A Windows XP help forum. PCbanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PCbanter forum » Microsoft Windows XP » Windows XP Help and Support
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Hanging connection/no connection

Old October 20th 05, 06:25 PM

First recorded activity by PCbanter: Oct 2005
Unhappy Hanging connection/no connection

I seem to have a contrary connection problem. My internet will work perfectly happily for a period of time and then suddenly take a long hanging time to connect and eventually not connect at all.
The first time an engineer suspected a faulty modem and sure enough a replacement worked. He left it on approval and all has been okay for several weeks. yesterday the connection started to hang again and this morning again no connection. I tried all the troubleshooting routes with no success and out of desparation reconnected my old modem back again and "hay presto" here I am back again.
I have a feeling this hasn't solved the problem though and would be grateful if anyone can suggest how to cure this problem.
Ads