A Windows XP help forum. PCbanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PCbanter forum » Microsoft Windows XP » Windows XP and video cards, drivers and similar
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

HD PVR

Old January 13th 04, 07:04 PM
M.Hat
external usenet poster

Default HD PVR

I have an HD TV set. Does the Windows Media have HD PVR capability? If not, does anyone know if it's in the next upgrade?
Ads
Old January 13th 04, 08:04 PM
Chris Lanier
external usenet poster

Default HD PVR

Hi, No Windows MCE doesn't support it. Microsoft knows that this feature is
wanted, but had not said anything about it.

--
Chris Lanier
"M.Hat" wrote in message
I have an HD TV set. Does the Windows Media have HD PVR capability? If

not, does anyone know if it's in the next upgrade?

Old January 13th 04, 09:43 PM
M.Hat
external usenet poster

Default HD PVR

Thank you Chris. Everyone will want it becuse Digital HDTV is exploding and so are PVRs. You probably know that Dish is right now selling a dual-receiver HD PVR in the U.S. I want that HD DVR capability and I also want the ability to game on a large scr
een HDTV (with keyboard and mouse), along with the other media centre stuff, included in the software of my next computer. I'd also like to put the whole thing on a shelf in the living room, along my audio system and the other electronic items. My wife
says that this means a black, shelf-friendly case or it's no go. This other "media centre" hardware that everyone in town is building makes me laugh. What is going on??? The computer is a media center! I suppose the idea of a computer in the living roo
m got a bad rapt a few years back because the attempt to do it was premature and because someone said the family wouldn't stand for it. But now its time has come and, with a pair of earphones to shut the noise off from non-users, it will work in any famil
y. Besides, the biggest market for this sort of thing is wealthy singles. Duh! Anyway, back then when it failed there were no TVs that could handle it. But now that chip-based sets (no burn in) high resolution sets are here, it should be obvious what t
he future will look like. Everything and all digital with copy protection for copyrighted content. One other thing that's needed is to make everything user friendly, which it most definitely isn't at the moment.

Sorry. That was my rant for today. Thanks again for responding to my query.
Old January 13th 04, 09:43 PM
Cari \(MS-MVP\)
external usenet poster

Default HD PVR

There are a few ways to record HD at present.... look at the forums at
www.avsforums.com for details.

Dish Network have recently released their 921 receiver (available in very
limited numbers right now).... DirecTivo is not released yet (and will only
work with DirectTV).

There is currently no way to get captured footage from either of these units
to a PC.... however with the folks out there, I'm sure a 'method' will be
found shortly.

Cari
www.coribright.com

"M.Hat" wrote in message
I have an HD TV set. Does the Windows Media have HD PVR capability? If
not, does anyone know if it's in the next upgrade?