A Windows XP help forum. PCbanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PCbanter forum » Windows 10 » Windows 10 Help Forum
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

System Tray Problems in Win10 Home v. 2004



 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old August 22nd 20, 06:44 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
tb
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 103
Default System Tray Problems in Win10 Home v. 2004

I am using Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, with a laptop connected to the
Internet via Wi-Fi. I recently upgraded to the 2004 version.

I just noticed that if I click on the Wi-Fi or Clock icons (both
located in the System Tray), nothing happens.

Typically, clicking on the Wi-Fi icon would show the available Wi-Fi
networks and some tiles called Wi-Fi, Airplane Mode, and Mobile Hotspot.

And normally clicking on the clock would bring up the calendar.

Plese note: The laptop is able to connect to all the _registered_
Wi-Fi networks. I donít have a problem connecting to the Internet so
long as one of the registered Wi-Fi networks is available. But the
problem would be if I need to connect to a new Wi-Fi network.

All the other icons in the System Tray seem to work ok.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?

--
tb
Ads
  #2  
Old August 22nd 20, 08:19 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
VanguardLH[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10,881
Default System Tray Problems in Win10 Home v. 2004

tb wrote:

I am using Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, with a laptop connected to the
Internet via Wi-Fi. I recently upgraded to the 2004 version.

I just noticed that if I click on the Wi-Fi or Clock icons (both
located in the System Tray), nothing happens.

Typically, clicking on the Wi-Fi icon would show the available Wi-Fi
networks and some tiles called Wi-Fi, Airplane Mode, and Mobile Hotspot.

And normally clicking on the clock would bring up the calendar.

Plese note: The laptop is able to connect to all the _registered_
Wi-Fi networks. I donít have a problem connecting to the Internet so
long as one of the registered Wi-Fi networks is available. But the
problem would be if I need to connect to a new Wi-Fi network.

All the other icons in the System Tray seem to work ok.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?


Have you rebooted the OS since the 2004 feature update?

If "recent" means within the last 10 days, you can revert. See:

https://www.howtogeek.com/675411/how...y-2020-update/

Of course, if you schedule your own image backups, you can restore using
those instead of hoping Microsoft's reversion works.

Whichever method you use to recover the state of your Windows
installation back to before you installed the 2004 update, retest to see
if the problems went away when you go back to what you had before.
  #3  
Old August 22nd 20, 08:33 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
tb
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 103
Default System Tray Problems in Win10 Home v. 2004

On 8/22/2020 at 2:19:54 PM VanguardLH wrote:

tb wrote:

I am using Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, with a laptop connected to the
Internet via Wi-Fi. I recently upgraded to the 2004 version.

I just noticed that if I click on the Wi-Fi or Clock icons (both
located in the System Tray), nothing happens.

Typically, clicking on the Wi-Fi icon would show the available Wi-Fi
networks and some tiles called Wi-Fi, Airplane Mode, and Mobile
Hotspot.

And normally clicking on the clock would bring up the calendar.

Plese note: The laptop is able to connect to all the registered
Wi-Fi networks. I donít have a problem connecting to the Internet
so long as one of the registered Wi-Fi networks is available. But
the problem would be if I need to connect to a new Wi-Fi network.

All the other icons in the System Tray seem to work ok.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?


Have you rebooted the OS since the 2004 feature update?

If "recent" means within the last 10 days, you can revert. See:


https://www.howtogeek.com/675411/how...y-2020-update/

Of course, if you schedule your own image backups, you can restore
using those instead of hoping Microsoft's reversion works.

Whichever method you use to recover the state of your Windows
installation back to before you installed the 2004 update, retest to
see if the problems went away when you go back to what you had before.


I upgraded about three weeks ago. Yes, I did a full backup before
doing the upgrade. And, yes, I have rebooted many times since then.

I am just wondering if anybody else has run into the same problem and
found a solution, other than going through a restore.

--
tb
  #4  
Old August 22nd 20, 08:48 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
Andy Burns[_6_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,318
Default System Tray Problems in Win10 Home v. 2004

tb wrote:

the problem would be if I need to connect to a new Wi-Fi network.


What do you get from

Start/Settings/Network & Internet/WiFi/Show available networks?
  #5  
Old August 22nd 20, 09:15 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10
tb
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 103
Default System Tray Problems in Win10 Home v. 2004

On 8/22/20 2:48 PM, Andy Burns wrote:
tb wrote:

the problem would be if I need to connect to a new Wi-Fi network.


What do you get from

Start/Settings/Network & Internet/WiFi/Show available networks?


Nothing happens when I click on Show Available Networks...
--
tb
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off






All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2023 PCbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.