A Windows XP help forum. PCbanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PCbanter forum » Microsoft Windows XP » Windows XP Help and Support
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Microsoft MVPs



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old October 21st 08, 06:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general
nass [MVP]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 79
Default Microsoft MVPs

you shut up, or put up, PIG SWILL.
you have no link.
LIAR TROLL
--
HTH
nass
---
http://www.nasstec.co.uk



"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

Post a link to /your/ MVP Profile or shut up.

nass [MVP] wrote:
YOU are the one WRONG!
You are LIAR TROLL
I am MVP, you are pig swill fake!

Wrong! (And the real "nass" doesn't post as "nass [MVP]".)

nass [MVP] wrote:
Hi, my name nass.
I am a NEW [MVP], and so happy.
I am over the sun with happinesas, and so is my business.
Business is booming; I have lot specialos
I choose to hide my name on that list, as I am shy.


Are there any special rules governing the use of the designation
MS-MVP?

I ask the question because, according to the page at
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/mvp.aspx, the Microsoft
MVP Awardee directory contains a listing of all MVPs that want to share
information publicly.

However, when I conducted advanced searches against the names of
contributors to several newsgroups (who claim to be MVPs), the search
engine produced the following response "No results were found for your
search criteria".



Ads
  #47  
Old October 21st 08, 08:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
nass [MVP]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 79
Default Microsoft MVPs

Leonard, my freind; be very carful.
lots and lots of trolls here now!
EMAIL me at the addt I gave you.
--
HTH
nass
---
http://www.nasstec.co.uk



"Leonard Grey" wrote:

Over the weekend I made a promise I wouldn't respond to my impersonator.

And I won't.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

Leonard Grey wrote:
Or maybe CFS - for Certified "Forking" Shlemiel.
Whaddaya think?
--
Leonard Grey [CFS]
Errare Humanum Est


"Leonard Grey" wrote

I'm thinking about a suitable designation for people like me: Certified
Shlemiel, or CS.

What's that you say? Oh...you already know I'm a shlemiel, even without
a designation.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est


  #48  
Old October 21st 08, 08:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers
nass [MVP]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 79
Default Microsoft MVPs

i am over the sunb.
I am a MVP, you did not stop me, you TROLL.
All is forgivenm.
Cum to my shop in SURREY, for BIG SPECIALAS.
--
HTH
nass
---
http://www.nasstec.co.uk



"Mick Murphy" wrote:

Feeling OK?? Want an aspirin?
--
Bad Mike

"Leonard Grey " wrote

BOHICA
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

nass [MVP] wrote:
Hi, my name nass.
I am a NEW [MVP], and so happy.
I am over the sun with happinesas, and so is my business.
Business is booming; I have lot specialos
I choose to hide my name on that list, as I am shy.


  #49  
Old October 22nd 08, 02:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
VanguardLH[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,858
Default Microsoft MVPs

Mike Hall - MVP wrote:

"VanguardLH" wrote in message
...
Bob Lucas wrote:

Are there any special rules governing the use of the designation MS-MVP?

I ask the question because, according to the page at
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/mvp.aspx, the Microsoft
MVP Awardee directory contains a listing of all MVPs that want to share
information publicly.

However, when I conducted advanced searches against the names of
contributors to several newsgroups (who claim to be MVPs), the search
engine produced the following response "No results were found for your
search criteria".


Some MVPs claim they don't want their private information published in a
public place. That doesn't preclude that they are *listed* as an MVP.
If an MVP doesn't have themself published in the MVP lists (and which
does NOT require any public disclosure of their personal info) then I
don't consider them an MVP. If you want to check on the credentials of
a cert that an employee claims to have, you check with the issuer to
find out if that cert was actually ever awarded to that person. If
someone claims they are an expert in some profession, they must provide
proof of such. Lack of proof means lack of expertise. I'm not allowed
to claim that I'm a doctor, cop, or any other professional without
having traceable credentials. To me, if they can't prove that they were
elected by other MVPs to become themself an MVP then I'm not going to
believe them just because they say so.

If an MVP wants to hide, consider why they want to hide. They don't
need to give out their street address, phone number, or any private
information. Obviously if they want to have an identity as an MVP then
*something* of them must be made public. If an MVP wants to hide from
the public but only let other MVPs know about their MVP status then let
them hide inside an MVP-only forum or MVP-only mailing list. If they
don't want to be public then don't claim to be an MVP in public.

If someone says they are an MVP but if the public can't verify that
status and if the one claiming to be an MVP can prove their status then
they aren't an MVP. Anyone can claim anything they want in the Usenet
anarchy. Hiding MVPs dilute the status and potence of the MVP title.


You have it all worked out, eh.

Some may not be public because their employers might think that they would
possibly do free work in works time.


They obviously don't need to add "MVP" to their moniker when they are
supposedly wasting company time doing non-company work.

Some employers may consider the MVP award status to be in competition with
what the company does/supplies.


Another reason to NOT include "MVP" in the moniker.

Some MVPs may not be in a position politically.


I'm not sure you meant. A political "position" might have a meaning
that I'm not aware off, like touching your toes while backside exposed.
  #50  
Old October 22nd 08, 03:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
VanguardLH[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,858
Default Microsoft MVPs

Bruce Hagen wrote:

I, for one, would have nothing against my name appearing in an official list
provided by MS. I just don't want my life history made public. They *could*
have two lists, but they don't. I have nothing I need to hide in my profile,
it's just a "nobody's business" thing.


You're claiming that becoming an MVP involves a background check by the
FBI to publicly divulge all your personal details rather than you
volunteering what is divulged in your MVP profile?

I see some MVP profiles that look like:

https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...A-5CE4281165DB

This guy has a company that he identifies but he certainly didn't go
hogwild like:

https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...6-FD9163687517

And then there is the minimalist MVP profile at:

https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...F-48405A0139C4

MVP profiles range from specifying nothing beyond a name (don't know if
even that is required versus a moniker) to detailing a life history. So
obviously the MVP *does* get to pick what gets put into their profile.
That the person is in the official list means users can verify the claim
that a poster is a real MVP. There is NOTHING that mandates that an MVP
has to divulge their personal life and private details in their profile.
MVPs that hide so they cannot be verified shouldn't be surprised that
they get dumped in the same boat as posters like pcbutts1 that lie about
being an MVP.

If users can't verify your status, you don't have that status! You
saying you have it doesn't make it so. Too many times I've run into a
dead end trying to verify someone claiming they are an MVP that now
"MVP" means nothing in their nym. Too many have chosen to hide.
  #51  
Old October 22nd 08, 03:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
VanguardLH[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,858
Default Microsoft MVPs

Ken Blake, MVP wrote:

Vanguard wrote:
I've looked at mvps.org. Didn't find anyone named "Bear" there.
Looked at https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/mvp.aspx.
There are couple of "bear" names with that substring but nothing
that would match on the "pa" part of your moniker. So just how *we*
non-MVPs visiting the newsgroups know YOU aren't yet another troll
pretending to be an MVP? We can't so the claim to be an MVP cannot
be verified which means the MVP title is not only worthless but
possibly deliberately misleading.


His name, which he often uses in his messages (or else I wouldn't
tell you), is Robear Dyer. PA Bear is sort of a nickname. Go back to
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/mvp.aspx and look for
Robear Dyer, which you will find there.

I can also personally vouch for his being an MVP, because I've
several times met him at MVP events at Microsoft in Seattle.


Yep, I went to the Microsoft Awardee site and did a search on "bear".
Saw the Robear entry. From another post, looked like Robear and PA Bear
were the same. This was all guesswork. Users trying to verify an MVP's
status shouldn't have to guess. I know folks like to use monikers
instead of their real name (hey, I do). Alas, MVP profiles seem to be
freeform so there probably isn't a fixed field within each MVP record to
specify a[list of] moniker[s] associated to an MVP identity that would
get included in a search.

I've hit a dead end too many times trying to verify someone who claims
to be an MVP that long ago I stopped giving it any importance. They
might be, they might not, don't care anymore because MVPs are allowed to
hide and too many do. They want to add a credential to their moniker
but they don't want it to be verifiable. Reminds me of those old spams
luring folks to get their college diplomas in a day just by paying some
money and getting an e-mail that they could print. Yeah, right.
  #52  
Old October 22nd 08, 03:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Mike Hall - MVP[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 453
Default Microsoft MVPs

"VanguardLH" wrote in message
...


I'm not sure you meant. A political "position" might have a meaning
that I'm not aware off, like touching your toes while backside exposed.



See, you spoiled it by being abusive..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..
http://dts-l.com/goodpost.htm
How to use the Microsoft Product Support Newsgroups..
http://support.microsoft.com/default...help&style=toc
Mike's Window - My Blog..
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/default.aspx




  #53  
Old October 22nd 08, 08:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop,microsoft.public.windows.live.messenger
Twayne[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,276
Default Microsoft MVPs

"Bob Lucas" wrote in message
...

Are there any special rules governing the use of the designation
MS-MVP?

I ask the question because, according to the page at
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/mvp.aspx, the Microsoft
MVP Awardee directory contains a listing of all MVPs that want to
share information publicly.

However, when I conducted advanced searches against the names of
contributors to several newsgroups (who claim to be MVPs), the search
engine produced the following response "No results were found for
your search criteria".



Not all MVP's want to share their information publicly


Then ... what are they doing on the newsgroups?




  #54  
Old October 22nd 08, 08:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop,microsoft.public.windows.live.messenger
PA Bear [MS MVP]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,010
Default Microsoft MVPs

Twayne wrote:
Not all MVP's want to share their information publicly


Then ... what are they doing on the newsgroups?


You're "on the newsgroups" and don't share any personal information with us.
What's the diff?

  #55  
Old October 22nd 08, 08:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop,microsoft.public.windows.live.messenger
Bill in Co.
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,106
Default Microsoft MVPs

Twayne wrote:
"Bob Lucas" wrote in message
...

Are there any special rules governing the use of the designation
MS-MVP?

I ask the question because, according to the page at
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/mvp.aspx, the Microsoft
MVP Awardee directory contains a listing of all MVPs that want to
share information publicly.

However, when I conducted advanced searches against the names of
contributors to several newsgroups (who claim to be MVPs), the search
engine produced the following response "No results were found for
your search criteria".



Not all MVP's want to share their information publicly


Then ... what are they doing on the newsgroups?


Helping people.


  #56  
Old October 22nd 08, 08:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Twayne[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,276
Default Microsoft MVPs

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

This a**hole is NOT an MVP!

The Real Truth MVP wrote:
There is none.


Ah yes, very true, but then the status of MVP has been diluted by real
MVPs that choose to hide. You can't check on their credentials
because they chose to hide. Gee, would you trust a doctor, dentist,
or any other self-claimed professional whose credentials you could
not certify? That MVPs can hide so their credentials are not public
(which has nothing to do with divulging private information) pretty
much renders the who concept worthless. Anyone could claim they are
an MVP, like Patricia here claiming to be one (after nymshifting away
from her pcbutts1 moniker). You don't need to go ego-stroking your
status to announce your MVP status to other MVPs. That ego-stroking
is to announce yourself to non-MVPs in a newsgroup (i.e., to the
general populace that visit there). To the public, if your
self-claimed MVP credentials cannot be traced to those that provide
that certification then you don't have those credentials as far as
the public is concerned. Unless the status of MVP is traceable, it
means nothing.

I've looked at mvps.org. Didn't find anyone named "Bear" there.
Looked at https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/mvp.aspx.
There are couple of "bear" names with that substring but nothing that
would match on the "pa" part of your moniker. So just how *we*
non-MVPs visiting the newsgroups know YOU aren't yet another troll
pretending to be an MVP? We can't so the claim to be an MVP cannot
be verified which means the MVP title is not only worthless but
possibly deliberately misleading. Is there yet some other MVP
credentials list for checking on whether or not someone who claims to
be an MVP can actually be verified to be an MVP?


They make slight considerations for silly things but posting with "MVP"
when it can't be verified, IIRC, is not supposed to be done according to
their list of reqs. And of course posing is, well, just plain
stupidest, if there is such a word. It doesn't matter much though
because of the dilution of the title over, gosh, more than a decade now.

I'm not trying to ding a few good, very knowledgeable MVPs here for whom
I posess a lot of respect; all I'm doing is talking reality of the
situation. What it boils down to, is those who have earned respect for
their contributions and accuracy get it easily, the rest don't. Any
titles, in my book anyway, are pretty much inconsquential unless it
turns out to be someone I can hold in more than average esteem.

IMO the "best" list is the one right there on the entry page:
http://mvps.org/ .

My 2 anyway,

Twayne


  #57  
Old October 22nd 08, 08:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Tom [Pepper] Willett[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 751
Default Microsoft MVPs



: IMO the "best" list is the one right there on the entry page:
: http://mvps.org/ .
:
: My 2 anyway,
:
: Twayne
:


And, of the almost 5,000 worldwide MS mvps, how many are listed on that
page? Wonder how many of those 5,000 mvps are even aware of that private,
non-microsoft related site?


  #58  
Old October 22nd 08, 08:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Twayne[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,276
Default Microsoft MVPs

....

No offense Mike but ...


You have it all worked out, eh.

Some may not be public because their employers might think that they
would possibly do free work in works time.


But a good employee wouldn't allow that situation to come about. Firing
is a lot faster when deceit is involved.


Some employers may consider the MVP award status to be in competition
with what the company does/supplies.


A good employee would not endanger that consideration. Firing is a lot
faster when deceit is involved.


Some MVPs may not be in a position politically.


Same as above. To me, all of those define a deceitful person, not
someone I could place a lot of trust in. If any of the above are true,
then they should stop using the title. Using the "title" is where the
words for ego and narcissist come into play when apparently a title
becomes more important than a job and security.


PCButts is a wannabe..


And he's chosen a good nick too, IMO "^).

Cheers,

Twayne


  #59  
Old October 22nd 08, 09:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop,microsoft.public.windows.live.messenger
Twayne[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,276
Default Microsoft MVPs

Twayne wrote:
Not all MVP's want to share their information publicly


Then ... what are they doing on the newsgroups?


You're "on the newsgroups" and don't share any personal information
with us. What's the diff?


I am not claiming to be an "MS-MVP"! What's your excuse?


  #60  
Old October 22nd 08, 09:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Twayne[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,276
Default Microsoft MVPs

IMO the "best" list is the one right there on the entry page:
http://mvps.org/ .

My 2 anyway,

Twayne



And, of the almost 5,000 worldwide MS mvps, how many are listed on
that page? Wonder how many of those 5,000 mvps are even aware of
that private, non-microsoft related site?


Well, if you ask the right MVPs, they would be the only ones not aware
of it. The same goes for aumha. Um, ha?
It's a good list of sites and I've always had good luck with it. Not
because they're MVPs necessarily, but because they know what they're
talking about the vast majority of the time. I don't care if they're
VBMs, if they're good, I'll work with them.


 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off






All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 PCbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.