A Windows XP help forum. PCbanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PCbanter forum » Microsoft Windows XP » Windows XP and video cards, drivers and similar
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

AV/C Drivers?

Old January 16th 04, 09:42 PM
DaveB
external usenet poster

Default AV/C Drivers?

I'm running Windows XP home on an HP Pavillion p-4 2.0GHz desktop. I used to be able to capture video from my sony dvcam until a recent system crash. After a complete rebuild, XP won't recognize the camera and prompts me to find the AV/C Drivers. I have
the installation disk that came with the camera, but it doesn't contain the files - or XP can't find them...I've seen other people on the web with this problem, but I haven't yet found the solution. Any ideas out there?
Ads
Old January 16th 04, 10:22 PM
DaveB
external usenet poster

Default AV/C Drivers?

I've noticed that a bunch of other people were having this problem and after a long search I found something that worked for me and wanted to share it. In the Windows\Inf folder there are two files: msdv.1 and msdv.PNF.1 These will not show up with the
normal icon that most of the other files in the folder have. if you take off the ".1" they become recognizable files. I then turned off my system, connected and turned on my DV Camera (a Sony DSR-PDX10), rebooted and went to Add Hardware. Even though W
indows XP didn't find the new hardware automatically, I selected that the hardware was already connected when prompted. Then I selected the yellow question marked "AV/C" device. Windows then found the proper drivers and installed the hardware. It is up
and running now. I didn't mention before that this was all happening through the firewire drive - but those of you who are having this problem already know that. Hope it works for you if you choose to try it.

----- DaveB wrote: -----

I'm running Windows XP home on an HP Pavillion p-4 2.0GHz desktop. I used to be able to capture video from my sony dvcam until a recent system crash. After a complete rebuild, XP won't recognize the camera and prompts me to find the AV/C Drivers. I
have the installation disk that came with the camera, but it doesn't contain the files - or XP can't find them...I've seen other people on the web with this problem, but I haven't yet found the solution. Any ideas out there?