A Windows XP help forum. PCbanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PCbanter forum » Microsoft Windows XP » Windows XP Help and Support
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

New printers compatible with Windows 2000

Old December 27th 13, 03:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.win2000.enable,microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Guv Bob
external usenet poster

Default New printers compatible with Windows 2000

My printer went out and I am stuck with Windows 2000 for the time being. No new printers I saw today had Win2000 listed in their specs. All are for Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8.

Anyone know how to connect Win2000 computer with one of those printers, or any other low dollar printer? Or where to find a decent older printer?

These are the printers I saw today, all for XP and later....

Canon MG2220
Canon MG 3520
HP 2512

Before USB, I used a Canon BJC-5100 for years until it wore out. I would be happy with simple printer like that one.
Ads
Old December 27th 13, 02:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
philo [_3_]
external usenet poster

On 12/26/2013 08:18 PM, Guv Bob wrote:
My printer went out and I am stuck with Windows 2000 for the time being. No new printers I saw today had Win2000 listed in their specs. All are for Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8.

Anyone know how to connect Win2000 computer with one of those printers, or any other low dollar printer? Or where to find a decent older printer?

Canon MG2220
Canon MG 3520
HP 2512

Before USB, I used a Canon BJC-5100 for years until it wore out. I would be happy with simple printer like that one.

LOL

That Canon BJC-5100 was my very first printer.

anyway I have a Samsung laser printer

http://reviews.cnet.com/laser-printe...-32742703.html

Win2k is still supported.

If you do not need a color printer, this is the way to go as it only
cost $100

Though the cartridge from Samsung is expensive, I bought a refilled one
for $30 and it lasted over two years.

Old December 27th 13, 07:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Guv Bob
external usenet poster

"philo " wrote in message ...

Canon MG2220
Canon MG 3520
HP 2512

LOL

cost $100

Thanks, Philo. Will check out the Samsung.

I still have my BJC-5100 sitting here in the office. I messed up the catridge boiling it trying to get it unplugged. Replacement cartidge was more than a new different printer. This was the only low cost printer that used up to 11x17 paper.

Old December 27th 13, 11:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Guv Bob
external usenet poster

"Guv Bob" wrote in message m...

Canon MG2220
Canon MG 3520
HP 2512

Do any of the major printer makers have Win2000 drivers for their new machines? Even if the old OS computer only make up 5% of the market, they are still losing a decent amount of sales.

Old December 27th 13, 11:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.win2000.enable,microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Guv Bob
external usenet poster

Do any of the major printer makers have Win2000 drivers for their new machines? Even if the old OS computer only make up 5% of the market, they are still losing a decent amount of sales.

Old December 28th 13, 01:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
philo [_3_]
external usenet poster

On 12/27/2013 12:44 PM, Guv Bob wrote:
"

LOL

cost $100

Thanks, Philo. Will check out the Samsung.

I still have my BJC-5100 sitting here in the office. I messed up the catridge boiling it trying to get it unplugged. Replacement cartidge was more than a new different printer. This was the only low cost printer that used up to 11x17 paper.

I got that printer because it was 11 x 17.

Of course being a Win-printer it's speed was dependent on the CPU speed
and my 75mhz Pentium-1 took four hours to make one print.

It was good quality and I still have it...but I stuck to 8 x 10 after that.

As to Win2k I'd use a printer that had drivers but there is a chance Xp
drivers would work. If the driver came as a self-extracting executable,
they files inside would have to be extracted first