A Windows XP help forum. PCbanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PCbanter forum » Microsoft Windows XP » The Basics
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

XP Registry Problems--Cannot Download New Programs, Cannot Use Recovery

Old February 9th 14, 03:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics
No_Name
external usenet poster

Default XP Registry Problems--Cannot Download New Programs, Cannot Use Recovery

Something has become very wrong with my XP.

I was getting strange error pop ups from programs I currently had, but would not open the programs. I tried downloading some repair programs, but after downloading them, it would not let me open them.

I figured something was wrong with my registry, but I dont have a Recovery Disk and the Recovery F11 (or F whatever wont work-- by the way I have a Dell 5150). My restore points won't go back further than a week, which doesn't fix the problems.

I have run antivirus-- everything seems okay. I have run a couple of reg scans and it says everything is ok. I don't know what is going on.

Any suggestions?
Ads
Old February 9th 14, 03:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics
No_Name
external usenet poster

On Saturday, February 8, 2014 6:18:08 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Something has become very wrong with my XP.

I was getting strange error pop ups from programs I currently had, but would not open the programs. I tried downloading some repair programs, but after downloading them, it would not let me open them.

I figured something was wrong with my registry, but I dont have a Recovery Disk and the Recovery F11 (or F whatever wont work-- by the way I have a Dell 5150). My restore points won't go back further than a week, which doesn't fix the problems.

I have run antivirus-- everything seems okay. I have run a couple of reg scans and it says everything is ok. I don't know what is going on.

Any suggestions?

By the way, the programs that refuse to open say Application Error. Sometimes if I keep hitting the icon, the program will actually come on.
Old February 9th 14, 10:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics
No_Name
external usenet poster

thanks.

The programs were internet downloads.
System Mechanic
WiseCare
Kaspersky