versions of
windows because it's what comes with youre computers.


There is is - I knew it would come out if I kept you going long
enough. According to you, people who use "basic home versions" of
Windows are idiots. Allot (sic) of them! So, you make sure to buy a
box with the word "Pro" on it, thereby proving that 'youre' not
an idiot! Brilliant deduction!
  #20  
Old February 1st 17, 07:46 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-8
Andy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 565
Default source or store to buy lic to convert windows 8.1 home to 8.1 pro edtion?

Why settle for the basic version of windows whatever version you have at the
time when for a few dollars more you can have it all in the professional or
elite versions.
Does someone having the best version of windows bother you sure seems it.

"Nil" wrote in message
...
On 31 Jan 2017, "Andy" wrote in alt.comp.os.windows-8:

The real difference is the bit locker encryption and the other
security features.


OK, you looked it up and found one feature you'll use. Yay!

Just because i don't know them all off the top of my head does NOT
mean i cant use them or know the differences between the 2
editions of windows 8.
I know allot of you idiots settle for the basic home versions of
windows because it's what comes with youre computers.


There is is - I knew it would come out if I kept you going long
enough. According to you, people who use "basic home versions" of
Windows are idiots. Allot (sic) of them! So, you make sure to buy a
box with the word "Pro" on it, thereby proving that 'youre' not
an idiot! Brilliant deduction!



  #21  
Old February 1st 17, 07:57 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-8
No_Name
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 41
Default source or store to buy lic to convert windows 8.1 home to 8.1 pro edtion?

On Wed, 01 Feb 2017 00:33:10 -0500, Nil
wrote:

On 31 Jan 2017, "Andy" wrote in alt.comp.os.windows-8:

The real difference is the bit locker encryption and the other
security features.


OK, you looked it up and found one feature you'll use. Yay!


No, you are the idiot.
The OP stated he wanted to use Windows Media Center. Now, you be a big
boy and tell us what the minimum requirements to run WMC are.

Just because i don't know them all off the top of my head does NOT
mean i cant use them or know the differences between the 2
editions of windows 8.
I know allot of you idiots settle for the basic home versions of
windows because it's what comes with youre computers.


There is is - I knew it would come out if I kept you going long
enough. According to you, people who use "basic home versions" of
Windows are idiots. Allot (sic) of them! So, you make sure to buy a
box with the word "Pro" on it, thereby proving that 'youre' not
an idiot! Brilliant deduction!


Most users of Home versions do not need more because they are not
running much in terms of software. You lack the knowledge to really
help people, so it would be best for all if you stayed away from
newsgroups. Your advice is worse than no advice at all.
  #23  
Old February 2nd 17, 07:16 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-8
Andy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 565
Default source or store to buy lic to convert windows 8.1 home to 8.1 pro edtion?

Thank you jerry at least some of us understand why we might want the pro
versions of windows whatever version we have at the time


wrote in message
...
On Wed, 01 Feb 2017 00:33:10 -0500, Nil
wrote:

On 31 Jan 2017, "Andy" wrote in alt.comp.os.windows-8:

The real difference is the bit locker encryption and the other
security features.


OK, you looked it up and found one feature you'll use. Yay!


No, you are the idiot.
The OP stated he wanted to use Windows Media Center. Now, you be a big
boy and tell us what the minimum requirements to run WMC are.

Just because i don't know them all off the top of my head does NOT
mean i cant use them or know the differences between the 2
editions of windows 8.
I know allot of you idiots settle for the basic home versions of
windows because it's what comes with youre computers.


There is is - I knew it would come out if I kept you going long
enough. According to you, people who use "basic home versions" of
Windows are idiots. Allot (sic) of them! So, you make sure to buy a
box with the word "Pro" on it, thereby proving that 'youre' not
an idiot! Brilliant deduction!


Most users of Home versions do not need more because they are not
running much in terms of software. You lack the knowledge to really
help people, so it would be best for all if you stayed away from
newsgroups. Your advice is worse than no advice at all.



  #24  
Old February 2nd 17, 03:40 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-8
No_Name
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 41
Default source or store to buy lic to convert windows 8.1 home to 8.1 pro edtion?

On Wed, 01 Feb 2017 20:59:52 -0500, Nil
wrote:

On 01 Feb 2017, wrote in alt.comp.os.windows-8:

No, you are the idiot.
The OP stated he wanted to use Windows Media Center. Now, you be a
big boy and tell us what the minimum requirements to run WMC are.


OK, that's two. Bravo! Though, as most people (but not you two) know,
there are a number of non-Microsoft alternatives to WMC. And, of
course, you can't even get WMC any more.


I am aware of the non-Windows alternatives to WMC. However, none of
them are as *good* as WMC in terms of ease of use and efficacy.


Most users of Home versions do not need more because they are not
running much in terms of software.


You fantasize. Outside of a very few exceptions (WMC), almost anything
that will run on Pro will run on Home. What do you run that requires
Windows Pro edition?


WMC is one--which is why I bought Pro in the first place. I knew I
needed it, so I got it.


You lack the knowledge to really help people,


Thank you so much for all the helpful advice you have generously
offered here over the years. Um... who are you, again?


Someone who has a clue--and 37+yrs in the desktop computer business. I
was designing and writing business/productivity software for desktop
computers before the first IBM PC was ever designed or sold.
  #26  
Old February 3rd 17, 02:38 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-8
Nomen Nescio
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 324
Default source or store to buy lic to convert windows 8.1 home to 8.1 proedtion?

You don't even know what you want Nimrod. Apparently you think
buying "pro" confers superpowers to your shallow minded life.


In article
"Andy" wrote:

Thank you jerry at least some of us understand why we might want the pro
versions of windows whatever version we have at the time


wrote in message
...
On Wed, 01 Feb 2017 00:33:10 -0500, Nil
wrote:

On 31 Jan 2017, "Andy" wrote in alt.comp.os.windows-8:

The real difference is the bit locker encryption and the other
security features.

OK, you looked it up and found one feature you'll use. Yay!


No, you are the idiot.
The OP stated he wanted to use Windows Media Center. Now, you be a big
boy and tell us what the minimum requirements to run WMC are.

Just because i don't know them all off the top of my head does NOT
mean i cant use them or know the differences between the 2
editions of windows 8.
I know allot of you idiots settle for the basic home versions of
windows because it's what comes with youre computers.

There is is - I knew it would come out if I kept you going long
enough. According to you, people who use "basic home versions" of
Windows are idiots. Allot (sic) of them! So, you make sure to buy a
box with the word "Pro" on it, thereby proving that 'youre' not
an idiot! Brilliant deduction!


Most users of Home versions do not need more because they are not
running much in terms of software. You lack the knowledge to really
help people, so it would be best for all if you stayed away from
newsgroups. Your advice is worse than no advice at all.


  #27  
Old February 3rd 17, 02:54 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-8
Nomen Nescio
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 324
Default source or store to buy lic to convert windows 8.1 home to 8.1 proedtion?

Exactly how does the more bloated OS package become the "best".

If "best" is whta you want, you should get Enterprise, not Pro.
Then you cound enjoy even more bloat.


In article
"Andy" wrote:

Why settle for the basic version of windows whatever version you have at the
time when for a few dollars more you can have it all in the professional or
elite versions.
Does someone having the best version of windows bother you sure seems it.

"Nil" wrote in message
...
On 31 Jan 2017, "Andy" wrote in alt.comp.os.windows-8:

The real difference is the bit locker encryption and the other
security features.


OK, you looked it up and found one feature you'll use. Yay!

Just because i don't know them all off the top of my head does NOT
mean i cant use them or know the differences between the 2
editions of windows 8.
I know allot of you idiots settle for the basic home versions of
windows because it's what comes with youre computers.


There is is - I knew it would come out if I kept you going long
enough. According to you, people who use "basic home versions" of
Windows are idiots. Allot (sic) of them! So, you make sure to buy a
box with the word "Pro" on it, thereby proving that 'youre' not
an idiot! Brilliant deduction!


  #28  
Old February 3rd 17, 03:53 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-8
Nomen Nescio
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 324
Default source or store to buy lic to convert windows 8.1 home to 8.1 proedtion?

Define "better version". You can't and there's no basis that "Pro"
is "better" than "Home" and particulalry for you as you seem to
lack any understanding of how you might benefit w/"Pro".

Because it's named "Pro" means nothing.

Because it is more expensive means nothing.

Gee Einstein, maybe what you really want is npt "Pro" but
"Enterprise". After all... why settle for 2nd best?

And of course Windows 10 SuperPro Deluxe is even better since it
has a higher version number.


In article
"Andy" wrote:

No i just don't rember all the features and what does it matter to you if i
want a better version them the home version ?
is that what you use?
I never settle for anything but pro versions of what ever software i get.


"Nomen Nescio" wrote in message
...
OK. So you ARE without a clue.

In article
"Andy" wrote:

Any and all i don't do home versions i go pro now


"Nomen Nescio" wrote in message
...
In article
"Andy" wrote:

You are correct i forgot i took windows 10 off my lap top a long time
ago
but windows 8.1 pro has more features then the home edition does


Really? And which of those "must have" features do you require?



  #29  
Old February 3rd 17, 09:27 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-8
Andy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 565
Default source or store to buy lic to convert windows 8.1 home to 8.1 pro edtion?

Do you have any pictures of those old classic computers


wrote in message
news
On Wed, 01 Feb 2017 20:59:52 -0500, Nil
wrote:

On 01 Feb 2017, wrote in alt.comp.os.windows-8:

No, you are the idiot.
The OP stated he wanted to use Windows Media Center. Now, you be a
big boy and tell us what the minimum requirements to run WMC are.


OK, that's two. Bravo! Though, as most people (but not you two) know,
there are a number of non-Microsoft alternatives to WMC. And, of
course, you can't even get WMC any more.


I am aware of the non-Windows alternatives to WMC. However, none of
them are as *good* as WMC in terms of ease of use and efficacy.


Most users of Home versions do not need more because they are not
running much in terms of software.


You fantasize. Outside of a very few exceptions (WMC), almost anything
that will run on Pro will run on Home. What do you run that requires
Windows Pro edition?


WMC is one--which is why I bought Pro in the first place. I knew I
needed it, so I got it.


You lack the knowledge to really help people,


Thank you so much for all the helpful advice you have generously
offered here over the years. Um... who are you, again?


Someone who has a clue--and 37+yrs in the desktop computer business. I
was designing and writing business/productivity software for desktop
computers before the first IBM PC was ever designed or sold.



  #30  
Old February 3rd 17, 09:28 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-8
Andy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 565
Default source or store to buy lic to convert windows 8.1 home to 8.1 pro edtion?

Bloat is not a problem IF you know how to turn off the services you don't
want and remove the features you don't want installed


"Nomen Nescio" wrote in message
...
Exactly how does the more bloated OS package become the "best".

If "best" is whta you want, you should get Enterprise, not Pro.
Then you cound enjoy even more bloat.


In article
"Andy" wrote:

Why settle for the basic version of windows whatever version you have at
the
time when for a few dollars more you can have it all in the professional
or
elite versions.
Does someone having the best version of windows bother you sure seems it.

"Nil" wrote in message
...
On 31 Jan 2017, "Andy" wrote in alt.comp.os.windows-8:

The real difference is the bit locker encryption and the other
security features.

OK, you looked it up and found one feature you'll use. Yay!

Just because i don't know them all off the top of my head does NOT
mean i cant use them or know the differences between the 2
editions of windows 8.
I know allot of you idiots settle for the basic home versions of
windows because it's what comes with youre computers.

There is is - I knew it would come out if I kept you going long
enough. According to you, people who use "basic home versions" of
Windows are idiots. Allot (sic) of them! So, you make sure to buy a
box with the word "Pro" on it, thereby proving that 'youre' not
an idiot! Brilliant deduction!




 




Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off






All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 PCbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.