A Windows XP help forum. PCbanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PCbanter forum » Microsoft Windows XP » Printing and Faxing with Windows XP
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Envelopes will not print

Old May 13th 04, 11:04 PM
Cyril
external usenet poster

Default Envelopes will not print

I just have just purchased a new HP7350 printer, and it
will not print envelopes using Microsoft Works. Any help
please
Ads
Old May 18th 04, 12:03 AM
1RmSchlHse
external usenet poster

Default Envelopes will not print

----- Cyril wrote: -----

I just have just purchased a new HP7350 printer, and it
will not print envelopes using Microsoft Works. Any help
please

I have a similar prob--I have an HP 753n with Windoze XP Home. I used a Samsung ML1430 and an HP 3820 to print #10 (business) envelopes for the past two years (+/-) with nary a problem. I reloaded Window$--wont bore you with the stupid mistake why--and n
ow I can no longer print the #10's.

I can print all day long on either or both printers, but no envelopes--the Samsung hangs up the envelope with NO printing, and the HP Photosmart 7350 prints everything about 2-3" too high on the envelope.

For some inexplicable reason the HP 3820 quit printing totally--it wouldnt print on another computer either--so I got the 7350 photosmart.

Both printers WILL print test pages which congratulates me on having installed the printer correctly.

After reloading Window$ I DID download the patches recommended, but dont know if that's the culprit or no. I do know that with two computers I've set up for people in the past six months, they got viruses simply by hooking up to MicroSoft Windoze to regis
ter/authenticate the WXP software....this with the Norton's AV installed. I had to get Trend Micro--or Grissoft AVG--to get rid of the probs!! As the KJV says: Brothers & Sisters, this ought not so to be..... ;-/

For which reasons and lottsa other ones, my personal contention is still: The computer is without doubt the most primitive invention the febrile human mind has yet conjured up!! I think I'll go back to LINUX, which, tho it has probs and a few less apps av
ailable--act.ly not much of a diff these days!!--is not plagued with patches that torpedo the ship, or cause more harm than they fix. Plus it's free. I orig.ly had Windoze for my kids, so they'd leave the Linux box alone, but that's getting to be an UNv
iable alternative, always having to fix stuff on their boxes.

If anybody gets a clue as to the reason for these things please and thanks post me at:

Thanks!
kenn 1RmSchlHse