A Windows XP help forum. PCbanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PCbanter forum » Microsoft Windows XP » Hardware and Windows XP
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Error Message 1311

Old April 14th 04, 11:27 AM
Jeremy
external usenet poster

Default Error Message 1311

Please help,
I am trying to load Farcry but during instalation i
recieve a message saying" Error 1311.Source file not
found /Game.cab. verify file exsists and that you can
access it"
What does all that mean ???....Please help.....
Someone mentioned to cut and paste may help??????

Ads
Old April 14th 04, 11:48 AM
bob
external usenet poster

if you have anti-virus running-turn it off, then install
Old April 14th 04, 11:50 AM
try this
external usenet poster

If you have more than one CD/DVD ROM, load 2 discs at a time.

Upon observing the behavior of the HD and DVD/CD drive, it seems that after inserting Disc 1 and InstallShield wizard getting to the "InstallShield is configuring your new software installation", it loads for a long time and then acts as if it's looking fo
r something. This is indicated by the CD/DVD drive light turning off (data no longer being accessed) and the HD light speeding up (showing that it is not blinking in synch with data transfer with the DVD/CD drive).

It's amazing how much you can troubleshoot something just by being perceptive.

So assuming that it was looking for the next installation disc, I then loaded Disc 1 in the DVD drive and Disc 2 in my CD/RW drive. When the DVD drive light went off, the HD light flickered a little faster, then POOF the CD/RW light came on and the HD ligh
t again flickered in the characteric way indicating synch data transfer between the CD/RW drive.

At which point, I removed Disc 1 and then put in Disc 3.

So the problem seems to be with InstallShield, it doesn't want to prompt the user to "Insert the next disc".

I have ISScript9 as InstallShield website says that I need to run Far Cry's setup.exe (which is version 9). Yet InstallShield still doesn't work.

I tried copying all of the files from Disc 1 to my HD and running setup, but again I got an error when it finished installing those files. It didn't prompt me to insert the next CD, or prompt a source for Disc 2's data.

Another way to fix this I suspect is to copy ***ALL*** of the discs (or entire DVD) into a folder. I made the mistake of just installing Disc 1 and expecting it to then prompt me for Disc 2 data. However I'm not sure how the InstallShield wizard looks for
the data, whether it looks for a "Disc 2" folder or not, so how you organize all the discs in a single folder will determine if this works.

Lastly, another thing that indicates a problem with InstallShield wizard is that the progress bar does not update or display the progress of the installation, even though I was able to load Disc 1, Disc 2, etc. and for it to read and copy the data from eac
h.

Now to finally play the game and see if I get to have as much fun debugging the graphics! Took 10 hours to fix this, hopefully I can enjoy a little of the game before it decides to get buggy again...

Old April 14th 04, 12:28 PM
bob
external usenet poster

if you have anti-virus running-turn it off, then install
Old April 14th 04, 12:28 PM
try this
external usenet poster

If you have more than one CD/DVD ROM, load 2 discs at a time.

Upon observing the behavior of the HD and DVD/CD drive, it seems that after inserting Disc 1 and InstallShield wizard getting to the "InstallShield is configuring your new software installation", it loads for a long time and then acts as if it's looking fo
r something. This is indicated by the CD/DVD drive light turning off (data no longer being accessed) and the HD light speeding up (showing that it is not blinking in synch with data transfer with the DVD/CD drive).

It's amazing how much you can troubleshoot something just by being perceptive.

So assuming that it was looking for the next installation disc, I then loaded Disc 1 in the DVD drive and Disc 2 in my CD/RW drive. When the DVD drive light went off, the HD light flickered a little faster, then POOF the CD/RW light came on and the HD ligh
t again flickered in the characteric way indicating synch data transfer between the CD/RW drive.

At which point, I removed Disc 1 and then put in Disc 3.

So the problem seems to be with InstallShield, it doesn't want to prompt the user to "Insert the next disc".

I have ISScript9 as InstallShield website says that I need to run Far Cry's setup.exe (which is version 9). Yet InstallShield still doesn't work.

I tried copying all of the files from Disc 1 to my HD and running setup, but again I got an error when it finished installing those files. It didn't prompt me to insert the next CD, or prompt a source for Disc 2's data.

Another way to fix this I suspect is to copy ***ALL*** of the discs (or entire DVD) into a folder. I made the mistake of just installing Disc 1 and expecting it to then prompt me for Disc 2 data. However I'm not sure how the InstallShield wizard looks for
the data, whether it looks for a "Disc 2" folder or not, so how you organize all the discs in a single folder will determine if this works.

Lastly, another thing that indicates a problem with InstallShield wizard is that the progress bar does not update or display the progress of the installation, even though I was able to load Disc 1, Disc 2, etc. and for it to read and copy the data from eac
h.

Now to finally play the game and see if I get to have as much fun debugging the graphics! Took 10 hours to fix this, hopefully I can enjoy a little of the game before it decides to get buggy again...