A Windows XP help forum. PCbanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PCbanter forum » Microsoft Windows XP » Windows XP Help and Support
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Computer takes 5 attempts to boot

Old July 27th 04, 04:20 AM
retro_junkies
external usenet poster

Default Computer takes 5 attempts to boot

i'm running windows XP and when i switch on the computer it freezes at the welcome screen, if i reset the computer several times the computer eventually works as normal, however if i switch the computer off over night when i return to it the next morning i
have to go through this whole process of resetting the computer until it loads correctly again
i inserted my winXP cd into the computer when it was starting up and attempted to run a "windows recovery" by running 'bootfix' while according to the computer this was done successfully it has not solved my orignal problem and i still need to reset the co
mputer maybe up to ten times in order to get it to run as normal
anyone with any ideas of what i can do in order to get this to work would be really helpful
yours andrew douglas (UK)
Ads