A Windows XP help forum. PCbanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PCbanter forum » Microsoft Windows XP » Printing and Faxing with Windows XP
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

XP Reboots when printing with HP All in One Printer

Old May 10th 04, 05:50 PM
Dave
external usenet poster

Default XP Reboots when printing with HP All in One Printer

I have an HP 2175 All in One printer and XP home. When I
attempt to print something, the printer will print a few
lines then XP freezes, goes black screen then the
computer reboots.

Any ideas anyone?

I have all current updates.

I have uninstalled the HP software and reinstalled the
printer.

Ads
Old May 15th 04, 04:06 PM
pfabionar@yahoo
external usenet poster

Default XP Reboots when printing with HP All in One Printer

If you have not tried this: turn off your computer. Turn ON your printer. Now start your computer. XP automatically
sets up its drivers.
Next try this repair:
If you have your XP cd..your XP software, put the CD in, and select EXIT at the bottom of the blue intro screen.
Then go to programs on the start Menu...look for the list til you find command prompt. and left click to open it.
This is a black window and it will show a blinking dash-line...when you type sfc/scannow
and press ENTER....It will check your system for errors ..it takes a while so wait...when done remove disk
Then go to your start up menu and click on RUN.....then in the little window type in msconfig
select open...or "go" then select Selective Startup on the first menu...Next look high on the upper tabs
all the way to the right and select the tab SELECTIVE START UP. What do you have checked there?
You should uncheck all and just select the programs CCAP, also your mouseware if you have cordless
mouse.....check any Symantec settings (should come on with startup) If you see Regfy...it needs to be on too
What did you find? Paula at
Oh yeah...with no disk at all you can scan for errors...just go to My Computer then when you see the C drive,
right click over the c drive icon...then select properties, then tools and "check disk" also run a defrag whether it needs it or not.

----- Dave wrote: -----

I have an HP 2175 All in One printer and XP home. When I
attempt to print something, the printer will print a few
lines then XP freezes, goes black screen then the
computer reboots.

Any ideas anyone?

I have all current updates.

I have uninstalled the HP software and reinstalled the
printer.